• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm back !!!

MvM

Legendary Member
Hi to Everyone !!

Just wanted to let you know that since last Wednesday, June 30th, I am officially a NSX-owner again :smile: :smile: :smile:

After my little accident in December 2008 which left me without a NSX I immediately started the search for a new (and if possible) better one.

Of course I wanted a red NSX (coupe) again and preferably from a later year also. I have this policy than any car I buy should always be from a later year than the previous one.

However, since NSX's are few and far between in Europe, (asking) prices are high (up to 40K euro for some '91 models) and most of them are 1991-1992 models anyway, the search was not easy. And unfortunately, a lot of these cars are in serious need of work also.

All this time however, my good friend Rene, happy owner of both a red-tan supercharged 1998 NSX-T and a Sebring Silver/Onyx 1998 NSX-T had his silver NSX for sale and in perfect condition as well.

I was getting fed up of seeing the same NSX's for sale for a year and a half, and finally decided the make a test-drive in his SS NSX.

And to make the story short, since last Wednesday, I am the happy owner of a Sebring Silver 1998 NSX-T in excellent condition and completely stock.

It will not remain stock since I have many parts left from my previous one which will need to get installed. And, not being red, the car will need some work to make it a bit more presentable of course :biggrin:

So far, I've driven the car for about 300 km and it really is in excellent condition.

So, I am one happy NSX owner again.
Very happy to be BACK !!

Let me be the first one to congratulate you! Welcome back!
I've seen the car on several photos and it's really a pristine car. Don't shoot me as I'd leave it stock. :D

very happy for you! it's a pity that you did not find a color red (fastest!) :biggrin: I wish you good luck with your beautiful NSX and good road! :smile:

Maarten, congretulations on FINALLY buying my SS NSX, it has taken you a LONG TIME to get over the colour :rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

Ofcourse you got it waaaay too cheap from me, but hey, anything for a friend in distress :biggrin:

Let me kick off the pic parade wit a few and I will leave it to Maarten to put more here. :smile:

My OLD (now your new) SS NSX together with my RED CTSC NSX

2cyl5rr.jpg

28imbuc.jpg

and MvM's new toy separately

t0p4ko.jpg

511uhd.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the congrats !!

And for Thomas, I'm sorry, you're too late already.
Have replaced the CD-player already and the shiftknob too :tongue:

First impressions of the car:
- Fit and finish of the car is superb !!
- Very supple ride (stock suspension).
- More noise at high speed than the coupe but not unbearable. At a certain point/speed the level seems to remain the same.
- Brakes felt a bit squashy at first, but after a few serious tries are not too bad but you really have to press hard to get good decelleration. The Michelin tires (225/45 front) have excellent grip. Was difficult to get the ABS activated.
- The Targa roof makes some noises but not often and not hard.
- Have taken the car up to 160 mph so far and at speed the car feels a bit more floaty than I was used to.
- I can hear the power assisted steering more than in my previous car.
- There is this smile stuck on my face that I can't seem to get rid off (not that I want to but it might get annoying for all those unfortunate people who don't have access to a NSX) :biggrin:

Good to hear Maarten :smile:
I was really starting to miss you at events as you were without NSX:rolleyes:

When searching for my first NSX about 5 years ago, I didn't think of SS as a preference either, but after searching for more than 6 months, viewing about 8 others and this was the ONLY one that was good enough to meet my high standards, I got the SS anyway.

To be honest, the colour grew on me and I really like it.

In contradiction to you I really didn't want a RED one and ended up with one afterall as I more or less stumbled upon it and it had just about every option already installed that I ever wanted. So opted to get the red one (even though I really didn't want red) and sell the SS :wink:

Last edited:
Both of them are stunning cars!!!!! Congrats MvM! That is an awesome car that you have!

Warm regards,
Dat

- Brakes felt a bit squashy at first, but after a few serious tries are not too bad but you really have to press hard to get good decelleration. The Michelin tires (225/45 front) have excellent grip. Was difficult to get the ABS activated.
Michelins grippy? No, wonder if you have no brakes! :tongue::D Serious, the OEM brake pads suck (the duck). If you're staying with the OEM wheels (I still pray for it :D) Hankook RS-2 is available in OEM size and is said to be very sticky.
I wish I could doublicate the day I bought my NSX.

Michelins grippy? No, wonder if you have no brakes! :tongue::D Serious, the OEM brake pads suck (the duck). If you're staying with the OEM wheels (I still pray for it :D) Hankook RS-2 is available in OEM size and is said to be very sticky.

Yes, they are (were) grippy.
If not, the ABS would have kicked it very soon and it did not (but it does work).
Mind you, the road was very neat, flat and very dry.

And no, I will not stick with the OEM wheels since I am going to put my RacingBrake brake kit back on and those will not fit under the OEM 16" wheels.

welcome back to ownership,nice to see cars stay with caring and involved owners.Make sure Ken S. sees this thread:wink:

Did you ever drive Michelin Pilot Sport yourself?

The Michelin Pilot Sport is one of the nicest/best tires I have ever used.

Used them on a Subaru GT Turbo and Mitsubishi Evo 6 before.

Yes, compared to for instance a Bridgestone S02 it is a little bit less direct than the super direct Bridgestone, but it has just as good if not better road performance and offers a bit more comfort for daily driving on bumpy roads, VERY good tyres.
Over the years it has however become clear to me that tyres are a very personal preference, when trying tyres that other people were raving about, I sometimes found them way underpreforming...

Did you ever drive Michelin Pilot Sport yourself?

The Michelin Pilot Sport is one of the nicest/best tires I have ever used.

Yes, I did. It's not a bad tyre but not a good tyre on the NSX. In wet conditions, they suck. And they're way too expensive regarding the competitors.

Yes, I did. It's not a bad tyre but not a good tyre on the NSX. In wet conditions, they suck. And they're way too expensive regarding the competitors.

couldn't agree more... but make the roundabouts a lot fun...10x straight in drift :p... can't do it that long with the RE040's though....

Congrats!!! Is the red car from the US??? (side marker lights, no headlight washers and A symbols)

Yup, I stumbled upon the red one here on Prime where it was on sale by fellow member Hydro and it had just about every toy installed that I was thinking of putting on the SS NSX that I already had. So as it was in perfect condition, despite the fact that it was red which I really didn't want (however I decided that with the Tan int it was acceptable :wink::biggrin:), I opted to buy it, import it to Europe and in due time sell the SS.

But this topic is about MvM's new treasure :redface:, so let's get back on that: man, that is a nice car and colour :wink:
I understand MvM is already going nuts with planning lots of mods to put on it :biggrin:

Last edited:
Congrats on finding a replacement NSX. I remember reading about your unfortunate incident and am happy to finally read that you found another.

Nice - of course you know I like it! :biggrin:
Fastest color anyway. Sounds like the pickens are a bit slim over there. Maybe we should bring our cars from the US over and sell....:rolleyes:....NOT.

I'm sure you're glad to be back in the saddle again and already up to 160 mph - wow - that's why all us guys here would like to come to Europe. Speed limits. Good luck!

I'm always late replying to any thread, but better late than never:...Congratulations on buying, what was probably the finest NSX for sale in the Netherlands, and of course a rare original European car. It's good to know it found a new owner in the Netherlands and didn't end up crossing borders.

Back