• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm not a celebrity but my NSX is........

I had the day off so I took the NSX to the local BMW dealership to buy some new lug nuts for my 2008 M3 sedan. The weather was so warm, I had the targa top off.

While I was waiting for the parts guy, I took a look through the dealership window to check on my NSX. Three people where surrounding it, each taking pictures. I thought that was funny.

I can't take her anywhere.

Last edited:
nice line up of cars man....:smile:

I had a similar experience at a local Honda dealer when I drove my Imola NSX with the top off 2 weeks ago to get it inspected for registration. About half of the service dept. and a few salesmen were around the car taking pictures of each other with their phones. It was cool but a little embarrassing as well though I can't explain why.

Same happened here when I took my car into the MB dealer to see a friend. All the techs came out and took pics and they did my inspection for me which was nice too.
And she still a lady and not worry about her top comming off.

Even when I was in a new GTR all the Nissan salesman wanted to talk about was my NSX. Felt like he had a lot more interest in the test drive being over so he could look at my NSX than he had in selling the GTR. One customer came out and asked for help because every sales guy was outside looking at the NSX. He was so polite too... "Can one of you guys help me with a car?" They're all like "yeah yeah, can't you see we are busy". LOL

Peoples' curiosity is a funny thing.

I had pulled up to a gas pump at a station here in town and was on the phone with my fiance. I was going to end my conversation before getting out of the car to pump gas. So I'm wrapping up the conversation when out of the corner of my eye I notice a guy standing at my driver quarter panel...just standing there, hands in his pockets. I told her I had to go, that some guy was standing by the car waiting on me to get out. She said,"I don't like your car anymore." I chuckled and we ended our call, but I know she loves the attention the car gets...especially if she's the one behind the wheel. (Yes, she gets to drive it sometimes, too) Lucky girl! ;)

I had a similar experience at a local Honda dealer when I drove my Imola NSX with the top off 2 weeks ago to get it inspected for registration. About half of the service dept. and a few salesmen were around the car taking pictures of each other with their phones. It was cool but a little embarrassing as well though I can't explain why.

Constant attention my #1 complaint about the car. I do like getting thumbs up from people in real exotics though.

yeah, it does get a lot of attention.

1. I get driver at stop light taking pictures behind the wheel
2. I get passenger taking pictures on the freeway
3. Lots of compliments at the gas station, pizza parlor, etc

I gotta admit...NSX is so sexy behind the rear view mirror.... I just awww when I"m driving my daily car and seeing another NSX coming up through the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
Attention comes with the territory... in my part of the country, the NSX gets more attention than most Lambo's, Ferrari's, and every Porsche... Its mostly because you dont see NSX's everyday and for many, they dont even know what it is.

It's a total dude magnet and like the R33 Skyline, its most recognizable from big hit video games like the Gran Turismo series and even movies like Fast n Furious Four / Fast Five.

A few blocks over from my house theres a house of high school kids who drive late 90's Civic Si, RSX-S, newer Civic Si.. They got buddies always over with other lower end but nicer tuners. All the cars have some kind of tuner/look mod to them. My street is out of their way from the main road, but traffic has picked up on my block since I brought the NSX home last summer... even my neighbors have commented on it. lol

They always drive by to see if the car is out, yet never stop. I waive at them when I drive by their house when I leave the subdivision, maybe one day I'll actually stop and get out :D

Last edited:
^^hopefully one day one or two of them will not try to steal your car.
Nice job of stereotyping.

All the young folks I know with their own prized Honda cars - and, as a participant in various local meets, there have been many - were always tremendously respectful of my NSX. Envious, perhaps. But I never needed to worry about their motives.

No I am not stereotyping anybody. Just raised a possibility. A thief doesn't have to be a young person. They can come in all ages.

We're not celebrities, but someone made a virtual video of our LoveFab car running the BBC Top Gear track :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0WCNy20x90U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian

There's not much good in stealing a NSX compared to all of the other 90's Hondas.

I could park my Type R on the street as my NSX and the R would be stole 800 times before somebody would even bother with the NSX. I'm sure they'd take a picture of it though as they're putting my R on a flatbed. But that's about it.

that couldnt be more true ! two different friends of mine both had there type r's stolen, cant recall one nsx being stolen in atl

There's not much good in stealing a NSX compared to all of the other 90's Hondas.

I could park my Type R on the street as my NSX and the R would be stole 800 times before somebody would even bother with the NSX. I'm sure they'd take a picture of it though as they're putting my R on a flatbed. But that's about it.

Twice in the past month I have noticed I am being tail gated and it is because they are focusing their camera's on the back of my car to take a picture while driving. It is flattering, but then again I hope I don't get rear ended by someone taking a photo of my car.

We're not celebrities, but someone made a virtual video of our LoveFab car running the BBC Top Gear track :cool:

Brian

haha! just saw that. That car is insanely fast. I remember sharing the road with it at Gingerman in 2011, that's one of those pointbys that I would give 1000 ft in advance.

Brian

Nice video, but I noticed the driver's on the wrong side of the car :smile: RHD.
I'll have to share the video with some friends.

What kind of time did that Lovefab car turn on the top gear track. Looked like a go cart out there!
1:20.83........and there sure was a bunch of room for improvement in many of those lines.

RHD, NA engine sound, exhaust on wrong side, too large rear wing.............but it was a good effort I thought.

Now, if he could program in a very non-linear power curve the virtual video would be much more realistic (and entertaining ;^)

Brian

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0WCNy20x90U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Brian
Holy crap that's awesome! LOL.

NSX's are becoming very prized, since most new cars have so many computers etc. many feel as though all the computer stuff takes away from the raw joy of driving an awesome sports car, raw sports cars are pretty much a thing of the past and no longer made. I took mine to a Barrett Jackson event in Monterey during Monterey car week with Ferrari's and other exotic cars there, and there were a flock of people around my car taking pic's and doing the same thing as you describe. Great story HockeyGoalie!

Last edited:
Back