• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In the market for an NSX. What do y'all think of this example?

Looking to purchase a 1991 to 1994 NSX. Not afraid of a little work and elbow grease, in fact I welcome it. Here is the eBay link to one that I was kinda considering (I hope it's ok that I post this):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-/...8bbeb7e9:g:zAYAAOSwRgJXjT50&item=371711719401

VIN: JH4NA1158MT001290

Red is my second choice, black being my first. Most of the blemishes on this car don't really bother me as I can source replacements pretty easily, I believe. Like the clock being missing, or broken bezel, or the missing rear view mirror, or the spare tire. But things like t
he aftermarket tweeter installed in the door panels is a bit more concerning. More concerning would be that the AC condensor is missing along with some of the lines. (But I suppose I should just do a search for some of those items as well.) The biggest thing is the repaint, though. Is the OEM red paint hard to match? Everyone talks about how the paint process Honda used was really involved, it makes me wonder how well a body shop could match it in quality....

I was looking at an NSX local to me in Washington, but that deal seems like it'll likely fall through so I'm looking at my options. Not looking to spend much past $35,000.

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:
Ooooh, thank you for pointing me to that thread. Note to self, search for VIN on NSXprime next time!

Also, if you are looking into a fixer upper, why not stop by an Acura online parts store and just browse around. You can get an idea of just how expensive things can be to replace on the car. If they are not yet discontinued which most parts are becoming daily. Plus, you never want non Oem parts. Unless it's like oxygen sensors or something.
I found all of these facts above when I bought a fixer upper. Parts are crazy expensive for what they are.

Hehe, I was doing just that today! Haven't done the maths yet, but upon first blush, buying a fixer upper doesn't mean you'll come out ahead even if you do most of the repairs yourself --- simply because OEM parts are so expensive.

Always shop at www.acurapartsforless.com and use 5nsx in the promo code for an additional 5% off. These guys are the absolute least expensive I have found throughout the nation. Even before the promo code.

I looks pretty good in pictures but I'm sure in person it will look much different when viewed closer.

Always shop at www.acurapartsforless.com and use 5nsx in the promo code for an additional 5% off. These guys are the absolute least expensive I have found throughout the nation. Even before the promo code.

Thanks for the tip, Jinks! Already ordered some parts from them for my new 1992 Berlina Black NSX I picked up this past Monday!

Back