• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JH4NA21311T000076 - one of a kind?

I have a 2001 NSX coupe, red with black interior six speed. I'm the 2nd owner, car was originally sold in Arizona. When I purchased the car I was told it was the last stick coupe sold in the US, there was a white auto also that year. When I was going through the history filing I did not see this car, doen anyone have any information on it?

Interesting... I thought the only ones were whitensx's white/camel one and that the red/black one was an auto... Got pics of this car?

is the car still in vegas ? 34k miles :wink:

awesome car and rare indeed

I have a 2001 NSX coupe, red with black interior six speed. I'm the 2nd owner, car was originally sold in Arizona. When I purchased the car I was told it was the last stick coupe sold in the US, there was a white auto also that year. When I was going through the history filing I did not see this car, doen anyone have any information on it?

-

JH4NA21 --> 3 <-- 11T000076 : Three is the magic number

(1997-2001 NSX coupe with power steering) per the NSX VIN decoder ring

Any idea who owned it here in Arizona?

Pics? Details?

Very nice... would love to see pics.
What was ever the final story on the yellow 99' coupe that is listed on ebay currently... not to jack the thread but since newer coupes are being mentioned.

I remember your car being for sale on eBay. It has a CTSC. If memory serves me right, it had something like 55k miles. For some reason, from Ben's database, the car was supposed to be an automatic but obviously that was not the case.
Steve

I bought the car from Paul Herman Motorcars out of Buffalo, NY in March of 2006. I did a carfax on it and found out that the car was originally leased from Arizona in February 2002. I had a yellow 97 before but I didn't care for the T top and the flex it caused. I looked for a coupe for over 3 years before finding this one. The car had 34,000 miles and the purchase price was $56,000.

Right after the delivery of the car I had Acura of Las Vegas install a Comtech supercharger, headers and catback exhaust. I love the power difference, I can now stay with a Z06 with no problem.

The car now has 43,000 miles and the only maintenance has been regular services. I did have the car up for sale last year but no one wanted the pay my price.

I bought the car from Paul Herman Motorcars out of Buffalo, NY in March of 2006. I did a carfax on it and found out that the car was originally leased from Arizona in February 2002. I had a yellow 97 before but I didn't care for the T top and the flex it caused. I looked for a coupe for over 3 years before finding this one. The car had 34,000 miles and the purchase price was $56,000.

Right after the delivery of the car I had Acura of Las Vegas install a Comtech supercharger, headers and catback exhaust. I love the power difference, I can now stay with a Z06 with no problem.

The car now has 43,000 miles and the only maintenance has been regular services. I did have the car up for sale last year but no one wanted the pay my price.

Corvette C6 Z06? What kind of boost are you running?
Steve

Don't know the year of the vette, this happened about a year ago, meet at a traffic light, he had me off the line but I stayed with him until I hit 4th gear and common sense kicked in. As far as the boost # I don't remember, I do remember the dealer saying I could put a larger pulley on if I wanted more.

Had to have been a C5 z06. Even a high boost ctsc couldn't stay with a c6 z6. A ctsc low boost is about on par with a regular c6.

sent from my Evo4

Last edited:
Had to have been a C5 z06. Even a high boost ctsc couldn't stay with a c6 z6. A ctsc low boost is about on par with a regular c6.

sent from my Evo4

At these HP:weight levels, and especially on the street, the driver is a bigger factor (as well as traction) than anything else IMO.

A C5 Z06 will do 0-60 in about 4-4.2 flat, and the 1/4 in high 11's low 12s. My low boost CTSC is good for about these #s as well.

The current C6 is more like 4.5 0-60 and mid to low 12s. The C6 Z06 is obviously a monster, sub 4 0-60 and mid to low 11s 1/4, but thats if you can shift that well, hook up, drive that fast, hold traction...

On the street, stop light to stop light (which is ridiculous really), all of these cars are so quick it doesnt make a lot of sense.

I can say that on various days I have both smacked down, and lost to, my buddies base C6 and another buddies C5 Z06 when we just play around on different occasions. In turn, my friend has definitely "taken" a C6 Z06 with his C5 Z06, but it was clearly due to problems hooking up and a missed shift on the Z06. Its all driver with cars this powerful and light.

Last edited:
Don't know the year of the vette, this happened about a year ago, meet at a traffic light, he had me off the line but I stayed with him until I hit 4th gear and common sense kicked in. As far as the boost # I don't remember, I do remember the dealer saying I could put a larger pulley on if I wanted more.
Then I doubt the "Z06" was even trying to run away. I also had a CTSC NSX. The CTSC did not transform the NSX into a dragster. Under boost at mid to high RPM, the car was very fast and lively on the highway. However, at a stoplight, the low end power and torque are clearly no match to the Z06's.
Steve

ThreadDirection.jpg

At B-J Scottsdale January, 2018

Jh4na21311t000076

Red with black 6 spd coupe to hit the block tomorrow (1-18-2018) at Barrett Jackson's Scottsdale auction. Lot # 864, mileage 51,000. Still CTSC'd.
I -may- be there Sunday and will try to find it to have a look. :smile:

Na2 coupe is probably the rarest NSX, certainly in the States. You got 50ish Zanardis, 0 NA2 type R, zero, S and a handful of NA2 coupes. I reckon they drive brilliatly, probably better than a NA2 R for day to day use and occasional track use. We have only one or two NA2 coupes here in Australia.
Will be very interested to see how its goes at auction!

Last edited:
Jh4na21311t000076

Red with black 6 spd coupe to hit the block tomorrow (1-18-2018) at Barrett Jackson's Scottsdale auction. Lot # 864, mileage 51,000. Still CTSC'd.
I -may- be there Sunday and will try to find it to have a look. :smile:

The auction listing doesn’t even mention it’s a coupe. [emoji46].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The auction listing doesn’t even mention it’s a coupe. [emoji46].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think the seller knows what he has here. This is 1of17 NA2 Coupes built. most rare NSX there is. Read the description, it says 2 wheel disc brakes!
Hagerty has it as a $100,000 car.
Someone is going to get a deal on this car...
up on the block Thursday late afternoon, early evening.

Last edited:
25K discount! BJ is a awful place to sell an NSX. they called it a Nissan NSX.

Last edited:
Back