• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got home with my first NSX!!!

Greg a warm welcome...

Beautiful hunk of alluminum man ! :smile:
Congrats!

"The moment I drove the Honda NSX, all the benchmark cars-Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini-I had been useing as references in the development of my car (the Mclaren F1)vanished from my mind."

-Chief engineer Mclaren F1 Gordon Murray

http://www.imolamotorsports.com Kevin owns the place, he's an NSX owner & great guy...he goes by KTAN on Prime. If you look close enough on his site you will see a Red NSX.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your beautiful baby, the color red was chosen because although it is the fastest color : Biggrin:, I wish you lots of fun with your NSX : Smile:

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Greg

That trip home was over twice the length I ever took any of my 4 porsches in the entire total of owning them of about 20 years... It was truly exciting.. In historic fredrikburg va,2 separate people on different streets asked me to pull over for a picture... Of course I obliged!!!

No.. I don't own four porsches, or even one right now, but I have mess of motorcycles... Now I know what kind of car it takes to duplicate the performance of my Kawasaki 1400 sport touring bike!!!

Congrats on new purchase! The stance looks very good as well :)

Congrats. Welcome to the club.

I delighted that you love your "first NSX" so much that you are already planning on buying a second one. ;) Now go join the NSXCA.

Hey.. were do you guy insure your cars?

anybody use GRUNDY? they are quoteing 760.00/year
You don't really need a specialty insurance company. I insured mine as part of my other policies with State Farm.

As usual, you can shop around for rates, check independent sources (like JD Powers) for satisfaction ratings, etc.

Last edited:
State Farm wouldn't let me do a stated value policy so there was no way in hell I was going to take that risk. They'd probaby pay me $18k if something happened to my car.

I've had my NSX insured with Grundy for a few years. Can't beat full coverage for agreed value at $450/yr.

Last edited:
State Farm wouldn't let me do a stated value policy so there was no way in hell I was going to take that risk. They'd probaby pay me $18k if something happened to my car.
State Farm is one of the best at claims satisfaction, and the chances are excellent that if the car were stolen/totalled, they would give you full market value of the car. (Been there, done that.)

But if you have substantial modifications which you think would make your car worth much more than the value of a stock car, and you don't want to have to argue over a settlement value, then by all means go with a specialty company. (Incidentally, if you want to be sure of getting the specified value in the event of a claim, you should be looking for a policy with an "agreed value" provision so that's the amount you would be reimbursed, not a "stated value" policy which might not reimburse the full amount stated.)

congrats!!!! hey if you would ever want to meet up in Sarnia/port huron at the bluewater bridge for some awesome french fries....id be in! I grew up in Sarnia, now live in London, Ontario but usually try to think of any crazy excuse for a drive. ooh and btw you picked the right colour.
eddy

Huge Congrats & Welcome! Enjoy:) She's Beautiful!

Thanks for adding another NSX to the population in MI, Greg!
I have some fond memories of spending some quality time an a CB450 of a similar vintage as your scrambler.
The only bike I have now is an early Z50 Minitrail :wink:

Brian

Congratulations on getting a beautiful NSX! Hope the weather alllows for you to enjoy driving before you need to put her in storage. Welcome to Ownership. :)

Just a thought since you said you are putting her up for winter soon

Put it on stands, pull the wheels, pull your battery, don't cover the car (trapped condensation isn't a good thing for clearcoat/paint), and take a long good look at all your rubber components (topside, engine, bottom, frunk, etc)
put honda shin-etsu grease on your door/targa/trunk/frunk seals
Think about stuff you can check out while its on stands
brakepads? CV boots? dirty stuff that needs some TLC, etc, etc

I also have Grundy agreed value, decent price for the coverage

I stored my NSX for 4-6 months every winter for 20 years. The only thing I did was to keep an automatic charger connected to the battery (which I did the rest of the year, too, any time the car sat for more than a week).

don't cover the car (trapped condensation isn't a good thing for clearcoat/paint)
That's just plain bad advice. Use a quality car cover and this isn't a problem. Most modern car covers are made of specially-designed layered fabrics that allow any moisture under the car cover to evaporate.

Last edited:
welcome!

Back