• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just put in GM Friction Modified.

5 years, ~40,000 miles, still no grinds since the oil change. Had grinds before and notchy shifting, but still gone.

3 quarts, full strength

Last edited:
I'll never put this stuff in my NSX ever. A friend with a 1996 NSX 5 speed put this in his box.... shifting was smooth as ever but about 2 years later and 15,000 miles the REAR DIFFERENTIAL would LOCK for no reason.

Took it to the ACURA DEALER they replace the transmission fluid with HONDA OEM fluids (tran and diff share same fluid). The rear differential problem with 1/2 fixed. On sharp turns it would lock and make the car jump. He replaced the fluid for the 2nd time with HONDA MTF. It instantly went away. About a month later he drained and fill it again to make sure all the GM stuff was out.

I'm not going to use anything else besides HONDA MTF in my tranny.

I'll never put this stuff in my NSX ever. A friend with a 1996 NSX 5 speed put this in his box.... shifting was smooth as ever but about 2 years later and 15,000 miles the REAR DIFFERENTIAL would LOCK for no reason.

Took it to the ACURA DEALER they replace the transmission fluid with HONDA OEM fluids (tran and diff share same fluid). The rear differential problem with 1/2 fixed. On sharp turns it would lock and make the car jump. He replaced the fluid for the 2nd time with HONDA MTF. It instantly went away. About a month later he drained and fill it again to make sure all the GM stuff was out.

I'm not going to use anything else besides HONDA MTF in my tranny.

Any more long term updates on the GM mixture?

Has anyone else had problems?

I use 2qt gm friction modifier + 1qt gm synchromesh. I've put 15k miles including HPDE days. Works great. Mine is a 5MT with 70k miles. No issues with my factory diff.

Back