• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini Gallardo Insights

I will never like the look of the GT and I don't care how collectible it is going to be. If I would spend that much money, I want the look and performance. G-car all the way!

The look and performance? Not sure what you mean but a GT runs circles around any Gallardo. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Gallardo, but the GT is a better performance car, plain and simple.

Of course we are talking about limits that 99.9% of people will never see, but.....

The look and performance? Not sure what you mean but a GT runs circles around any Gallardo. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Gallardo, but the GT is a better performance car, plain and simple.

Of course we are talking about limits that 99.9% of people will never see, but.....

Let me re-phrase: If I spend that much of the money, I want BOTH the LOOK and the performance. Yet GT has the performance, but not the look. But again the beauty is in the eye of beholder.

I will never like the look of the GT and I don't care how collectible it is going to be. If I would spend that much money, I want the look and performance. G-car all the way!

+1.

Performance cars should be about the latest and greatest in technology, weight savings, power and aerodynamics.

The Ford GT lines just don't look aerodynamic in drag and looks like the amphibious vehicle front end looks like there is alot of lift.....

Let me re-phrase: If I spend that much of the money, I want BOTH the LOOK and the performance. Yet GT has the performance, but not the look. But again the beauty is in the eye of beholder.

Murci > Gallardo and GT.

Esp with the V-12 roar and lambo doors.

... a GT runs circles around any Gallardo. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Gallardo, but the GT is a better performance car, plain and simple.

Stock vs. Stock there's not much in it between the two...no "running circles" either direction. That said, the GT is just a smaller pulley away from running aforementioned circles around a lot of stuff.

Definitely different approaches to the same "problem" though.

Save the $$$ for a Murci.

U've probably hear this from the Murci guys (and other car guys for that matter): Gallardo is a poor man's Lambo.

I don't know about that. It seems that a lot of Murcie owners who actually drive their cars prefer the G. Here's a recent thread about this exact topic-

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51942

The guys that call a G a 'poor man's Lambo' are the same guys that call an NSX a 'poor man's Ferrari'. They're not car enthusiasts. Just douchebags.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

I gotta register in yet another site?!?!??

That sucks. I hate when forums do that. But Lambo-Power is a great forum, so yes, you should register!

I can't tell you how many site's I'm registered on (One of which I'm a Goderator and loved there since I give people more freedom than most moderators.), but I'm concerned with my further dilution of post whoring on this forum.

So, until I have this burning need to procure some raging bull, I'll hold off for now....

So, until I have this burning need to procure some raging bull, I'll hold off for now....

Alright. The OP is debating whether or not to hold out for a Murci instead of a getting a G. Several owners of both chime in. Here's one of the replies.

I may be able to answer your question . In my case , the complete opposite of what you are going through , happened. I fell in love with the Murci LP640 and never looked at the Gallardo(at the time the 560 was not launched). I had also never driven / sat -in either of the cars. After the LP640 came in , I enjoyed it thoroughly for the first few months. Loved every bit of the design , looks , power and sound . Soon after the initial charm had worn out , I started to look at the short-comings , or rather the flaws smacked me in the face. The LP640 was NEVER an easy car to drive . Seats were very uncomfortable and the driving position was off-center (this is coming from a relatively compact 5feet7inch person, not a 6feet plus giant). My car was running trouble free initially but over time certain CEL issues came up. The ground clearance is very low and suspension is very stiff.

In the midst of these issues , the LP560 was launched and a couple of my friends bought the 560. I had the pleasure of extended seat time in the car and also drove the 560 extensively and after driving the car , I immediately knew I had to get it! Agreed that the 560 solved many problems that were faced in the 520 . but the 520 in it self was an awesome car . The 560 / 520 are relatively ,much more comfortable and practical than the Murci/LP640. You can get nearly , if not the same , excitement from the Gallardo ,that you would from a Murci, at a lesser price and with much more drive-ability.

Although the Murci is a great looking car and sounds awesome , I would not say it is the best lamborghini to own. The Gallardo on the other hand , is. I would still recommend you get seat time / test drive both the cars to be sure of what you like , but I can say from personal experience of driving/owning both the improved murci(LP640) and the improved Gallardo(LP560) , that the Gallardo was always and will be always the better choice if you wish to drive the car a lot. If it is a matter of keeping it in the garage and taking it out once or twice in a week , then the Murci is a right choice.

If that's the case I'll keep the NSX.

I really don't like the Toyota Celica look of the Gallardo and it's short ass.

Rear-mid engine cars need to have a longer ass to make sure people know where the engine is. NSX does a good job as well as a few others like Zonda, Murci, Diablo, etc.

I like the Lambo flushed windshield to hood looks which helps address where the engine sits, but I'm an ass man and that includes both women and cars needing to have both.

gallardo to me is too much of a white collar flat ass-mobili.....

I was going to buy a GT and would have before I bought my Gallardo, except I can fit into it, there is no headroom, so if you are not over 6ft, not a good fit..and they have held their value well...being better than a Gallardo? in some cases yes, but 2 different cars..

Got to laugh at some of the responses on here. If you don't want to get attention like a rock star, don't get in a Ford GT. People fall out of there cars/SUV's to take pictures of the GT. I get people pulling U-turns to follow me and talk to me. I do get attention in the NSX, but nowhere near the same level. I have a smaller pulley and a tune on the GT and I'll smoke most Gallardo's, and as for the looks, in my opinion there's no comparison, it's GT all the way. I did consider getting the R8, it's so much better looking than the Lamebo, but just couldn't justify the depreciation it would take compared to the GT. These cars are holding like nobody's business. Similar to the NSX, if you're over 6'2", you're going to have problems fitting, unless you put the Gurney bubble on, or drop the bottom cushion, as many have done. I still get a thrill driving my "underpowered" Honda, the car just has such a perfect balance, and still look forward to driving it, I tell everyone the NSX is like a scalpel, the GT is a GD machete. Choose your weapon carefully!!!

Any new news or updates on your feeling of ownership ? Car looks sinister !!

So far no regrets. I've put a little over 2k miles on it so far. $0 in maintenance. Took it to the dealership to update the software so I could pass emissions. They didn't charge me. If you can handle the attention and can put aside the fear of leaving the car unattended in a parking lot the car is not bad at all as a daily driver.

So far no regrets. I've put a little over 2k miles on it so far. $0 in maintenance. Took it to the dealership to update the software so I could pass emissions. They didn't charge me. If you can handle the attention and can put aside the fear of leaving the car unattended in a parking lot the car is not bad at all as a daily driver.

Dang, man! :eek: Those flames are gonna garner more attention. Sounds wicked. :eek:

Just added an Loc exhaust and Fabspeed test pipes-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msC8kob3hMc

I need a towel....

Just got back from Daytona for an event where Valentino spent most of the day flogging a newer Superleggera. Only ever had to stop to change tires and get gas. I'm glad your ownership experience has been painless so far, I'll admit I'm following along here as I'd like to own one myself in a few years.

Back