• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini/NSX owner

I think you guys sum it up by saying to each his own! We all have individual tastes, that's life. The people who spend time bashing others cars, bikes, women, etc. have too much time on their hands and need to get on with more meaningful things.
I have a number of friends with various Ferraris and though they are awesome cars, I really never lusted after one.
I'm on my 3rd NSX (see pic) and an 04 Lambo Gallardo and though I get alot of attention with the NSX, I get 10X or more with the G!!! I can't go anywhere without someone asking about the car, want to take a picture or video or even go for a ride!
I love both cars, but the NSX is a keeper for ever unless , Honda comes out with a new model in the same Imola color.
Best regards to all.
George

There are so many things I love about the Gallardo; I wouldnt even know where to begin.

I kinda like the Bulls more since Audi started driving the bus, in all honesty.

Brought a sense of practicality and trust to a name associated with unadulterated lust. That almost rhymes!

Yup the Gallardo is what the 02-05 NSX should have been. Sharp looking car the gallardo is.

Hey George, long time no talk. You really helped me when I was looking for an 05 NSX a while back. The gallardo is sweet. Just don't roll it over... ever...

so what percentage of people you meet pronounce Gallardo correctly? I can't tell you how many people I knew in the 80's that used to say "Lamborghini Count-Tach".

Im a big fan of mega exotics but I tell ya the truth, id happily take a 360 or 430 over a Gallardo. Although I do kind of like the reliability aspect or the Gallardo now the audi in control. I could only imagine driving and maintaining a Diablo or Countach or any other 90's Italian sports cars for that matter. I guess thats why im a big honda fan.

If anything I would imagine, with audi's participation, the gallardo is probably more-reliable than the F430/360... it's unfair to compare maintenance of an older model, eg the countach, produced until 1989, with a car like the 360 modena, which is far newer - a better comparison might be comparing a countach with an early testarossa, which is a situation where neither mfgr really wins ;)

The current crop of exotics are certainly much more-suited to the task of being driven than their predecessors, perhaps in some small part as a result of the nsx.

I have heard from a few people that the gallardo has not been as reliable as many have lead to believe. I personally have no experince with one.
Personally I think they are gorgeous and I would love to own one.

How has yours been?

I agree, the gallardo is a beautiful car, I think more so than its bigger brother. There is one minor thing I don't like about it though. A lambo really isn't a lambo if the doors don't go up :biggrin:

yeah i'm more of a Murcielago fan. the tail lights for the gallardo really doesn't do it for me. also the gallardo lost the famous pop up doors, i mean its almost not a lambo without it, with the only exception being the Miura.

First Lambo I've seen in red and I don't like the color. Yellow looks much better IMO. But nice car anyway.

I thought that one day when I get to shop for my next exotic, it would be an Espirit or 355, but this thread got to thinking maybe it should be a G? Reliability would be a major concern.

My dream car is an esprit, but reliability on those is a nightmare. The new one coming out looks like it should be pretty nice though.

I prefer the 5000s countach and am debating whether or not I could stomach the repairs. Fortunately I can not find any for sale in CA (hate the bumpers on the '89).

Back