• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LEDs...hope it's none of you that got ripped off...

I was just cleaning out my subscribed threads when this one caught my eye:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-NSX-Interior-Exterior-LED-Bulbs-for-your-NSX

What pisses me off about that thread is that a fellow NSX owner/prime member seem to be taking advantage of us.

When I had my car, I bought my set from http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/

Quantity: 2
Product: 921-x9 Wedge Base LED bulb $ 1.95 (each)
Options: White 921-W9 1.75

Product: WLED-x6 LED bulb $ 2.79 (each)
Options: Red WLED-R6

Options: Amber WLED-A6

Quantity: 6
Product: 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb $ 1.89 (each)
Options: Cool White 3022-CW4 0.95

Options: Cool White WLED-CW6 0.95

CUSTID: 2987571.8391
INVOICE: 1247091196

SUBTOTAL: 43.08
SHIPPING: 5.00 Letter Post (Estimated)
TOTAL: 48.08

I got the list of which bulbs I needed from this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/122027-Lightbulbs-where-to-buy-and-which-ones

Some of you local guys have met me during a couple of NSX meets and know I'm not a troll. But I had to create this thread to give a heads up after reading this line "We just shipped out 5 sets of these to our Canadian Prime members". I"d like to make an assumption that that seller probably bought the LEDs from superbrightleds then decided to mark them up and sell them for a ridiculous amount of $$$ for his own greed.

What a disgrace.

:mad:

I bought the DRL's for $599 and was sent a link after with the exact ones for $299. I let S4play know about it and said he was sorry and told me he didn't make that much profit. I bitched about it on here and other members said it was my fault for not shopping around. I trusted a vendor on here and got burned. So shame on me. Lesson learned.

I'll admit that I did... I guess you live you learn.

I will also mention that I got the wrong bulb for the foot well. I asked the vendor for help and although they were very responsive, they offered to ship me the correct bulb for another $20 or ship it free if I purchased the DRL (for several hundred dollars).

Now on the plus side, my car hasn't burned to the ground which I read *could* be a problem with those "cheap" bulbs, but it might also be because some of the lights don't always work. LOL

FYI I work for a company that makes LED slide lights that go on escape slides on commercial aircraft. We use superbrightleds as our vendor for our products. They are top quality and i run them in all of my cars. S4play is a smart business man and like i was told shame on me. He can charge whatever her wants for his products. My DRL's are amazing and he told me he would stand behind them if they fail. He was also very responsive and even called me when i told him how upset i was that i paid double what someone else was selling the same product for. Like i said live and learn

Ouch.......I also replaced ALL my LED's in the NSX and my GF's Mazda 6 AND my Miata with the "cheap, probably gonna burn your car to the ground Chinese bulbs" almost 6 months ago. Cost was less than $10 for the NSX (ALL 5 BULBS) and the only burning / smoking the NSX does is coming off the line (kidding). NO problems yet and I don't anticipate any. I'm still convinced that all the LED's being sold come from the same Chinese sweat shop(s)

Can you please post the link to the $299 DRL? TIA

I bought some, from a vendor at a premium when they arrived as i wasnt sure what i was getting, they were the same i had bought for my bmw off ebay for a fraction of the price. :O

Can you please post the link to the $299 DRL? TIA

The place that was selling the DRL for $299 is currently restructuring and their website is down. The place was called tmtuning and you can find lots of complaints on the web about their unhappy customers at the moment. Probably best that you never ordered from them when their site was working.

Back