• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Let do a STOPTECH BBK group buy!!!

Zanardi 0

Suspended
I want to get Stoptech BBK for my NSX(front only)! Anyone else interested ? and will take charge on the negotiation with Stoptech or dealer (I'm cheap)....:D
1. me (front only)

Last edited:
After seeing the brakes on the lambos, mine look wimpy. :(

I guess I would need aftermarket wheels though for a BBK right?

If the price is right, I am in.............

Zanardi 0 said:
I want to get Stoptech BBK for my NSX(front only)! Anyone else interested ? and will take charge on the negotiationb with Stoptech or dealer (I'm cheap)....:D
1. me (front only)

NetViper said:
After seeing the brakes on the lambos, mine look wimpy. :(

I guess I would need aftermarket wheels though for a BBK right?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear you!!!!!! Reason for me to get BBK upgrade is after seeing and playing with Brad's Ferrari 360 Stradale .......

Attachments

• bbks.jpg
    bbks.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 943
List!!!!

1. Zanardi 0 (front only)
2. poohBEAR (front and rear):D
3 DEEBUBB (interest)
4 FuryNSX (maybe):D
5.?

Last edited:
group buy

I can handle the group by for stoptech, I am a distributor.

Re: group buy

speed within reach said:
I can handle the group by for stoptech, I am a distributor.

Lets see some prices please.
Also, do the Stoptech rotors rust out like stock ones or are they coated/plated to prevent rust. I dont want to replace my rusty ones for another set of soon to be rusty ones

Prices

I will work on the prices and have them monday. I will need ten people to be able to offer rock bottom prices.

Re: Re: group buy

deedubb said:
Also, do the Stoptech rotors rust out like stock ones or are they coated/plated to prevent rust. I dont want to replace my rusty ones for another set of soon to be rusty ones

Can anyone answer this for me please?

thanks

Zanardi 0 said:
I want to get Stoptech BBK for my NSX(front only)! Anyone else interested ? and will take charge on the negotiation with Stoptech or dealer (I'm cheap)....:D
1. me (front only)
Will they fit under a 17x8 Work Equip in the front?

-Randy

Re: Re: group buy

deedubb said:
Lets see some prices please.

Yes they will rust, there is no way around it.

Ken

Re: Re: Let do a STOPTECH BBK group buy!!!

FuryNSX said:
Will they fit under a 17x8 Work Equip in the front?

-Randy

----------------------------------------------------------------
Randy, if Allen NSX fit BBK with his HRE ...I don't see why not!
-Aaron

fittment

Stop Tech’s BBK is up there as far as wheel clearance is concerned- and requires more wheel clearance then most of the other BBK’s out there.

To be sure go to their site and get their fitment tool, and print it out and try it on the work wheels.

Last edited:
Re: fittment

speed within reach said:
To be sure go to their [Stoptech's] site and get their fittment tool, and print it out and try it on the work wheels
A few members have found out that the Stoptech template is not as accuarate as it should be. I recall one instance where an owner printed out the template and that it showed how wheels would fit without spacers. Later when the wheels were fitted over the BBK, spacers were required to make them fit. While the paper template is a nice tool, if it shows that your wheels would be close in fitment, I would find another owner with the same wheels who could verify fitment.

BTW, what's up with your post Zanardi 0? I've seen you do that a few times now, where you quote what someone else has said, but don't add anything yourself.

Last edited:
One more and good luck with the buy I'm sure you will love them I sure do. :D

Last edited:
Re: Re: fittment

BTW, what's up with your post Zanardi 0? I've seen you do that a few times now, where you quote what someone else has said, but don't add anything yourself. [/B][/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
OK....KGB..I've been bad!!!! :D

Ps.NSX 3.0 you ST-BBK set up very nice!!!!
I like it!!!

wilwood bbk

I would be elated to do a Stop Tech BBK group buy. It is a good product.

I can offer all three of the standard NSX kits offered by Stop Tech. Slotted rotors, in red or black calipers other colors are extra money and have a 30 day waiting period, also crossed drilled rotors are extra. See the full write-up here for details:

http://www.speedwithinreach.com/~speed/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/000113.html

I will need ten people. With ten people I can potentially offer 20% more off retail if Stop Tech gives me the OK. Some companies do not allow group buys but Stop Tech is usually pretty cool. I have e-mailed the sales manager about the situation and will do the best I can. I will need payment upfront thou via cashier checks preferred, 2% pay-pal fee after we have all 10 people ready to go.

Further, I know for a fact that I can offer a group buy on our SWR Wilwood kit, same thing goes- 10 people and the prices will be incredible!

Since I am the authorized NSX dealer of this kit I can definitely offer this group buy. Their have been two article in the last two months about Wilwood’s BBK- one in import tuner and one in modified magazine, both gave Wilwood great reviews.

Wilwood is really breaking into the import market right now a in a big way. They are the cheapest calipers to rebuild and replacement rotors are also very affordable. Factor X has just done a Wilwood kit install for a customer of mine, and I have asked them to do an independent review on the kit as well so stay tuned.

Also I will contact tan and see if he can do one for me. The Wilwood kits will be much cheaper than the Stop Tech and will get the job done.

So, if there is interest here for the Wilwood kit as well please by all means let’s get a list of people going for that kit as well. I will have the prices for both companies on Monday at the latest.

Best Regards,
Mike Constantinides

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Let do a STOPTECH BBK group buy!!!

Zanardi 0 said:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Randy, if Allen NSX fit BBK with his HRE ...I don't see why not!
-Aaron
That doesn't really help in my situation, since if I recall correctly Allen had a 18/19 inch setup.

-Randy

Re: wilwood bbk

I know that I can offer a group buy of the wilwood kit, same thing 10 people and prices will be incredible. [/B]

YYYYYyyahhh that is the one that TAN has. It looks sweeeet, will it fit SSR Integral A2?

I don't know about everyone, but wilwood is cuter...especially with pink calipers :D

Re: Re: wilwood bbk

PoohBEAR said:
YYYYYyyahhh that is the one that TAN has. It looks sweeeet, will it fit SSR Integral A2?

I don't know about everyone, but wilwood is cuter...especially with pink calipers :D

Hmm.. At a minimum people need to specify which SSR Integral A2 as well as the width and offset of the wheel. It's hard to answer questions without the proper information :(.

Ken

At a minimum people need to specify which SSR Integral A2 as well as the width and offset of the wheel. It's hard to answer questions without the proper information .

I have the Wilwood 4 corner kit, and I also have SSR Integrals that I had hoped to fit over the kit. They do NOT fit under the Integral's I have. Front: 17x7 38 offset, and Rear: 18x9 45 offest.

Originally, Sherwin of the Brake Zone (designer of the kit) guaranteed me that the kit would fit under my Integrals. Much to my dismay, they didn't. I ordered Volk CT-C's from Ben, and those do fit over the Wilwoods. If you need the specifics of my GT-C's, let me know.

wilwood kit

I just worked a deal this morning with my manufacture of the Wilwood kit and so I am passing the savings directly on to my customers. I just can't have NSXes running around on OE brakes.. LOL.. so I am offerings here a group buy on 10 NSX kits for probably the cheapest price you will ever get a quality NSX big brake kit for.

I will still do the Stop Tech group buy detailed above if there is ten people that still want them but I do not see why anyone would want to look back after reading below. I will get a fitment chart made for the Wilwood and all of the technical information the community desires, but I can tell you up front that they are slimmer then either the Brembo or Stop Tech calipers.

http://www.speedwithinreach.com/~speed/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/000013.html

Please note that these prices do not include the bottle of Motul thou.. as you have to cut me some slack ;)

Stage 1 price is $2600 plus local shipping and tax if applicable.
Stage 2 price is $3100 plus local shipping and tax if applicable.

These will go quick so the first ten people to order and pay are the winners. I talked to my manufacturer because of all the publicity Wilwood has been getting for their civic kit and Integra. I want to get these kits into the NSX market and exposed as I firmly believe that even at the straight retail price- for the average enthusiast you cannot get a better kit for the NSX for the buck.

After these 10 kits the prices will go back to retail as by then there will be enough people to spread the word about the quality. If you want one of these kits please start a list on this post of what kit you want and then contact me for payment info.

Good luck to the first ten people. Also people with multiple cars I have Wilwood kits for some of the other imports so why not upgrade everything in your drive way? 240sx, 300z, 350z, S2000, BMW, etc.. just call and inquire about my other specially manufactured Wilwood kits or tell your friends. I will give $10 off on your next purchase at SWR for any Wilwood referrals.

Best Regards,

Mike

Last edited:
Back