• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

I just want to stop in and wish everyone a safe and happy new years. I hope it is a great year for all of you. 2009 ended on a severe downside for me, and I am hoping to make 2010 a good year. Be safe, be prosperous, and remind those close to you how much they mean to you each and every day.

-Aaron

Since the highs are now edging above freezing for the first time in quite a while, I thought I would thaw out this thread with a bit with an update :wink:

We were once again able to snake some Press Preview passes for the NAIAS, so went down to COBO last night.
The thing I was most hoping to check out was the production version of the Lotus Evora, as in some ways I likened it to being the spiritual successor to the NSX. After a through inspection, I can say that as a static display piece it does not advance the game much at all. The trim and finish levels were well below the NSX, and things like the engine cover came off as cheap and flimsy at best. Consistent with the Elise / Exige so no great surprise there.
OK, would I like to run one on a race track, HECK YEAH don't get me wrong.....but again as a static display piece it was a bit of a letdown.
Sure, Erik and Judi are giving me a big thumb's-up in the pictures.....but I can assure you that Judi was thinking "I'll keep my NSX" the whole time :biggrin:

Brian
(Oh, there were 2 Ferrari's there.....a 599XX and a California, so no 458 Italia :frown: )

Attachments

• Evora- Erik 2010 NAIAS.jpg
    Evora- Erik 2010 NAIAS.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Evora- Judi 2010 NAIAS.jpg
    Evora- Judi 2010 NAIAS.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 53
Since the highs are now edging above freezing for the first time in quite a while, I thought I would thaw out this thread with a bit with an update :wink:

We were once again able to snake some Press Preview passes for the NAIAS, so went down to COBO last night.
The thing I was most hoping to check out was the production version of the Lotus Evora, as in some ways I likened it to being the spiritual successor to the NSX. After a through inspection, I can say that as a static display piece it does not advance the game much at all. The trim and finish levels were well below the NSX, and things like the engine cover came off as cheap and flimsy at best. Consistent with the Elise / Exige so no great surprise there.
OK, would I like to run one on a race track, HECK YEAH don't get me wrong.....but again as a static display piece it was a bit of a letdown.
Sure, Erik and Judi are giving me a big thumb's-up in the pictures.....but I can assure you that Judi was thinking "I'll keep my NSX" the whole time :biggrin:

Brian
(Oh, there were 2 Ferrari's there.....a 599XX and a California, so no 458 Italia :frown: )

GAH!

I was there for both days! Had I known...

And where did you see a California? The 599XX was the only Ferrari on display while I was there.

Last edited:
GAH!

I was there for both days! Had I known...

And where did you see a California? The 599XX was the only Ferrari on display while I was there.
It was just to the left of the 599XX (we were there Thursday from 5 to around 8:30pm).

Judi

Just a cold weather bump of this thread, letting people know that the infamous LoveFab turbo NSX has graced the current cover of Import Tuner magazine.
I'll have to look around and pick up a copy, that should warm things up a bit :biggrin:

Brian

Attachments

• April 2010 IMPORT TUNER Magazine cover.jpg
    April 2010 IMPORT TUNER Magazine cover.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 61
Just a cold weather bump of this thread, letting people know that the infamous LoveFab turbo NSX has graced the current cover of Import Tuner magazine.
I'll have to look around and pick up a copy, that should warm things up a bit :biggrin:

Brian

Very cool! When were the pics taken? Looks to be a while ago judging by the decals and gloss paint.

Hi Brian, If I get a chance I'll look for a fresh copy of this here in San Diego/Chula Vista/Oceanside. NEAT!

The shoot was at the end of August boys and girls. They will also have a video up on Import Tuner's website shortly(much better than the magazine article).

The photographers were very professional. The magazine Editors' on the other hand, not so much. I never received a proof of the article to verify content. As a result, huge amounts of mis-information was printed along with various statements that were never made by me. To paraphrase, apparently I, "bought a Salvaged NSX and rescued it for a project car." Far from it actually, the body was pristine with a hurt motor. Anyway, rant over.

I'm grateful for the shoot but no wonder magazines are going the way of landlines... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The shoot was at the end of August boys and girls. They will also have a video up on Import Tuner's website shortly(much better than the magazine article).

The photographers were very professional. The magazine Editors' on the other hand, not so much. I never received a proof of the article to verify content. As a result, huge amounts of mis-information was printed along with various statements that were never made by me. To paraphrase, apparently I, "bought a Salvaged NSX and rescued it for a project car." Far from it actually, the body was pristine with a hurt motor. Anyway, rant over.

I'm grateful for the shoot but no wonder magazines are going the way of landlines... :rolleyes:

I guess the editors weren't familiar with the definition of peninsula....

Editor said:
Hobbies.
Jogging on the beach (of Michigan? - editor), mountain biking, family

....or that fact that, including the UP, that Michigan is surrounded by 4 of the 5 Great Lakes! I take my kids to the beaches of Lake Michigan frequently!

Anyway...

BTW, next time I'm up Petosky way, or heading to the UP, maybe I'll swing over and checkout what LOVEFAB has going on.

Imola went out today for twenty sweet miles... in advance of snowstorm on tap for this evening into Monday. One more day closer to spring :biggrin:

Thinking of a casual get together in late March - no NSX's. Just owners and enthusiasts. I think ExCFive is back home off the slow boat in Alaska. Anyone for suggestions and/or locations?

Imola went out today for twenty sweet miles... in advance of snowstorm on tap for this evening into Monday. One more day closer to spring :biggrin:

Thinking of a casual get together in late March - no NSX's. Just owners and enthusiasts. I think ExCFive is back home off the slow boat in Alaska. Anyone for suggestions and/or locations?

Neal, Bree and I were are the Starbucks in P-town yesterday and saw you drive by! Made me wish mine wasn't on stands. Good you got some miles in before today. Could hear it from inside and it sounded nice!
I might be up for a get together, but I may or may not be out of the country at that point....I'll keep everyone posted......

Neal, Bree and I were are the Starbucks in P-town yesterday and saw you drive by! Made me wish mine wasn't on stands. Good you got some miles in before today. Could hear it from inside and it sounded nice!
I might be up for a get together, but I may or may not be out of the country at that point....I'll keep everyone posted......

Hey thanks, Ryan! This spring maybe you'll stop by and take Imola for a few fly-byes so's I can hear my GTLW from outside it :redface:

Out of the USA? Curiousity elevated.... somewhere really nice I hope?

P S Anyone heard from Nick (nicholas421) ?? :confused:

I'm certainly a bit jealous over a Winter drive in the NSX :biggrin:

Maybe we should have a GTG for locals at CJ's (Compuware Arena in Plymouth) or another such place sporting good food and refreshments???

If it's a just a few folks then we could also host something if you like.........
Brian

Attachments

• Winter Driving Fun.jpg
    Winter Driving Fun.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 35
I'm still alive.
Not only am I toyless at the moment... but I don't have a car at all. I found a gig next to Doc's so I've been making the 1/4 mile commute on foot. I thought about getting a golf cart but my wife says that would be on par with riding a moped on the coolness meter.
Looking forward to nice weather and a new ride.

She really said that? Guess I have to sell my golf cart now!

3701686161_0d109f4fac.jpg

Hi Nick and great to hear from you! Glad you and the missus are O K. And walking to work in and around the Motor City is certainly a novel idea. I reckon you are truly enjoying it after all the travel you have been doing for work.

RJP your golf cart is the deuce! Headlights, multiple cupholders? Stereo w/CD player? Chromes.

Nick I just have to confess to you...... that I'd really love to spend your money $$$. This jewel, relatively unspoiled, just dropped $2 G's in price. I've seen it, along with Cincinnati area Primers Brian (Source), Curtsr (seen it multiple times), and I think a couple others there (cyberNSX?).

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1278317#post1278317

Call me for other details and photo(s) if you have any interest. Otherwise I hope we gather soon for some groceries and gab.

Recently announced dates for a very nice weekend. Great drive(s), fellow NSX owners, scenery, activities, and well organized. Set aside the USA Memorial Day weekend May 28-30 for:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132721

Posted with full permission from the Canadian Embassy :biggrin:

We attended EST FEST last May at Niagara-on-the Lake wine region and had a really nice visit with NSX owners from around Ontario. This May, Blue Mountain Resort area at Collingwood, ONT. Lots to do and see there. From the Motor City, it's Port Huron into Sarnia and then lots of country roads.

Hold it open! :smile:

Hello All:

I'm up for a get together in March as per Neal's suggestion. Regarding Neal's posted link to the Cdn NSX Club's 2010 activities, as a former Torontonian living here in MI, I can vouch for the fact that Niagara on the Lake is a wonderful town with great theatre, restaurants and wineries -- for sure worth a visit. Hope all of you are doing well and surviving winter. Looking forward to meeting you all. Ryan, what size/kind of wheels do you have on your car? They look great.

Jeff
94 Red/Black 5 speed

Ryan, what size/kind of wheels do you have on your car? They look great.

Thanks Jeff,
They are MB Motoring Weapons. 17/18 inch. More info here on offsets and such....
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89729&highlight=weapons

I really like the bronze with the red, I never thought I would like bronze wheels and actually tried to get them in the gunmetal finish, but no one had them in stock, but seems like it happened for a reason.
Can't beat them for the price.

Speaking of wheels, I have some good news :biggrin:

I was able to locate another 18x9" SSR GT1 from hardtopguy here on Prime.
It arrived today, so now I just need to get it powdercoated (satin black) to match the others.

Thanks Jeff, and also to Tim for pointing out the ad :cool:
Brian

Thinking of 28th March Sunday (Palm Sunday) 4 PM or so for a get together, location pretty much west / NW suburban Detroit area. Any thoughts/feedback? Work for you and the missus?

Back