• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

We might need to help our PCA Region hold a TSD Rally one day that weekend (which day has not yet been determined it seems).
The good news is that it's scheduled to end at Karl's Kabin restaurant ( http://www.karlscabin.com/home.asp ) which wouldn't be a bad place for some NSX'ers to also meet :cool:
Will advise more as it becomes known, Neal.

Brian
(HEY- 25 pages and 600+ replies on this monster thread !!!)

Last edited:
I hope you guys have gotten the cars out at least a few times! It's been sunny and 40 since Monday and from the looks of it, Spring has nearly claimed it's grip on March!

Thought I'd drop in and say hi. Cabin fever is loosening it's grip with all the sunshine :biggrin:
Neal has made a few drives, but we're still on dollies in the garage :frown:

Hey, no more 'Tinker' but I like the new user name!
Brian

I hope you guys have gotten the cars out at least a few times! It's been sunny and 40 since Monday and from the looks of it, Spring has nearly claimed it's grip on March!

Thought I'd drop in and say hi. Cabin fever is loosening it's grip with all the sunshine :biggrin:

Cody-

I'm throwing a party at my place May 7-9. You and your wife should stop by.

Its been a long winter. If it snows again, I am going to weep openly. Driveway to the storage garage finally dried up today. I really need to get down there for a drive, I am a little excited about showing off my new exhaust.

I am planning on picking up oil and a filter on my way home tonight and getting mine back on the ground this weekend! With the rain we are getting/going to get, I think the roads are going to be NSX ready next week.

New tires have been purchased, the wheels for the turbo are ready to go (still want to replace the rear rotors though- see my thread in the Owner's section), and we still need to get one rim powdercoated for the red car.

We're getting there :biggrin:
Brian

Thanks for the invite Aaron. However, I've been divorced for almost a year now. Just wanted to clear that up :redface: I'll check the calendar though...

so, um, I should probably check in with you more often...

:redface:

In any case, some friends and I are doing a wine tour that friday, then going to play on the dunes on saturday. We'll be stopping at some local joints for good food, and closing down a bar each night (Short's in Bellaire on friday, Right Brain on Saturday). It would be great if you could stop by for a bit.

That invite goes to everyone else too. If you want to get together, drop me a PM. It would be great to see you guys again...

Last edited:
Well, changed the Mobil 1 and put in a new filter (from Napa again, identical to the tall OEM filters that no longer exist). A little under engine clean up and she's back on the ground! I always forget just how low it is when its up on stands.

Once it dries up this week, I'll give her a nice bath and get to put the first miles of the season on!

Hi Guys & Gals(Judy!)

Well..... home fresh from Alaska and as per my addiction a new car....may I present to you RED! Can't wait to wind her up during one of our drives!

Attachments

• v8v quarter.jpg
    v8v quarter.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 39
  • v8v front.jpg
    v8v front.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi Guys & Gals(Judy!)

Well..... home fresh from Alaska and as per my addiction a new car....may I present to you RED! Can't wait to wind her up during one of our drives!

So much for the contract the wife made you sign about no new cars lol

Aston Martin DBS or Vantage??

So much for the contract the wife made you sign about no new cars lol

Aston Martin DBS or Vantage??
Whoa dude, or is it perhaps a DB9 ???

BRING IT :biggrin:
Brian & Judi

Hi Guys & Gals(Judy!)

DANG that's sharp!
Please tell us you put your beautiful wife into that awesome white P911Turbo after deciding to keep it!?!?
You are somethin' else, man. :wink:

Thanks for the replies! It's a 2009 Vantage....Neal, I tried to get her to keep the Turbo for herself but she loves her Audi and not enough room or $$ for me to keep it so.....This one is special though and it may be around for a couple years:wink:

Just TOO pretty. Love the look of the the Aston. Hope to see everyone there.

Thanks for the replies! It's a 2009 Vantage....Neal, I tried to get her to keep the Turbo for herself but she loves her Audi and not enough room or $$ for me to keep it so.....This one is special though and it may be around for a couple years:wink:

LOL You said that with the last one!

Thinking of 28th March Sunday (Palm Sunday) 4 PM or so for a get together, location pretty much west / NW suburban Detroit area. Any thoughts/feedback? Work for you and the missus?
OK Neal, our potential conflict with this date no longer exists, so we're IN.

Brian

Think you'll have one/both of the cars up and ready by then Brian?
I think this is the earliest I've had mine ready to go for the year. Planning on driving it into work this week.
I can't promise either NSX will be ready, but the S2000 sure could be :wink:
Know any good local shop that can powdercoat a 18" wheel (my former source is gone) ???

Brian

I can't promise either NSX will be ready, but the S2000 sure could be :wink:
Know any good local shop that can powdercoat a 18" wheel (my former source is gone) ???

Brian

The place I use for the diffusers seems to be good. I've always been happy with their work.
www.exoticcoatings.com
30708 Beverly Road
Romulus, MI 48174-2056
(734) 595-4674

Think you'll have one/both of the cars up and ready by then Brian?
I think this is the earliest I've had mine ready to go for the year. Planning on driving it into work this week.

Sounds like you landed a job Ryan? Good to hear and the blue car looks to coming out of hibernation this week and I am looking to put my rims back on as well. Tired of Winter.........

Sounds like you landed a job Ryan? Good to hear and the blue car looks to coming out of hibernation this week and I am looking to put my rims back on as well. Tired of Winter.........

Well, temporarily...crazy enough I am back at the Blue Oval right now doing some contract work....there is a possibility that it could become a little more long term, but we'll see. Just happy to be busy for the time being though.
Bree also started a great new job last week. 2010 so far is really turning things around for us.
If this weather keeps getting better, I'll have to give you guys a buzz and get your expert help with claying/polishing the NSX. It's 19 year old paint could use a good once over. Hope all is well.

Well, temporarily...crazy enough I am back at the Blue Oval right now doing some contract work....there is a possibility that it could become a little more long term, but we'll see. Just happy to be busy for the time being though.
Bree also started a great new job last week. 2010 so far is really turning things around for us.
If this weather keeps getting better, I'll have to give you guys a buzz and get your expert help with claying/polishing the NSX. It's 19 year old paint could use a good once over. Hope all is well.

Great to hear Ryan glad to 2010 is headed in the right direction. Anytime you want this year LMK and we can polish up that red car for ya!

Back