• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Sunday is the Eyes On Design Show at the Edsel Ford Estate! Lingenfelter will have some of his cars there.

Chris
True, the EoD show is fantastic.
If anyone hasn't been you should check it out, cool cars in a great setting.
There will be a Shelby tribute, that will even include some of the Shelby Dodges (no Shelby Can-Am's though, we couldn't locate one in time).

I still think we'll be at Baker's on Sunday though :wink:
Brian

...By the way, does anyone know who bought the NSX for $2300 here in MI:eek:, that's right, $2300.

Holy smokes! Was it in one piece?

Sunday is "Eyes On Design."

Holy smokes! Was it in one piece?

Sunday is "Eyes On Design."

No engine or transmission, 60 K miles, original owner. Under 10 K with engine and trans per Source 1

Gentlemen.... west Michigan checking in here. There's a blk '96 in Redford that I was wondering if someone could go check out.

http://internationalautocenter.com/newandusedcars.aspx?MakeID=8
JH4NA1182TT000032

Being so close geographically could be a treat for me if the vehicle checks out. I don't expect for it to be immaculate and there will be many things I will end up changing, such as the worn out seats. But I would REALLY appreciate it if a fellow NSXprimer could check it out. Then depending on the results, I would drive 115 miles to go see it next weekend as I can't make it this weekend.

Last edited:
Let me know if you need a set of eyes, I'm like 20 minutes away. I've been to that dealer in the past; he likes his exotics (I think he owns a 996 Turbo which was inside when I was there). But a lot of their cars seemed rough to me, including the unit I looked at for my daughter (we passed).

P.S. But I think you can't compare his main line cars to the exotics. Those I believe he hand picks, drives for a while, and turns them.

Last edited:
I still think we'll be at Baker's on Sunday though :wink:
Brian

I think we're going to go there or nearby for lunch and to see the metal in the parking lot :).

I think we're going to go there or nearby for lunch and to see the metal in the parking lot :).
By all means eat there, Baker's is known for its good food too!

We haven't driven the purple beast since the initial Copper Canyon event, so it's due for a leg stretching :biggrin:

Brian

I also need to share some pics from last night, we really hit the jackpot with cars you don't see in the US. The quality isn't very good because it was dark, but it's ok. Check it out!

Chris

By all means eat there, Baker's is known for its good food too!

We haven't driven the purple beast since the initial Copper Canyon event, so it's due for a leg stretching :biggrin:

Brian

Are you bringing out your boosted NSX?

Are you bringing out your boosted NSX?
Yes, 'purple beast' = LoveFab NSX :wink:

We usually get there around 2pm, so have a nice lunch and watch the cars as they cruise into the show. Chris Baker stands in the middle of the driveway and hands out Cruise Cards (get one, it's good for 10% off merchandise and food) and free raffle tickets for goodies.
We'll try and park in the main lot adjacent to the restaurant, but if it's as nice a day as predicted....it might already be full.
No biggie, the place can handle zillions of cars within the complex.

Hey Rockstar, where did you get those pictures, Motor Muster at Greenfield Village, or ???
(Oh, and no word whatsoever from Steve or Jim about Copper Canyon's ongoing viability)

Brian

Last edited:
Gentlemen.... west Michigan checking in here. There's a blk '96 in Redford that I was wondering if someone could go check out.

JH4NA1182TT000032

Being so close geographically could be a treat for me if the vehicle checks out. I don't expect for it to be immaculate and there will be many things I will end up changing, such as the worn out seats. But I would REALLY appreciate it if a fellow NSXprimer could check it out. Then depending on the results, I would drive 115 miles to go see it next weekend as I can't make it this weekend.

I just ran into someone who has seen the car; he says it is very clean. I'll try to get up there Tuesday...

So, the rain didn't let up until too late to make it over to Bakers today. However, we did get our car fix once the weather broke and the sun dried the roads. I snapped some pics of today's plaything.

In a word, TORQUE!

IMAG0454sm.jpg

IMAG0457sm.jpg

IMAG0459sm.jpg

IMAG0465sm.jpg

IMAG0469sm.jpg

Holy wide CF door sill, Batman!
IMAG0476sm.jpg

IMAG0481sm.jpg

IMAG0484sm.jpg

IMAG0487sm.jpg

This is one fun car. Better range than expected, and gobs of acceleration. The regenerative braking is aggressive enough that you don't need to touch the brakes much in normal driving.

Always liked these! Neat ride....

Cauley is having an open track day tomorrow, does anyone know if they allow spectators there? I figured I'd ask the board where most of the flaggers are.

Chris

Shane, sorry we missed meeting you at Bakers (darned thunderstorms)!

Chris, generally those private rental days are closed to spectators.......but you might be able to Flag it if Lynn needs another person on the turns (drop her an email).

Brian

Hello,
I don’t know how many of you remember me because I have never been a frequent poster, but I have met some of you over the years.

Anyway, I have recently relocated from Granger, IN to South Lyon, MI. I sold my 1991 NSX after 6+ years of ownership a little over a year ago and am currently between cars. I ran into alum04org (great guy and beautiful car) at Backers a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed catching up with some local NSX'ers and other car enthusiasts at CJ’s on Wednesday’s. I should be back into a sports car next summer and right now it is most likely going to be a 911. I know this is an NSX forum so don’t hate me but I really want a sports car with 4 seats.

So, I look forward to meeting more of you guys and don't hesitate to message me if you want to inform me of any meets going on.

Bob

Hey Bob, glad that you're back after a couple years of no posts!

No 911 hate here, fun cars are fun cars....and since now that some of us have met your need(s) for back seats it makes perfect sense.

Brian

Definitely good to get caught back up with you Bob. Like Brian said, fun cars are just that.....fun. We love all sports cars, and a back seat is a definite plus with your girls.

Judi

JH4NA1182TT000032

There is low mileage NSX listed on Craigslist in Lansing. By the way, I personally would stay away from the 95 and 96. If you want a targa, would recommend 97+ or if a hardtop is OK, then 91-94.

There is low mileage NSX listed on Craigslist in Lansing. By the way, I personally would stay away from the 95 and 96. If you want a targa, would recommend 97+ or if a hardtop is OK, then 91-94.

hey now...don't be dissing on my 96:tongue: Ok I'm returning to my NE region.....gotta go...............:wink:

Back