• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Public service announcement:

CJ's is closed tomorrow for the fourth holiday - so no "Hump Day" gathering.

Happy 4th Holiday to all!

Happy 4th Hump to all! It was great seeing everyone this morning!

Brian and Judi gave me the opportunity to give my new GoPro mic its first proper test, and the sound quality was excellent! GoPro cameras sound AWFUL if you use the internal mic, and this is what I've been looking for for a while now.

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ascaQxn9FMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I felt the same way. But then I moved to San Diego and there were a few running around that I would see on a regular basis. :eek:

Nick

RE: This Sunday, 8th July. Temp forecasted 86F w/a 20% chance of showers. Three car enthusiast gatherings that I know of, and with a little bit of motivation I -may- just make them all. Here we go -

Toledo Cars-N-Coffee 9a-1130a
Krazy Curtis Car Show (5th annual, the funkiest backyard car show in neighborhood suburbia - Livonia, MI) 11a-5p rain or shine
Baker's of Milford, MI (later in the day)

I know our flagging and communications contingent is busy working the SCCA double race event out west at Gingerman Raceway.

Any appetite for a Toledo run? PM for Krazy Curtis info if you wish.

There's also a car show on Saturday (July 7th) from noon to 4pm at parking lot of Comerica Park. There will be some cars from the GM Heritage Center, as well as some cars that will be featured at the Concours d'elegance this month.

Chris

boredom aftermath

dsc0899t.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone going to Gingerman's this weekend?

Check the Chicago area "starved rock brunch and drive" thread. Last page should talk about how a couple of guys are going to Gingerman this weekend.

Check the Chicago area "starved rock brunch and drive" thread. Last page should talk about how a couple of guys are going to Gingerman this weekend.

Looking to see if an get a ride there since I will be picking up my car. See you there.

Red NSX today southbound US-23 between Brighton and Ann Arbor. Had the OEM antenna up, all else blocked from view by guardrail - approx. 11 am.

We also missed the Rolling Sculpture show. Maybe next year.

Judi

How was the Rolling Sculpture show? I missed that one.

Chris

It was very nice, and hot! Humid. Attendance seemed up to par, the show missed NSX presence. Also better organized than last year.

2012JuneandJulypics070.jpg

Exhaust through bumperettes:

2012JuneandJulypics073.jpg

Let's take a vacation! :smile: :smile:

2012JuneandJulypics066.jpg

Merz SL's, believe the red one showed here last summer:

2012JuneandJulypics068.jpg

2012JuneandJulypics067.jpg

Jim and Teresa Hawrys' Ford showed soooo well! :eek:
It was surrounded by car fans all evening! Still miss your Zanardi, Jim.

2012JuneandJulypics075.jpg

And one last snapper - had ITB's:

2012JuneandJulypics065.jpg

Anyone hitting the telegraph cruise tomorrow? Gonna try to get out there, but not sure exactly when.

Weather looks perfect. I'm likely going to hit it for a lap around 2 PM (N to S then back N) and proceed up Telegraph Road to Pontiac and Waterford Hills Race venue for the remainder of the afternoon Vintage Races.
I'll be on lookout for you, and Patrick. PM or phone if you want to meet up.

Hit Telegraph Road SB from I-96 at 315 pm. What a beautiful Michigan summer day! :biggrin:

DSC01506.jpg

Made a new friend. Driver of a Studebaker Hawk. 289 Studebaker V-8, manual with overdrive. The crowd at 315 - 415 pm was pretty sedate.

DSC01508.jpg

Wandered on up Nort to Waterford Hills Road Race for the Vintage Races. The last race featured a bunch of Corvettes, GM products, a yellow Mustang, and one silver BMW M3 that had a screamin' exhaust. It was fun to watch.

DSC01509.jpg

Put some meaningful miles on the Imola NSX, T roof off, and as always it never disappoints. :smile:

I did a lap of telegraph too at around 2-3ish. Most of the action was south of 94. Some pretty mean American muscle running around.
On the other end of the automotive spectrum....we are going to try to hit the Concours in Plymouth here in a couple hours. Looking forward to it!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forums, but I have always been a fan of the NSX. I am now at the point where I can afford a NSX, and after doing a lot of research I am seriously considering buying one. There is just one problem, I have never sat in one let alone ridden in one. So what I was hoping that someone locally would be welling meet with me, chat about owing an NSX, let me sit in theirs, and possibly take me for a ride. We could meet in a location of your choosing.
Let me know if anyone would be interested in this.

I am located near Lapeer MI

Thanks
Mike

Hi everyone, I am new to the forums, but I have always been a fan of the NSX. I am now at the point where I can afford a NSX, and after doing a lot of research I am seriously considering buying one. There is just one problem, I have never sat in one let alone ridden in one. So what I was hoping that someone locally would be welling meet with me, chat about owing an NSX, let me sit in theirs, and possibly take me for a ride. We could meet in a location of your choosing.
Let me know if anyone would be interested in this.

I am located near Lapeer MI

Thanks
Mike
Welcome, Mike!

There is a meet coming up next Sunday, the Toledo Cars & Coffee that a few locals are looking at hitting.
There should be a couple NSX's in that crowd, if you could meet up somewhere before heading down that might have an empty seat available.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=141653462#post141653462

If not, we might hit Baker's in Milford on Sunday afternoon if the weather remains decent;

http://www.bakersofmilford.com/1/252/cruisin.asp

Brian

Back