• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

I see we are losing one of our Westsiders, Energytrader in G.R. sold his 95 Green/Tan on Here it looks like. I wonder what he's gonna replace it with ????? Teej any ideas ?????

Last edited:
Hey there Gino hope all is well. I used to visit Autorama every couple of years. Not much anymore.
In June we should show at the Monday evening Belleville car gathering sponsored by Bayou Grill. The American Iron pilots need some engineering
examples.

You got it! That's literally 3 minutes from my house. Most of those cars are rods and muscle cars aren't they?

I was there once years ago on a weekend.... didn't know they had a car show! How many rides get out there?

You got it! That's literally 3 minutes from my house. Most of those cars are rods and muscle cars aren't they?

Yea, Buddy. Why I called them American Iron pilots. Nothing wrong with that. :smile: So your reply made me toddle over to my records.
Washed Imola Orange 6-1-13 Sat. Took LBBP to Belleville 6-3 Monday for the first Bayou show of the summer. Had not been there before. Hung around and at 5:00 PM and directly thereafter, the sponsors/volunteers blocked off Main Street and the carscape switched. People N and S bound on Belleville Road/Main Street musta been p*ssed! Well, caught a pkg space, set it up, and went into the Bayou for 1st time. Had a real nice time, and left early. At 530-545p nice cars were already parking on the adjacent side streets. {Note to self: Get There Early!}

I was there once years ago on a weekend.... didn't know they had a car show! How many rides get out there?

Lotsa USA iron, rods, muscle, couple of rat rides. Some real nice, original Ford and GM specimens. New Mopars. Some P/U trucks. Some older stuff. All good. Mondays June through end of August 4:45 PM til -?.

Thx! You keep some detailed records!!

By the way, I broke down... fired up the car and took it out today....just for a ride thru the sub. Forgot how low and how quick and how fun it is to drive the NSX. Hurry up spring!

First cars and coffee tomorrow at Kart to Kart in Sterling Heights. Will be there after picking up car at Suburban Audi in Farmington Hills around 8

The Lingenfelter Collection open house is April 26th from 10am - 3pm. Admission is free but donations are welcome. There's always a fund raiser there

The first inaugural Lingenfelter Cars&Coffee will be Saturday May 3rd from 8am - 10am at their engine build building..north building. Exact address I dont know but its somewhere over there by the actual Lingenfelter place.... I think.

Wixom, MI

Bleak. Stayed for around an hour and then went and picked up RC 4x4 for my kids as a surprise.

The Lingenfelter Collection open house is April 26th from 10am - 3pm. Admission is free but donations are welcome. There's always a fund raiser there

The first inaugural Lingenfelter Cars&Coffee will be Saturday May 3rd from 8am - 10am at their engine build building..north building. Exact address I dont know but its somewhere over there by the actual Lingenfelter place.... I think.

Wixom, MI

That conflicts with the Waterford Hills Race #1 weekend, but WE WILL attend at least one of those Lingenfelter C&C's during the season..........you can bet on that ;^D

Brian

That conflicts with the Waterford Hills Race #1 weekend, but WE WILL attend at least one of those Lingenfelter C&C's during the season..........you can bet on that ;^D

Brian

Ah yes, Waterford Hills your first love. :) I believe the first C&C could be the biggest, but its Lingenfelter so all of them could be huge. It's 2 hours one way for me so I most likely will only be attending the first one, assuming my car is ready by then. The open house event on the 26th is going to be really big too. Since you live so close I would imagine you have already been to Lingenfelter but if not, it's a pretty amazing collection of vehicles they have over there.

Ah yes, Waterford Hills your first love. :) I believe the first C&C could be the biggest, but its Lingenfelter so all of them could be huge. It's 2 hours one way for me so I most likely will only be attending the first one, assuming my car is ready by then. The open house event on the 26th is going to be really big too. Since you live so close I would imagine you have already been to Lingenfelter but if not, it's a pretty amazing collection of vehicles they have over there.
It's nice that you get me ;-P

Yes, been to Lingenfelter several times now.......but since the collection is constantly changing always look forward to my next chance to visit the awesomeness!

Brian

I need to get you those interior components. I do need to buy you a new center speaker piece though because I accidentally snapped the bottom front screw retention tab off when I tripped over it in the basement a month ago. :mad:

I need to get you those interior components. I do need to buy you a new center speaker piece though because I accidentally snapped the bottom front screw retention tab off when I tripped over it in the basement a month ago. :mad:
I wouldn't worry about that, you just made it lighter for me!

Brian

The C&C isn't at the collection but rather the "Engine Build Facility"

Lingenfelter Cars & Coffee - Open to the Public (May 3rd - Sept 20, 2014)

Kick off Saturday May 3rd, 2014
8am -10am

Lingenfelter Performance Engineering - North
47451 Avante Dr
Wixom, MI 48393

96/Beck Rd exit

A place to take your ride, share stories and see some amazing cars.

We will also be accepting donations for Gleaners Food Bank every Saturday.

I wouldn't worry about that, you just made it lighter for me!

Brian

Yeah, just what you need, more power/weight. :p

We will most likely be at the first one and maybe some more as well. The blue car came out the other day with some new shoes and is ready to go after this loooong winter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 83
got the chance to meet Shawn today down in Tampa... great guy with a nice NSX shop setup!

Q: looking for a stock engine cover... can be in rough shape... anyone got one?

OK, finally some progress in the garage to report.

I got the red and silver cars off the dollies and out of 'storage' mode, so now have plenty of room to get going on the purple car's engine install.
As you can see, there was still a bit of snow on the slope of the hill along the driveway, but as of Sunday it's finally all gone!
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/64953781@N05/13847320574/player/" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Mike came over and we evaluated the taskline, and even got started on the flywheel install (um, until we realized neither of us had the 12-point sockets handy needed to torque those bolts ;-)
There was a small amount of rust on the flywheel and pressure plate faces, so I gave them a light resurfacing.
One surprise is that my assumption that due to the hefty clutch pressure required that we were running a RPS Single-disc setup, but it's actually a twin!

Maybe I can talk Ryan into swinging by as an adviser on the coolant hose replacement, bribes happily offered ;-P

Brian

Sounds like mine is heading north tomorrow. We'll see whose is running first.

At the open track day yesterday, I can't remember who I was talking to, but they saw the big LoveFab trailer heading southbound on US-23. Cody on his way to pick up your car? I have to believe that was the case.
Thanks for the offer of help with the coolant hoses. It will help cut down the time required to attach them all, and especially so since the motor is out of the car. :smile:

Judi

Back