• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Glad it worked out, Neal. Thanks for your willingness to help. They really were looking for a heavy, late-model car like yours to measure instead of a featherweight like mine :wink:
Yeah, they weigh a LOT less with the drivetrain out ;-P

Brian
(ask me how I know ;-)

Good to see that my car is certainly not hibernating up north and getting a good workout.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cbl_HGL4tjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

65 rwhp gain from when it showed up a month ago. 2014 will be fun.

Even though red is my least preferred color on this car, I'll say with the subtle mods you've added, your car looks gorgeous. What wheels are on her? Also, what is that popping/cracking sound at 1:27?

Even though red is my least preferred color on this car, I'll say with the subtle mods you've added, your car looks gorgeous. What wheels are on her? Also, what is that popping/cracking sound at 1:27?

Thanks. The wheels are MB Motoring Weapons. They were crazy cheap but everyone thinks they are Volks :)
The popping is the excess fuel/meth burning off.......as seen here from an earlier dyno session....

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/9623501742/player/2a43496aec" height="532" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Many latest pics of the car in my FI build thread here.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/171472-Blodi-s-Lovefab-LF600-Engine-and-Turbo-Build

Car should be home this weekend! :biggrin:

uh oh I hope synth doesn't learn of your volk look a likes...:tongue:

Thanks. The wheels are MB Motoring Weapons. They were crazy cheap but everyone thinks they are Volks :)
The popping is the excess fuel/meth burning off.......as seen here from an earlier dyno session....

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/9623501742/player/2a43496aec" height="532" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Many latest pics of the car in my FI build thread here.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/171472-Blodi-s-Lovefab-LF600-Engine-and-Turbo-Build

Car should be home this weekend! :biggrin:

THAT needs to be chained up or you will no doubt take it on a "Death Run to Toledo." :biggrin:

As of right now I still reside on the west side. My temporary employer in AZ is working on coming back with a better job offer. However I do have an interview next week for a potential next spot in northern CA. In either event, I am preparing right now as if I am not going to move out of state. I will just keep traveling every week.

Ryan, now you just have to wait for the glacier to retreat and after that......the potholes to be filled!

Brian

As of right now I still reside on the west side. My temporary employer in AZ is working on coming back with a better job offer. However I do have an interview next week for a potential next spot in northern CA. In either event, I am preparing right now as if I am not going to move out of state. I will just keep traveling every week.

Glad you & Ivette are stayin close Jhae, we have a whole bunch more Good Times to have together !!!! ;) ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see the Old(Refreshed) Girl back Home Ryan where she belongs. ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
Pulled the gauge cluster and CCU today to send to BrianK for inspection/repair and busted out the Plastidip for a few exposed portions on the rear now with the Downforce GT diffuser. Felt good to do a bit of work on 'er.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12890564484/player/9779a5e379" height="768" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12890560634/player/f4fd74b20d" height="768" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12890206483/player/001b2f8e6e" height="768" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Pulled the gauge cluster and CCU today to send to BrianK for inspection/repair and busted out the Plastidip for a few exposed portions on the rear now with the Downforce GT diffuser. Felt good to do a bit of work on 'er.
If you need a hand removing the 2 circuit boards from the gauge cluster, I'll be happy to help.

Brian

There is an upcoming Lingenfelter Collection Cars&Coffee the first Saturday in May (May 3rd). It will be at the Lingenfelter Collection. I guess they have it every Saturday, I wouldnt know because I'm not driving out there every Saturday.

North Engine Building Facility
Avante DR, Wixom MI 47451

There is an upcoming Lingenfelter Collection Cars&Coffee the first Saturday in May (May 3rd). It will be at the Lingenfelter Collection. I guess they have it every Saturday, I wouldnt know because I'm not driving out there every Saturday.

North Engine Building Facility
Avante DR, Wixom MI 47451

At least it's closer than Toledo Jhae, but I'm with you. ;) I wouldn't mind going there once or twice like going to Bakers, but NOT every Flippen Sat :( This Ligenfelter thing was just put together over the winter at their other location just off I-96 GREAT for the East Side Gang, but not so much for us :( :(

Wofi

I think I got a grip on what a WOFI exhaust is through dialogue today with Brian. :smile: Ryan I cannot wait to check your NSX out. And hear it.

Meanwhile, winter marches on. Always a hockey fan, especially the DETROIT RED WINGS! :biggrin: I/we have heard about the Gordie Howe Hat Trick. You know, a goal, an assist, and a fight.

Got my own Hat Trick the other night here at the "Fishin' Shack" - check this triple out: :eek:

Little rascals. Must be after my fishin' bait.

Autorama, downtown Detroit this weekend...anyone going???

Hey there Gino hope all is well. I used to visit Autorama every couple of years. Not much anymore.
In June we should show at the Monday evening Belleville car gathering sponsored by Bayou Grill. The American Iron pilots need some engineering
examples.

Hey Neal, it was good to hear from you on Friday. Hope we can hook-up soon for that Adult Soda ;)

You, too, Dave :smile: Nice to catch up with things lately and almost passed you on I-96 EB, huh? I would have run my bird-dog as your front door - get you home to Miss Linda early for a change :wink:

wowee, just looked at NSXPrime stats/current activity and it has been a long time since I have observed 500 users onboard:

"There are currently 500 users online. 69 members and 431 guests

Most users ever online was 7,863, 01-02-2008 at 15:30."

Makes me laugh because everyone remembers what happened when there were 7,863 users on line!

Last edited:
...........donkey in the air...........:biggrin:

Back