• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Definitely something wrong. I am getting none of the emails. PM me. I never know what I have for sale. I feel like Juice when he was in the middle of his body kits. I am going to have to have a garage sale one of these days. Looked and I have extra wheels for an M3, R8, NSX, Noble all of which are unused as well as extra sets for the Allroad and 911 with snow tires. I need a vacation to get this sorted. I think that it would be great to have all of the cars on the road as well as the track. Any interest for Mid-Ohio with Chin Motorsports on Memorial Day. Liz and I are planning on attending.

I'm probably in your Spam folder (been using the micro-net email) ;^D

I'm all for a garage sale, so let us know when that's going down!

Brian

Definitely something wrong. I am getting none of the emails. PM me. I never know what I have for sale. I feel like Juice when he was in the middle of his body kits. I am going to have to have a garage sale one of these days. Looked and I have extra wheels for an M3, R8, NSX, Noble all of which are unused as well as extra sets for the Allroad and 911 with snow tires. I need a vacation to get this sorted. I think that it would be great to have all of the cars on the road as well as the track. Any interest for Mid-Ohio with Chin Motorsports on Memorial Day. Liz and I are planning on attending.

I like the idea of a garage sale. I just might have a use for M3 wheels. OEM E46 staggered 18's?

Bob

E46 fit. CSL copies. Used them as snow tire wheels for my E93 M3 but had rear wheel spacers.

I like the idea of a garage sale. I just might have a use for M3 wheels. OEM E46 staggered 18's?

Bob

Cold weather thread bump!

Saw this /Drive Channel video on YouTube about building the R8 V10, and though you guys would enjoy it;

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p5or9wDriCU?list=UU5rBpVgv83gYPZ593XwQUsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian

Thanks Brian, this thread needed a nudge :)
Speaking of /Drive Channel...I've been in contact with the producer of /Tuned.....hoping for something to happen this summer :)
Maybe they want a little purple beast action too?

Thanks Brian, this thread needed a nudge :)
Speaking of /Drive Channel...I've been in contact with the producer of /Tuned.....hoping for something to happen this summer :)
Maybe they want a little purple beast action too?
Hey, we've got at least 4 LoveFab NSX's locally.........maybe a family reunion of sorts?

Can't wait for the glacier to retreat!
Brian

And if they want "stock" Neal, Cindy, Bri/Judi's red car and I will be there!
Best,
Jeff

Certainly can't hurt to throw that out there too for comparo's sake!

I'm def going though some NSX withdrawl right now. Common Spring! Heck, I'd just be happy to have weather above freezing, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen in the next couple weeks. :frown:
Hopefully, my car should be back soon enough and I can at least sit in it and make race car noises. :redface:

Certainly can't hurt to throw that out there too for comparo's sake!

I'm def going though some NSX withdrawl right now. Common Spring! Heck, I'd just be happy to have weather above freezing, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen in the next couple weeks. :frown:
Hopefully, my car should be back soon enough and I can at least sit in it and make race car noises. :redface:

I was able to move beyond race car noises today... actually started the car and let it run for 10 minutes. And thx Brian, the charger worked fine. I now have the trickle charger on like I should have done weeks ago.

I was able to move beyond race car noises today... actually started the car and let it run for 10 minutes. And thx Brian, the charger worked fine. I now have the trickle charger on like I should have done weeks ago.

And our car is happily sitting with the car cover you gave us - can't wait for driving season!
Thanks again for that!
Judi

Good to see that my car is certainly not hibernating up north and getting a good workout.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cbl_HGL4tjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

65 rwhp gain from when it showed up a month ago. 2014 will be fun.

blodi, when does it return home?

blodi, when does it return home?

Pretty soon. It's going to another shop today for an alignment and to get my A/C checked out. Then back to LoveFab for one last piece, then it's ready for delivery. I've been in no rush for it with all this snow. Can't wait to see/hear it in person though....and of course drive it!

UPDATE: Already back from the other shop. Getting oil changed, interior detailed. Delivery this weekend? It's possible.

Pretty sure this is the cleanest this car has ever been in the 8 years I've owned it.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12504143454/player/e1f9e184fb" height="683" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12504143134/player/7873b89e2b" height="683" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/12504143674/player/4ac5c0a326" height="683" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
A little story for the dead of winter -

Bad winter in these parts. The worst winter in years, with record amount of snowfall in one month (January). :frown:

Haven't seen my baby in quite some time. She's sitting on a battery tender and feeling like a mushroom. So along came dave_5 (fellow Michigan Primer) and connected me to C and D staff, Ann Arbor, MI, for some research for a little story they may be doing. They needed an NSX for some calculations.

A covered wagon came this afternoon. Man it stunk trying to run up this ramp into it. Back end kept going sideways. :tongue:

Over to the south side of Ann Arbor to their offices/garage. I will never get tired of admiring the belly of the NSX. Artistry indeed. An opportunity to get under it, inspect it, and size up the tire wear for spring and summer driving. Man the inside of the fronts wears faster.

Got my chicken weighed. The distribution and overall weight (o/a in lower right corner) - gas tank full, car emptied out except OEM floor and trunk mat), GTLW, and spare in place.

Then for a calculation they played with it, and I was getting very nervous right about here - :eek:

Inside the C and D offices I enjoyed this wall art:

A close-up for our viewing pleasure -

It sure was nice to see my NSX outside the garage again :biggrin: With the Michigan roads I think we may have to wait until June for reasonable pothole patching. We should get into the wheel repair business :rolleyes:

I'm glad that worked out Neal, can't wait to see the results in C&D!

Maybe another 6 inches of snow coming today / tonight..............yay :frown:

Brian

That's pretty cool Neal. Any idea what the article is going to be about? You probably can't say if you do.
No more snow! Looking forward to several days though this week above freezing.
Car should be home next week. Would've been today, but another car wasn't ready for pick-up yet.

Glad it worked out, Neal. Thanks for your willingness to help. They really were looking for a heavy, late-model car like yours to measure instead of a featherweight like mine :wink:

Back