• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

More good things happening in the garage over the weekend.

Got the hydrographically printed parts back from MRT, and the CF finish looks absolutely amazing;

https://picasaweb.google.com/102476180198276928653/May132014#6012967167834401746

(MRT also applied a Cerakote finish on the exhaust pipe, in satin aluminum).

http://www.mrt-direct.com/custom-auto-service.html

The clutch is back on the flywheel, the alternator has been mounted.........now the routing of the maze of wiring that is the engine harness is in process.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102476180198276928653/May132014#6012967312454245106

Brian

I need the car by Memorial day since I have a track event at Mid-Ohio. If the 3.5 motor isn't ready, the 3.2 will have to do and I will then be selling the 3.5 motor. That's right, the Comptech 3.5 race motor

It was good seeing Patrick and Ryan, and Judi was indeed able to grab some coffee ......so life is good!

The weather held up just fine, in fact it was nice and sunny by the time we left.

Saw some interesting rides there, and we were trying to talk Patrick into buying the Ice Cream truck ;^D

Brian

restored and light resto-mod Good Humor ice cream truck... could serve as the biggest beer cooler on wheels. Post that pic Brian... worth every penny of the $70k price for the beer cooler capabilities. Ring the bells and come start the party!

^^^ Oh no!

Most consider G'man a relatively safe track to play on, any idea if perhaps something failed to cause the incident......or (?)

Brian

Gingerman is a safe track with plenty of run off room with the exception of turn 11. This area has collected three cars this year according to track workers.

Last edited:
Gingerman is a safe track with plenty of run off room with the exception of turn 11. This area has collected three cars this year according to track workers. Viper, Vette, and now an NSX.

AGREE, Phil....... my favorite because of this factor.

Turn 11 has a tire wall guarding pit-in lane. (Hope I said that correctly). With the extension to the track, the long straight (1700' feet now, along the county road) gets some bigger speeds. Then you'd better have some braking action into turn 11. :redface:

Mike and I got the engine / trans / rear suspension cradle installed last night.....yay!

No more pictures from me though, at least until I can get another external hosting site set up.

The Gallery / Photo sharing system on Prime is utterly maddening, so I give up on it.

[/rant]

Brian

Back from Mid-Ohio. Great track and Chin Motorsports performed a phenomenal event. Lot of NSX people although I was the only NSX on the track. Wei-Shen and Vince were both there as well as Mark and Maria. I had an excellent instructor who new the track as well as the NSX like the back of his hand although he drives a yellow Integra R, who might you ask? That would be our own Ken Sax. Liz burned up her brakes on the Noble right before she was to qualify for Solo. Me, I'm still chasing her. After 20 years you would think that I could catch her but she is always just out of reach. Will shoot to qualify for Solo at XPO although I like having an instructor. Best part, 2 full days at the track and no BLOWN motor in the NSX. By the way, this is a FIRST! Also my first Lovefab motor. Any interest in going to Gingerman this weekend?

Glad to hear the NSX is back on the track! great to hear of another successful LoveFab build. we missed a sweet weekend in Ohio.

I would love to try that track. Unfortunately this weekend is too short notice and I already have plans with our S2000 club. I will keep watching this thread for future track days that I might be able to attend. It's only a 5 hour drive. Easy in an NSX :)

Back