• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Sounds good! We'll be there rain or shine. Meeting at Ryan's house first fyi.

http://weather.unisys.com/forecast.pl?Name=48114&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
sat_sfc_map_loop.gif

centgrtlakes_loop.gif

SUNDAY
HI: 61
MOSTLY CLOUDY...BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY DURING THE AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS 59 TO 63. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.

Looking at the data, Cody, you may stay dry the whole trip ;)

I'll know more later, but dress appropriately lol

In case anyone gets lost trying to find my place:
313-399-5104

I'm not gonna sleep tonight!
:biggrin:

Drove by 13 and Middlebelt and it is a fricken mess. Hope the guys that are headed to your place first make it.

Weather looks iffy now but I think the rain if any is in the morning. Hopefully it holds off.

In case anyone gets lost trying to find my place:
313-399-5104
I'm not gonna sleep tonight!
:biggrin:
Don't worry Ryan, we're taking the baffle out of the turbo car....so you'll have no problem waking up when we arrive ;-P

Brian

Game is ON! :biggrin: Just got cloudy here, radar appears decent (for now).

Let's do it!

Be sure to have at least half a tank of fuel - (51 mile drive planned).

Game is ON! :biggrin: Just got cloudy here, radar appears decent (for now).

Let's do it!

Be sure to have at least half a tank of fuel - (51 mile drive planned).
It's GO TIME, people............we're just about ready to hit the road!

Brian

Had a great time today. It was nice meeting so many other NSX owners. I felt badly that Sara and I could not eat with the rest of you. I really enjoyed the drive and looking forward to the next big get together. Thanks to Neal for organizing this event. It was a blast!! Dan and Sara

Jessica and I had a great time today. Nice to get the chance to be around so many great cars with a lot of great owners. Thanks for the hospitality, for the fun, and for allowing an S2000 owner to tag along :)

So after i stalled my car out 40 mins from home i figured i would try to figure out what was wrong. First thing of course i attempting to take off that corroded postive with a cresent wrench that was way to big i got from the gas station i pushed my car into, no go. Well i looked at the ground and there was a added little thing to quick disconnect the power on it. After toying around and finding not only the ground on the post loose and the other end also loose the little turning thing on it to make it quick disconnect was acting weird. So i wiggled it around and attempted to get them togther as tight as possible and ran in and she started right up!:redface: Next weekend that quick connect is coming off and it will get hooked up the right way. Even tho i almost stranded myself it dosent bother me at all if was a great time. Hopefully next time i wont have to get push started thanks to eveyone that helped.

Hey guys! It was awesome meeting you all! I am happy that I was able to chat with some like minded people and enjoy our love of cars. Thank you all for bringing your fantastic cars, and I also want to thank those of you who let us non owners ride along. Thank you Neal for putting this together, this was a massive success!

I will have a video up soon and I will post the link!!

Chris

Last edited:
So after i stalled my car out 40 mins from home i figured i would try to figure out what was wrong. First thing of course i attempting to take off that corroded postive with a cresent wrench that was way to big i got from the gas station i pushed my car into, no go. Well i looked at the ground and there was a added little thing to quick disconnect the power on it. After toying around and finding not only the ground on the post loose and the other end also loose the little turning thing on it to make it quick disconnect was acting weird. So i wiggled it around and attempted to get them togther as tight as possible and ran in and she started right up!:redface: Next weekend that quick connect is coming off and it will get hooked up the right way. Even tho i almost stranded myself it dosent bother me at all if was a great time. Hopefully next time i wont have to get push started thanks to eveyone that helped.
Aaron, we fully understood your need to skip dinner with the gang to keep the car running. Doesn't it just figure that it was a non-Honda part that brought you all the headaches.
At least you now have the problem properly diagnosed :biggrin:
Thanks for coming from out-of-state to help make our event GREAT!

Brian
(Chris, it was cool meeting you and very much look forward to enjoying your work!)

Attachments

• Baker's 1.jpg
    Baker's 1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Baker's driver's meeting.jpg
    Baker's driver's meeting.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 55
  • CJ's bridge parking.jpg
    CJ's bridge parking.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Cody, Ryan & Bree at CJ's.jpg
    Cody, Ryan & Bree at CJ's.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Had a blast! Thanks to all that came out and especially to those who drove in so far to be a part of this event! 18 NSX's at Bakers makes this officially the largest NSX meet we've ever seen in these parts. Thanks again to Neil for really hammering out the details of the day and making the phone calls to get us the special parking and plotting out the drive. Lets do it again next year!
I'll post some of my pics when I get a chance. Although I am sure Koji, Isaac and Chris will have some really nice stuff!

I echo the sentiments of those who have already posted after yesterday's event. Thank you Neal, Chris and our other photgraphers/videographers and everyone else who put this together and attended. Great to see everyone and so many NSXs in one place. Neal, can I ask you a favor -- I think Mike walked off with your route sheet -- can you or Cindy pdf me a copy of it when you have a chance -- would like to use it for bicycle ride route! Thanks again!

Best,
Jeff

It was great meeting everyone yesterday! We made it back safely. Although, After returning home at 11:30. I still needed to drive 35 min. to pick up our son. Luckily I switched cars to get him. I hit a dear in my truck! Actually it ran into the side of me. I have never hit one til now.
Actually, he hit me:smile:
Thanks again, for the hospitality!
Ryan

I had a great time with everyone yesterday and the day was awesome.It was my first time going out for a cruise with a lot of NSX owners and the others.I hope to see you all again in the future.
Thanks to Neal for organizing.
Howard

It was nice meeting everyone, and thanks for letting me tag along. I'm definitely sold on the NSX. Hopefully the next meet I will have my own. I also want to say thank to Al (Duffer) for letting me ride with him. Now I"m spoiled having my first ride ever in a turbo car...this isn't going to be good for my finances.
Thanks again.
Tim

Here's some pictures from yesterday.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 54
It was nice meeting everyone, and thanks for letting me tag along. I'm definitely sold on the NSX. Hopefully the next meet I will have my own. I also want to say thank to Al (Duffer) for letting me ride with him. Now I"m spoiled having my first ride ever in a turbo car...this isn't going to be good for my finances.
Thanks again.
Tim

Tim-

Happy to give you a hit on the go fast crack pipe. The addiction only lasts a lifetime! :biggrin: I hope next time I see you, you are in a nice NSX ride.

Al

The wife and I had a blast!

Thanks so much to Neal for setting this up and to Ryan for hosting the starting point.

I've started a photo thread in the Gallery here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1353779#post1353779

I have TONS of Hi Def outdoor video and in-car footage from the drive that I will be editing together in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Wow guys! Great turn out there also! We had 16 NSX's and just under 60 cars here!

Not bad turnout for a sunday!

Neil, You and I need to organize to get together and SOON! Imagine 34+NSX's and a bunch of other amazing cars! Somewhere near mid-ohio? Is that about middle ground for everyone? Either way.. Get in touch!

Wow guys! Great turn out there also! We had 16 NSX's and just under 60 cars here!

Not bad turnout for a sunday!

Neil, You and I need to organize to get together and SOON! Imagine 34+NSX's and a bunch of other amazing cars! Somewhere near mid-ohio? Is that about middle ground for everyone? Either way.. Get in touch!
Wow, the mind boggles!
There are some very fun roads in the general area of the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, I recall some good scenic twisties a few years ago at 944Fest.
Maybe an overnight in Mansfield (or ???) might even be fun if it's held on a Saturday..........

Brian

What a great event! A BIG thanks to Neal & Cindy, and the photographers and videographers. It was great to see everyone again and meet some of the new folks. Assume to see so many NSXs in one place. As usual Cody’s LoveFab turbo cars are incredible! Love the Porsche CARRERA GT too!

Thanks for letting a former NSX owner join the fun. I do very much appreciate being a part of the NSX community, and so does #7 GT40 P2188.

Hope to see you all again soon.
Jim

Back