• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mission accomplished........WOW!! Now I know!

Well, I am back from a most successful trip to Florida.

I was picked up at the airport by Dakota in his new Acura MDX which is very spacious and luxuriously appointed. We had corresponded enough via email and the phone that we felt like old friends. Dakota is a very thoughtful person and had left the NSX in the garage after having washed, waxed and detailed it the night before. It was raining and he did not wish me to see the car in anything but the best possible condition. We arrived at his very elegant residence where he warmly introduced me to his mother, his wife and daughter. Then he led me to the garage where the NSX was waiting.

When he had told me that it was a '94 with somewhat over 11k miles, I had imagined seeing a very well kept car that nevertheless would show clear signs of being almost a decade old. I was not ready for the showroom condition car that I beheld. A wonderful deep, almost liquid black in color with black interior and 5spd. The car had almost new tires and was even cleaner inside than it was outside. The first thing that struck me about the NSX's "physique" was the exotic stance. Very low to the ground and the curves and angles much more visible and appreciated in person than in picutures. I had seen NSXs on the road every now and then but never like this. No doubt the NSX looks good in pictures but without doubt it is terrific in "person".

We went for a ride. He drove first and then we sat and had some refreshments in a nearby coffee place with the NSX clearly visible from where we sat. We talked about cars among other things and it appeared that we had many similar interests.

I have owned several sports cars in the past but I had not even driven an NSX before and here I was about to drive it home! Now it was my turn to drive the car and immediately I felt the lack of power steering as I muscled the car out of its parking slot. It became clear quickly that as soon as the car starts moving, the strength required to turn the steering wheel diminishes substantially.

I bid a fond farewell to my new friends and we talked about getting together in the future. Then Dakota said farewell to his beloved car and I was off on my 1200 mile road trip from southern Florida to Houston, TX.

I took I-75 due west and then north. Passed by Tampa and St. Pertersberg and finally hit I-10 late in the day. It rained all day of and off and I was pleased to see that the NSX behaved well in the wet and phenomenally in the dry.

One thing I was not prepared for was the amazing amount of attention that the NSX generates in people on the road. Hardly was there a car the occupants of which did not give my black beauty an admiring glance. At gas stations it was clear that the NSX was quickly noticed. The car has particular talent in attracting the members of the opposite sex. No complaint there.

I drove 1200 miles to Houston, without stopping over and stopping only to get gas (survived on some tasty snacks I had broght with me) in almost exactly 17 hours. I decided not to sleep overnight in some hotel because once I had seen and drived my NSX there was no way I was leaving it out there "alone".

I kept my speed around 80mph which is where most people were driving. Occasionally I would give a quick burst of speed and noticed how much happier the NSX was when it was up and running and the revs were already where they sould be for more than sufficient torque , at least for my purposes. The handling was considerably better than any other sports car I had ever driven.

One thing about the NSX, you do not get bored of looking at it. It is truly an inspired design.

I averaged about 350 miles or slightly higher with every tank although I never let it completely run out for obvious reasons.

I arrived in to my home at 6:30 in the morning, almost 24 hours after I had left the previous day. But now I suddenly had an NSX! My wife was asleep and before waking her up, tired as I was, I washed , dried and waxed the car before waking her up. She loved it at first sight as I knew she would.

As I write this, my black/black NSX is clean, dry and resting comfortably in the garage after the grueling day yesterday. I am completely exhausted and am going to have a good sleep tonight.

The labor of love has been accomplished. I have now driven the NSX and understand the enthusiasm which is due this great sports car. I consider myself lucky to be able to appreciate and own this truly remarkable machine and be part of a group of great people who share a similar interest.

Congratulations...That was the first thing I noticed when I picked mine up two years ago the lack of power steering and the clutch pedal released somewhat higher than I was used to. After about an hour of driving it was no biggie I loved it actually...I believe I saw the picks of the car when it was for sale it looks awesome you got a great looking NSX.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Ah, excellent. I love success stories like this.

I'm glad everything went well!

:cool: :D

WOW! I just hope my NSX purchase will be as smooth and have a seller like yours! Congrats!

I will post some pictures from work tomorrow and

agree with the comment that a good and trustworthy seller can make all the difference between feeling secure and good about your purchase or not.

He was so concerned about my trip back to Texas that he told me to call him if I broke down anywhere for whatever reason and he will come and pick me up no matter where I was. He also called this morning to see that I had gotten home safely and to ask if my wife liked the car.

Please forgive the typographical errors on my post above, and yes I know it is "driven" and not "drived". Sleep and lack thereof can make all the difference.

:)

Very nice story. Glad everything went well for you.
It does attract a lot of attention though doesn't it. I never tire of people asking me about it. :)

Congrats!!! x10000

Congratulations on your purchase. And ditto for your excellent writeup of your drive back home. It's very obvious you're already in love with the car.
If you can, please post some picture in this forum.

Its an amazing love, isnt it? The NSX is a great road car. Its really one of the best GT cars I can think of.

shiftright2, welcome to NSX ownership and welcome back to Houston! We should get together with some of the other Houston guys and go for a drive!!
Congrats!
Z

ps - Seller: Good Job!!

ahhh, the memories....I had a very similar story when I picked up my baby on June 6th...Flew up to Portland and got picked up at the airport by Wil, lucky for me it was a beautiful day and he picked me up in the X....WOW:eek: Love at first sight!!!
and it hasn't worn off yet either, I still enjoy just looking at it, let alone driving it...Within two hours of landing, I was on my way "back to Cali" in my black beauty....One of the first things you notice is the sudden attention you get in it..The double takes, wide eyed kids, hotties smiling at you:D the pit stop conversations with strangers and cars hauling ass to catch up to you just to take a look and give you the thumbs up.....

Thumbs up to you!!! Congrats......Enjoy!!!!

My mistake, I skimmed the ebay ad and saw 11,000 miles and Houston and assumed it was the same car. I guess I'm not much of a detective, although it is somewhatof a coincidence.

Todd

Congratulations!

Great news! Glad to see that the seller was a true fan of the car - seems like he lavished care on it and now you will benefit!

Cheers

James

Back