• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mods for automatic

Originally Posted by Synthesis:
relax man. i think what he meant was why the hell would you buy an automatic nsx? BECAUSE WE CAN DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ?
but, at the same time, he realizes that people buy them over manual for a reason (driving in traffic, don't care for manual in general, etc.)... obviously he didn't want to step on anybody's toes, so he said he was just kidding.
If you don't have anything productive to say keep it your self. And it wasn't funny at all. The joke is so played out.
First people looking at auto mods post are looking for help in info about their tranny not jokes and info from people who never owned a auto nsx. They want to get answer's back from people who have dealt with these issues not from novice home mechanics trying to guess what the hell honda engineers did. No pun intended. SO please if you know and have any usefull info on this topic enlighten us.

why are you letting it get to you? people have still contributed some decent information, and he didn't blatantly disrespect you. it was just a joke. besides.... buy an auto exotic, and you should be prepared for the jokes. (not saying that people should make jokes, but you should know that they're going to).

I guess I do not understand all the grief and or jokes about buying an auto NSX or any car for that matter. People buy what they want. It is a freee country afterall. My Dad's 04 NSX is the only auto around s all the other NSX's that we meet up are manuals and no one has ever said one word about it. They love the color, the rims, whatever but who cares if it is a auto. It's his car and he loves it, thats all that matters.

I buy autos b/c I cannot drive a manual do to a physical problem w/ my lef/foot. I'm sure there are others in the same boat I am. I would even say if I could drive a manual I wouldn't. It seems like a PIA to me but that is my opinion. However, I like my auto sportshift in my car and in the NSX. They are plenty of fun. Paddle shifters would be even better. :wink:

I guess what I'm saying is, lay off the auto jokes as they are not needed. They add nothing to the conversation and they seem to just make people upset. I have enjoyed this thread as we are getting ideas of what my Dad would like to do to his this Summer in terms of engine/exhaust mods.

Drive your manuals and let us drive the autos. Afterall, they are both NSX's and one hell of a fun car to drive. No matter the preference. :biggrin:

I agree with yaynsx. The thread is "mods for automatic". Not "why did I buy an automatic and not a manual". So those that reply with the comparison to the manual shouldn't be replying. I also have an auto and am looking to push the limit of my transmission. Lucky for me that I have Shad (driving ambitions) to point me in the right direction and advice. Never once did the words "sell your auto and get a manual" come out of Shad. He see's a challange and is helping me get there.:biggrin:

it was just a joke. besides.... buy an auto exotic, and you should be prepared for the jokes. ARE YOU AN IDIOT OR SOMETHING?? listen to what you are saying. I can also say if you post on an auto mods post about how manual's are better you should be prepared to put down also.
(not saying that people should make jokes, but you should know that they're going to). EXOTIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN AUTO/manual TRANNY
Plus I don't care what people say (unless you say it to me than I will show you how I feel) but like I told him and you if you don't got anything productive to say go to the off topic and post there.(or the civic forcum :tongue: lol j/k) No one in a auto mods post wants to hear how you feel an exotic car should be.
Don't think like the rest of the sheep, Do what I do. I do what I want when I want. I don't let others tell me what to eat, drive and do
just because rest of the sheep think that's normal or how its suppose to be.

I am going to push the limits of the auto tranny and will keep everyone updated and hopefully set new standards while I am at it. I plan on having a daily driven auto nsx that makes 350 hp and has another 80 hp nitrous shot incase I need it. I have allready done the exhaust/headers/intake. Next is a single turbo or supercharger with intercooler. (this year) I also have a great nitrous kit put together by SNDSOUL (which took his nsx to 12's) that I will add after I get an AEM or another engine mangement for it. Now the tranny I will get with level10 and see what they can do for me.

it was just a joke. besides.... buy an auto exotic, and you should be prepared for the jokes. ARE YOU AN IDIOT OR SOMETHING?? listen to what you are saying. I can also say if you post on an auto mods post about how manual's are better you should be prepared to put down also.
(not saying that people should make jokes, but you should know that they're going to). EXOTIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN AUTO/manual TRANNY
Plus I don't care what people say (unless you say it to me than I will show you how I feel) but like I told him and you if you don't got anything productive to say go to the off topic and post there.(or the civic forcum :tongue: lol j/k) No one in a auto mods post wants to hear how you feel an exotic car should be.
Don't think like the rest of the sheep, Do what I do. I do what I want when I want. I don't let others tell me what to eat, drive and do
just because rest of the sheep think that's normal or how its suppose to be.

wow.... let me guess.... you breached 140/90 a long time ago.

anyway, i have no problem with automatics.... a manual transmission is just another degree of control you have over your car, and it's more efficient. most exotics/sports cars don't even come with an auto, because of that. not saying that they shouldn't have autos - i'd be glad to have the option to have an auto if i needed it.

it looks like you hear what you want to hear too.... if you read what i wrote, you'd see that i have no problem with autos... i'm just trying to calm you down and tell you to relax.

let's face it -if you truly didn't care what anybody thought, you wouldn't have posted to begin with (esp in CAPS)

chill out.

I guess I do not understand all the grief and or jokes about buying an auto NSX or any car for that matter. People buy what they want. It is a freee country afterall. My Dad's 04 NSX is the only auto around s all the other NSX's that we meet up are manuals and no one has ever said one word about it. They love the color, the rims, whatever but who cares if it is a auto. It's his car and he loves it, thats all that matters.

I buy autos b/c I cannot drive a manual do to a physical problem w/ my lef/foot. I'm sure there are others in the same boat I am. I would even say if I could drive a manual I wouldn't. It seems like a PIA to me but that is my opinion. However, I like my auto sportshift in my car and in the NSX. They are plenty of fun. Paddle shifters would be even better. :wink:

I guess what I'm saying is, lay off the auto jokes as they are not needed. They add nothing to the conversation and they seem to just make people upset. I have enjoyed this thread as we are getting ideas of what my Dad would like to do to his this Summer in terms of engine/exhaust mods.

Drive your manuals and let us drive the autos. Afterall, they are both NSX's and one hell of a fun car to drive. No matter the preference. :biggrin:

actually ekin, ours is an auto aswell, but it hasnt been brought to any meets yet, soo i guess you wouldnt have known that anyway

Yaynsx,
Did your car feel different after I/H/E installed? And at what RPM mostly?

REDNSXT Yaynsx,
Did your car feel different after I/H/E installed? And at what RPM mostly?
Sorry I cant be specific on rpm's change since I did it I/H/E soon after I get my nsx. But I will say its a night and day difference to me with I/H/E. It feels like how nsx should of been from factory. I had some friends drive it when I first bought it and than had few of them drive it after some mods. (just to see if it all in my head and no real gains) All of them said man what did you change it feels much better. I will dyno my car soon so I can keep in account of my gains from here on.
yellow-scorpion I was told by Shad that a stand alone engine management wouldn't work but we could us a piggy back management system. I'll talk to him again and confirm.
Please keep us updated on your findings, I wonder if Shad installs nitrous kit made for the nsx? Or can anyone direct a good tuner/installer in the bay area or anywhere in Califronia that will take a nitrous install. I have had it sitting in my garage for a year now. This is the kit I have http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49694

actually ekin, ours is an auto aswell, but it hasnt been brought to any meets yet, soo i guess you wouldnt have known that anyway

I actually saw the auto shifter in a pic you had posted. I could see it through the rear window. :wink:

Originally Posted by btcog82
If I had an A/T, the first mod I would do is...
Trade It! Trade it for a manual
THE FUNNY THING IS NO ONE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD THINKS YOU ARE FUNNY BRO SPECIALLY WHEN YOUR SO CALLED JOKE THING IS ALLREADY BEEN SAID ITS A$$E$ LIKE YOU THAT MAKE IT HARD TO GET ANY SERIOUS QUESTIONS ANSWERED AND INFORMATION BE PUT OUT. LITTLE KIDS LIKE YOU ARE WHY SO MANY PEOPLE DON'T POST ON PRIME ANYMORE GO TO THE CIVIC FORUM AND HAVE YOUR CHEAP LAUGHS.

I'm afraid I must agree; the people posting in this thread are trying to exchange some technical information and don't need any stupid comments from people who obviously don't belong on this site.

I have a 1991 auto NSX with a 4000rpm stall converter and a GT35r turbo setup installed. Just ran 11.5@117mph down the quarter in full street setup. Toyo proxys tyres on 18" fronts and 19" rears and a full tank of fuel.
Car drives like a stocker until I put my foot down. No lag at all and brilliant to drive. Very easy to drive in peak hour traffic. I travel over 1 hour each way to work each day and have no issues at all. Engine fully built and same with gearbox. Car is now fast and reliable. Have had it like this for over 18 months now and thrash it as often as I can lol.

Who said auto's are slow and aren't fun ???????

auto isn't the end of the world. get it built and it makes a world of a difference. still not ideal in terms of a track car, as downshifting and engine braking does not feel natural and you get even less gears, but you can if you want, as its very responsive.... great for a daily driver/ drag car/ canyon cruiser though. just add boost to make up for the power losses of an automatic. i am disabled and until this past year, wasn't able to drive a manual... anyways, i figured what the hell... i needed a toy to keep me entertained and always wanted to build an automatic to see how it feels, so i did. (my 300ZX TT) it feels great and is far more comfortable to drive every day. i personally wanted an NA NSX and it needed to be as fast as possible, so auto was out of the question... but an NSX with a built auto and CTSC would be fun! keep in mind high stall converters build up a lot of heat, so trans coolers are highly recommended... i run one with an electric fan actuated by its own thermostat. heat is the worse enemy... and as such would make tracking the car difficult, but not with my set-up.

When people don't search, you get chastised. When people search and bump, you also get chastised:confused:

I have never seen so much bashing and hatred towards an auto tranny, let alone no comraderie towards our fellow NSX buddy.:frown:

I never knew it was the end of the world to own an auto NSX and seems downright almost "illegal" to own one-sheessh!!!

On MB (God's gift) forums, these guys bash BMW and Lexus. That's understood.
On BMW (also God's gift) forums, these guys bash MB and Lexus-understandable also.

But on Prime, nsx owners bash the automatics never embracing the idea at all. Talk about a superiority complex.:rolleyes:

When people don't search, you get chastised. When people search and bump, you also get chastised:confused:

I have never seen so much bashing and hatred towards an auto tranny, let alone no comraderie towards our fellow NSX buddy.:frown:

I never knew it was the end of the world to own an auto NSX and seems downright almost "illegal" to own one-sheessh!!!

On MB (God's gift) forums, these guys bash BMW and Lexus. That's understood.
On BMW (also God's gift) forums, these guys bash MB and Lexus-understandable also.

But on Prime, nsx owners bash the automatics never embracing the idea at all. Talk about a superiority complex.:rolleyes:

Agreed. There's alot of snooty folks on Prime. Most of them are from the East Coast where there are many "traditionalists and elitists".

I address the folks around my coast with a weaponized NSX (SOS SC and all sorts of mods)

I got an auto because my wife has never learned to drive a manual and trying to change that issue could lead to divorce :) I had a Porsche carrera before the NSX and she told me my next car had to be an auto. I've had my NSX now since 2000 (it is a 98) and I track it regularly. I do wish it had more power so these mods interest me since I have always heard that the tranny can't take extra power without failing. Any mods I have dome for the track have been suspension, brakes and safety. Of course those are the most important for the track anyway. After more than 10 years and more than 140,000 miles I really don't want to go back to a manual and start having to relearn heel and tow. Give me a good paddle shifter any day now. Of course I also 50 and just want to have some fun.

the only automatic nsx i drove felt horrible and was actually in a very poor state of tune. still, that car was badass being its an nsx. whatever your reason for an automatic, who cares. you enjoy the car and that is all matters. an auto nsx is better than no nsx. you give these idiots too much credit if you care what they say or think.

the only automatic nsx i drove felt horrible and was actually in a very poor state of tune. still, that car was badass being its an nsx. whatever your reason for an automatic, who cares. you enjoy the car and that is all matters. an auto nsx is better than no nsx. you give these idiots too much credit if you care what they say or think.

:smile:

I owned my 1995 auto for a little over 5 years (I just sold her). This is what I have learned.
  1. Auto owners and their cars are considered vastly inferior by some here on Prime.
  2. Very few NSX's with Level 10 upgrades exist, so reliability of the upgrade is not yet proven. Several in the Supra Forum detest Level 10 as unreliable.
  3. My auto could not withstand the rigors of the track, resulting in a blown transmission. Note: I did have 106,000 on the clock.
  4. My auto did well on track and I passed several NA1's and some NA2's.
  5. It is more difficult to sell and auto in that there are fewer buyers that are interested in an auto. However, those that are interested, are adamant about getting an auto.
  6. During spirited driving or track driving, even with "sports Shift", the gear ratio is not well suited due to only having four gears. Having less horse power is also noticeable.

Back