• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motor Trend - New NSX 11/22/2010

Wa-wa-wa-waaaaaaa. That is a dud design for a supercar but at least they are getting on track with the packaging. Given that it's some artist's interpretation I'll still hold out hope for them to polish up the HSC which could end up being another home-run design like the original.

PreLude

Maybe it is bc the word Accord is attached to this rumor but this seems like it should be the groundwork for bringing the Prelude back. Toyota & Subaru have their coupe coming, Nissan has the Z & GT-R, Hyundai has the Genesis etc etc

I realize that the Accord coupe pretty much occupies the slot that the Prelude used to so all they have to do is differentiate it some like offer AWD or the SH-FWD again ...

I am still weary of the 2nd generation NSX rumors & think that it is more likely to happen once Honda decides to try to launch Acura in Japan again ...

It maynot be the best rendition in the world, but have you seen what Honda (& Acura) has been putting out there lately? This rendition blows the entire existing lineup away. Period.

Kind of looks like the HSC, where can I buy it :biggrin: Honda build it and they will come !!!

Last edited:
I love the way it looks. Hopefully it will be as inspired a design (cockpit and exterior) as the original.

I personally think the R8 is dead sexy, so I think this rendition is equally if not more lust-worthy.

It seems logical that they'd keep a high-powered, high-revving V6 like the original. They would need to make it damn powerful though considering how powerful other cars have gotten in its absence. 400hp in a light car would be plenty I think.

Hopefully it'll sell better than the first gen. If I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Finally Honda is getting back on track. This car if it gets released will make the current NSX look OLD.

I guess a high-revving V6 would be OK, but the V10 would have been truly great.

400HP will not cut it. Not if they want to sell it for $90K or $100K.

The days of lightweight cars are done. Even the latest Ferrari 458 is 3490+lbs and it has 570 HP.

I would like to see something like the Porsche 918 hybrid. Of course, it will cost $500K.

Last edited:
I like it, as others have said I do think it has similar styling queues to the R8 as well. As for the V6 comment well that will all depend on the power to weight ratio if that's good enough...maybe they will have an initial offering and then bump the motor to a V8 or V10...maybe with SH-AWD, that would be pretty damn cool.

At this point it's only vapor ware:frown:

honda-NSX-successor-front-three-quarters-view.jpg

honda-NSX-successor-rear-three-quarters.jpg

The article says: 'Using the front-wheel-drive Accord platform as a base for this car will cut R&D costs dramatically.'

So, it's not an NSX successor. AWD? WTF! If they can cut the costs I hope they tell us soon what it's price will be.

'Honda does not see the CR-Z as a sports car. It's a sporty coupe'

God was with them. 122 PS in a sports-car? :D I've never seen any of these hear driving. Another flop?

But being honest, I don't believe that article anyway. :D

The article says: 'Using the front-wheel-drive Accord platform as a base for this car will cut R&D costs dramatically.'

So, it's not an NSX successor. AWD? WTF! If they can cut the costs I hope they tell us soon what it's price will be.

So what? The C30A and C32B were derived from the Honda Legend. Does that mean those engines sucked? or the NSX was FWD? Just like the NSX, they will take that platform,turn it around, where it will be MR-biased SH-AWD. I'll be happy with it just being MR, but if it's SH-AWD, doesn't weigh too much, and MR-biased, I'll take one too.

Last edited:
SH-AWD has been wasted on the current lineup. Nobody cares how fast a SUV can run the Ring. Having it appear on their Halo car would give this misguided lineup some much needed credit. Quite frankly, I hold all cars up to the A8. It is the perfect blend of all that is right with the world. If Acura makes a car that can compare, I will buy it.

SH-AWD has been wasted on the current lineup. Nobody cares how fast a SUV can run the Ring. Having it appear on their Halo car would give this misguided lineup some much needed credit. Quite frankly, I hold all cars up to the A8. It is the perfect blend of all that is right with the world. If Acura makes a car that can compare, I will buy it.

After driving an R8 spyder on the Autobahn this summer, I would be second in line if Honda can build something compareable at a reasonable price.

OH PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL!!!! I hope it has the same drivability and reliability of the original NSX. I WILL pay 100k for this no questions asked. This just helped me hold my urge to go and by an NSX. Till 2014 it is:biggrin:

Considering I already have an NSX, S2000, Prelude, Accord, and a Pilot I am ready to buy if this comes to light. Thought about getting an 02+ to add with my 91 but if this happens please make it available in a pretty BLUE color. I have always had faith in the brand and looking forward to the future. If Blue is not available how about a Black Chrome edition. Just make it affordable and also give current NSX owners first option and a private unveiling in California.

Finally, mid engined and AWD. From Honda.

Love it.

:smile:

We shall see. Otherwise it's another Lotus for me.

Here we go again. I wouldnt hold my breath if i were you guys......honda is like the boy who cried wolf.
BTW that obviously an R8/Ferrari chop......its not an offical photo from Honda so i doubt the car will look anything like that.

Here we go again. I wouldnt hold my breath if i were you guys......honda is like the boy who cried wolf.
BTW that obviously an R8/Ferrari chop......its not an offical photo from Honda so i doubt the car will look anything like that.

Obviously its an enzo with a R8 nose, and im sure the car wont look exactly like this, but it should be relativeley close (the low stance, wide body, probably shorter nose bit of a longer rear)... But hey Mid engine... I bet the looks will be a more modern version of the earlier NSX. What excites me the most is honda's fiddling with the hybrids. Not that i would purchase a hybrid nsx over the manual transmision, but i kinda feel they are headid in the right direction with this

Considering I already have an NSX, S2000, Prelude, Accord, and a Pilot I am ready to buy if this comes to light. Thought about getting an 02+ to add with my 91 but if this happens please make it available in a pretty BLUE color. I have always had faith in the brand and looking forward to the future. If Blue is not available how about a Black Chrome edition. Just make it affordable and also give current NSX owners first option and a private unveiling in California.

Ahhhh yes. California, the center of the universe.

Back