• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 1991 Berlina Black NSX Restoration

I've read this thread over and over again and each time, I am at awe at how awesome ur car look!!! The paint is THE best I have seen on here! I am so impressed! When time permit, can you PM me with some exact $$$ numbers for your project? I am still searching for a 94 project car. Once I find her.. I definitely be contacting you for advices.

Great job and thank you for sharing with us ur beautiful car!

:) btw perhaps i missed it but what type of suspension setup is that?

I really appreciate the compliment, and level of enthusiasm from everyone here. Hopefully I will have some progress pics of the interior, by next week or as time permits.

I've read this thread over and over again and each time, I am at awe at how awesome ur car look!!! The paint is THE best I have seen on here! I am so impressed! When time permit, can you PM me with some exact $$$ numbers for your project? I am still searching for a 94 project car. Once I find her.. I definitely be contacting you for advices.

agreed. if you ever had a shop full time shop, i would definitely support your business. making the drive to riverside county means nothing when your high quality of work is at hand.

nsxph3.jpg

MOD5 - this last shot is simply devine! My wife mentioned shooting my car created the same shadow challenges you also noted with the bumper reflection...black is very hard to shoot.

This photo makes me wonder if I should paint the inner section of my wheels to be gold as well. Just a great contrast in color...

Last edited:
MOD5 Eng.- Get a Polarizing filter and you should be able to control the reflections more.

Thanks, I will look into this and purchase one.

Thank you! And yes, I am sending you a PM, after I am finish posting. Get the NSX, and I will help you, regardless.

:) btw perhaps i missed it but what type of suspension setup is that?

Bilsteins/Eibach's. I am looking for some H&R's, if anyone is up for trading. :)

agreed. if you ever had a shop full time shop, i would definitely support your business. making the drive to riverside county means nothing when your high quality of work is at hand.

Thanks. I do have a shop here in Redlands, Ca. It's a "Man Cave", as my wife calls it. At the Shop, I work on mostly my friends vehicles, and locals around here, and a lot of online friends. Not my main line of work, but something I really enjoy and do on my spare time. I have been working on these cars, for over a decade now (hondas in general, for 15+), and it still as much fun as the day I started.

So as I mentioned earlier. If you need any maintenance or work done on your NSX - period. Feel free to contact me. I am more in it for the enjoyment and helping out the NSX community, then the profit factor. I am there mostly from Thursday - Sunday. Feel free to stop by!

MOD5 - this last shot is simply devine! My wife mentioned shooting my car created the same shadow challenges you also noted with the bumper reflection...black is very hard to shoot.

This photo makes me wonder if I should paint the inner section of my wheels to be gold as well. Just a great contrast in color...

I just browsed through your build thread, and did not even realize that you were the owner of that NSX. I have so many photos of your NSX, saved on my computer! :biggrin:

Your interior is priceless! I love your whole setup....

Last edited:
I would avoid the duster imo. I used to have one and it swirled up my paint pretty fast :(

Thats a mythe, and partially true. I have studied swirl marks, and how they are made from an automotive detailing forum I go on.

The main thing that causes swirl marks, is constant pressure applied when wiping a "dusty" or "dirty" vehicle. If you lightly wipe the vehicle, in a single format (not going back and forth, without releasing), you should never create any swirl marks.

Thats first hand experience, and trust me, I am detailing FREAK! lol :wink:

I decided to go with a set of Recaro Pole Positions, Leather W/ Yellow Stitching. I am going to design some NSX-R style OEM Power Rails, so that I don't lose the luxury of power seats. :)

Also, am going to get with user Vroom, and get some fine Black Alcantara to accent some of the interior pieces. Decided to do this one a little different, and go with Black w/ yellow stitching.

nsxseats1.jpg

nsxseats2.jpg

nsxseats3.jpg

nsxseats4.jpg

Almost like taking a page from the S2000 CR's book.

I do really like direction for your interior, though...whether the connection was intentional or not.

Last edited:
Almost like taking a page from the S2000 CR's book.

I do really like direction for your interior, though...whether the connection was intentional or not.

Although I love the C/R interior, and currently have C/R seats in my S2k. I got the theme from a previous Gallardo, that was black, with black leather and yellow stitching. All my previous builds, I have always stuck with black w/ red stitching. Figured I would change this one up a little. :)

Erick,

Car is coming along nicely!!!

Thanks, Gil! I went through your build thread, a few times, after we spoke. Blows me away, each time! Let me know when you post some updates.... :smile:

yellow stitching/accents in interior will go very well with the gold wheels!

recaro PP are very very nice seats!

I decided to go with a set of Recaro Pole Positions, Leather W/ Yellow Stitching. I am going to design some NSX-R style OEM Power Rails, so that I don't lose the luxury of power seats. :)

Also, am going to get with user Vroom, and get some fine Black Alcantara to accent some of the interior pieces. Decided to do this one a little different, and go with Black w/ yellow stitching.

nsxseats2.jpg

nsxseats4.jpg

Nice seats, those would go well w my yellow brembos ;) I like the gallardo interior you are referring to, the first 100 gallardos made were all that color combo (launch edition). I wanted to do my car the same way but it would be cost prohibitive so I am just going to do the red type r theme instead. Can we expect to see yellow stitching grace your dash and doors too?

I just can't help thinking, with all the money poured into this build, why not just by an 02-05 and have a better car? There are so many advantages to going that route vs. refurbishing an old car- which will always just be an old car with new parts on it no matter how many you replace. Unless, you have to have a coupe.

If you prefer the coupes over the targas, the 'better car' thought is a matter of opinion. ;)

I would love to do this with my 1994 NSX daily driver, but it would all be dirty and grimy again after the first time in the rain....LOL!! Now....if I could just get another white one to drive daily, then I could make my 1994 perfect again. Hmmm....now I may be on to something... :cool:

I just browsed through your build thread, and did not even realize that you were the owner of that NSX. I have so many photos of your NSX, saved on my computer! :biggrin:

Your interior is priceless! I love your whole setup....

Thanks MOD5. It was fun going through the planning and completion of that project but wasn't as happy as one would think with the interior. I wished I hadn't gone the red roof and Bride seats (both didn't fit or look all that good). Secondly, the quality of the Alcantara wasn't as expected, still nice but I was looking for a deeper color of black. Its funny most everyone who sees it loves it but I'm somewhat indifferent to it. I've since sold the car to a friend Arafaat here in Dubai and he loves it.

Since then I bought my 2002 Imola Orange Pearl which I've since sold to a collector in Hong Kong. Having missed owning a NSX I've picked up this one last summer and having seen your setup has me thinking again:biggrin::

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151935

Your NSX turned out superb! I'll now have a few pics of it on my computer!:tongue:

This has got to be one of the most fantastic build/paint/detail jobs in the history of Prime! WOW - you are a miracle man and I just wish I lived in CA just so I could be close to all the real car guys, it seems, in the country! It always amazes me to find out how many great paint shops and interior shops and leather shops there are in CA - it is for sure the "mecca" for real car crazy stuff! You just gotta love it and you sir are as good as I've ever seen - and have gone thru every page of this thread for the first time today and couldn't stop till I got to the last page!

I don't understand why anyone would question what you're doing - as in the comments like "why didn't you just buy a late model car instead".

How bout for the following reasons - just for starters and to name a few:

1. If you bought a new one you'd still have to detail the thing to pieces and you'd have another targa. NOW you have a great looking coupe! (read quiet and stiff)

2. You have done something few if any have ever done on this or any site with any car!

3. Great paint work and I have no doubt that it is every bit as nice if not nicer than the OEM paint from the factory - although it may not be baked on - that's the only thing I can think of. The proof really is in how long it will last looking like that? But for 4500 bucks - damn man that is a great deal and such attention to detail by the shop!

4. How many cars out there have absolutely no paint work anyway! At least this way you know every peice is done to perfection!

5. I WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR FINISHED INTERIOR REALLY BAD!

Awesome dude - you are the man - I just wish I lived out there - might just have to move - no kidding. More power to ya! Keep up the great work and we are all waiting with baited breath for the next series of pictures! Thanks a ton for the detail pics befoire/after! Unreal!

PS: Shawn may be looking into moving in next door....

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would question what you're doing - as in the comments like "why didn't you just buy a late model car instead".

PS: Shawn may be looking into moving in next door....

Tim, I had that same question posted to me in person by another Primer about my car. I think there are lots of different types of car guys from ricers, keyboard racers, bling type, collectors, garage queens, OEM only, drag, drift, track...etc.etc.

And they don't necessary understand each other in terms of what/why they do or don't mod their cars. So, each to their own FTW. However, when you DO see something done carefully, correctly and skillfully, you know. Vroom's car comes to mind in terms of serious mods and mad fab skills. Another one is Anil's(SerialNSXer) car.

Eric's car looks impeccable in person and you can see all the detail work he has done everywhere on the car. It is truly amazing all the work and patience one needed to reach this level. I am certainly just a lowly grasshopper compare to him. On top of that, its not a typical "Project" car that sit in a garage for years and years and never gets done...you know the type:rolleyes: IMO, its more than just having the cash to do big mods. if you don't have the funds, do the small stuff. For such a great car as the NSX, its such a shame for it to sit in the garage in primo/low miles/look at me mode.

P.S. - Shawn, next door is empty and ready to be leased:)

Last edited:
Good point "liftnot" - to each his own.

I still want to see the inside of Mod inc's car when he gets those seats in there! Man that is going to be the best looking early coupe out there or at least one of em.

The other build I just went crazy over was the guy that made a coupe out of his targa and made an NSX-R replica out of it - that was awesome! Loved that one.

I love all these cars and it's great to have such a mix of guys with great mods and super detailers and hopefully driven! Not just sitting in "look at me" mode! I agree fully on that!

Nice build. Looks like you done a Civic on another forum. A bit off topic, but it seems like you are the same person that was accused of scamming quite a number of people on other forums. What's the deal with that if you don't mind explaining?

http://htarchive.org/showpost.php?p=45247970&postcount=346

Posted from another forum.

"I hope it's not him, because that would be a shame for sure....

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...-scammers.html

http://sanantonio-imports.com/showthread.php?t=9703

Read Page 2 of this-

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71329

Nice seats, those would go well w my yellow brembos ;) I like the gallardo interior you are referring to, the first 100 gallardos made were all that color combo (launch edition). I wanted to do my car the same way but it would be cost prohibitive so I am just going to do the red type r theme instead. Can we expect to see yellow stitching grace your dash and doors too?

Thanks for the post, and yes, that is my plan. I am gathering all the new leather and black Alcantara, for the interior project. :)

Nice build. Looks like you done a Civic on another forum. A bit off topic, but it seems like you are the same person that was accused of scamming quite a number of people on other forums. What's the deal with that if you don't mind explaining?

http://htarchive.org/showpost.php?p=45247970&postcount=346

Posted from another forum.

"I hope it's not him, because that would be a shame for sure....

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...-scammers.html

http://sanantonio-imports.com/showthread.php?t=9703

Read Page 2 of this-

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71329

This was discussed in a vouch thread. He is a friend of ours, but no business affiliatioin with MOD5. This was cleared with moderators, recently. Not to make this post to be offensive in anyway, but there is no need to post or speculate here. Feel free to PM me or a moderator, if you have questions or an issue with this person, or myself.

Last edited:
can we see some pics of this car and your 03 together?

Working on it. Hopefully we can some rather decent breathable weather this weekend. I already have a friend of mine, who is offereing to drive the black or the blue one, for a photoshoot. :)

If you prefer the coupes over the targas, the 'better car' thought is a matter of opinion. ;)

I like both. It's just much more cost effective, if you're looking to modify an NSX and to go this route vs. the average price of an 02. Also, as mentioned earlier, there is sentimental value with this particular NSX. I would recommend this route, to anyone with the itch of modifying or building an NSX. If you're a collector, spend the premium of an 02+ and put a car cover on it. I can respect that, as well.

Thanks MOD5. It was fun going through the planning and completion of that project but wasn't as happy as one would think with the interior. I wished I hadn't gone the red roof and Bride seats (both didn't fit or look all that good). Secondly, the quality of the Alcantara wasn't as expected, still nice but I was looking for a deeper color of black. Its funny most everyone who sees it loves it but I'm somewhat indifferent to it. I've since sold the car to a friend Arafaat here in Dubai and he loves it.

Since then I bought my 2002 Imola Orange Pearl which I've since sold to a collector in Hong Kong. Having missed owning a NSX I've picked up this one last summer and having seen your setup has me thinking again:biggrin::

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151935

Your NSX turned out superb! I'll now have a few pics of it on my computer!:tongue:

Wow, you have a list going! I must say, after going through your recent thread you posted. I am getting the itch for another NA1, and do a nice subtle build. The pop-up headlights will always be a classic look in my books...

Back