• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Family

My name is Charles and I live out in Queen Creek. I've been out in Arizona for a while but for the first time I am the sad owner of a 1992 black NSX. My parents were the previous owners and it used to be a joke between us that as soon as I had a 3 car garage they would make me a good deal on it. On March 14th of this year they both passed in a plane accident in Southern California.

They lived in La Verne California and were involved in this forum as well as NSXCA, and many of you may have known them.

I have loved that car for the better part of 20 years (even took it on my Honeymoon), but I must say I am a little out of my league as far as what to do next. As soon as the state issues a new copy of the pink slip I intend to take her into SOS in Tempe, AZ to have a once over and complete some of the work she is in need of (i.e. windows do not go up, stock antenna does not go down, missing grate from one of the side scoops).

Any information or stories you might have about them, as well as information or recommendations about the car would all be greatly appreciated. Is there a shop in SoCal that they would have used? I know they used to take her to Factor X a while back, but I heard they moved to Vegas.

Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_7707.jpg
    IMG_7707.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P9130018.jpg
    P9130018.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 133
  • P6151289.jpg
    P6151289.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_7347.jpg
    IMG_7347.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Hi Charles,

Sorry about your parents.

I am a new member but if you know your Dad's user name on Prime you may be able to look up a history of old posts and learn more about him and the car.

Thanks for sharing your story. Take care. John

My name is Charles and I live out in Queen Creek. I've been out in Arizona for a while but for the first time I am the sad owner of a 1992 black NSX. My parents were the previous owners and it used to be a joke between us that as soon as I had a 3 car garage they would make me a good deal on it. On March 14th of this year they both passed in a plane accident in Southern California.

They lived in La Verne California and were involved in this forum as well as NSXCA, and many of you may have known them.

I have loved that car for the better part of 20 years (even took it on my Honeymoon), but I must say I am a little out of my league as far as what to do next. As soon as the state issues a new copy of the pink slip I intend to take her into SOS in Tempe, AZ to have a once over and complete some of the work she is in need of (i.e. windows do not go up, stock antenna does not go down, missing grate from one of the side scoops).

Any information or stories you might have about them, as well as information or recommendations about the car would all be greatly appreciated. Is there a shop in SoCal that they would have used? I know they used to take her to Factor X a while back, but I heard they moved to Vegas.

Thank you all for your help.

Charles, Sorry for your and your familys loss, Chuck and Renee did know how to enjoy life! Last time I saw them was ALMS at Laguna Seca and the SoCal group all dined together. He did the parade lap in 2008 right behind Steve Riter and myself and I forwarded Chuck all my pictures. Typical Chuck none were "good enough". Not the best way to have the car passed down but I know Chuck really wanted you to enjoy it as much as he did! Lots of good SoCal mechanics to assist; John Martin at Cerritos Acura, AutoWave in Huntington Beach but I really like Ramon at Niguel Motors. Can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this news, we've all lost very, very special friends. Gil Leach

Charles:

My deepest condolences!

Yes, I knew both your Mom (Renee) and your Dad (Chuck) very well. I believe you and I have also met, when I first met your dad, at NSX Modified when you were both waiting for Larry to finish fixing the car in time for your wedding!

As Gill mentioned the last time I saw your dad was at Laguna Seca as he blew past me between turn 3 and 4 during the Parade lap!

I will truly miss both of them as they were really fun to be around at all the events they attended.

I know that Chuck would want you to enjoy the car as much as he did, so drive it and enjoy every day.

The list Gill gave is the same one I would for service of your car here in So Cal. and I know that SOS will take good care of you in the Phoenix area.

Take care and stay in touch with this forum so we might see you at a So Cal event in the near future.

Charles,

Im also a new member here as well but Im very sorry for your loss. I think that everyone in this forum as well as your dad would want you and your wife to enjoy this car as much as your parents did. Hope to see you in one of the socal meet, take care Charles. Best wishes to you and your family.

Kevin Dang

Back