• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Latest addition to the model collection

Very cool!!

Is the driver removable? It looks kinda funny with him setting in the car while in the garage. Of course, I do that alot in my car while in my garage.:redface: LOL

Ha!

3397637095_84e47d531d_b.jpg

^^^:eek:^^^ That is scary awesome!!!

What else do you have in this collection!?

:cool::cool::cool:

Well Jim I must say I've taken quite the intrest in this since your first post. I'm on ebay nightly and my wife thinks it's funny. I'm actually bidding on a few of these. I plan on starting a collection. While they are not cheap, they are cheaper than modding the NSX. I hope in the next several months to have something to show for.

Well Jim I must say I've taken quite the intrest in this since your first post. I'm on ebay nightly and my wife thinks it's funny. I'm actually bidding on a few of these. I plan on starting a collection. While they are not cheap, they are cheaper than modding the NSX. I hope in the next several months to have something to show for.

Hehe. Once you start you can't stop! I haven't really bought any models in the last 10 years but I got the bug again and bought 3 in the last 2 months. I got this yesterday; LW's MP4/26:

7848365580_84b5aef75f_c.jpg

Very cool... love the garage concept and execution. Very nice!

I also have a small collection of 1:18 scale models, fun hobby! Here's my latest add to my Art Car collection:

IMG_1249-1.jpg

I know where to source the crew people so that will be in there down the road.

Most spectacular, Jim. However, I dare you to source a miniature Ron Dennis.:biggrin: Historical accuracy would demand that the team kit be just so and the hair perfect lol. On a more serious note, I had the occasion to meet Mr. Dennis at the '02 USGP and he's quite an impressive individual.

Last edited:
Very cool... love the garage concept and execution. Very nice!

I also have a small collection of 1:18 scale models, fun hobby! Here's my latest add to my Art Car collection:

IMG_1249-1.jpg

Nice!

In my diorama above, its the AutoArt NSX I just bought last month. Hard to believe I waited so long to get one. It's crazy how much they got up in value when they stop making them. I've got a few in my collection that have doubled to quad-tripled in value since I bought them; off the top of my head:

UT McLaren F1
UT Ferrari 550 Maranello
UT Ferrari F355
UT Porsche 993 Turbo
AutoArt Skyline R34 GTR
AutoArt Lamborghini Countach
AutoArt Lamborghini Diablo GTR
AutoArt Lamborghini Murcielago
AutoArt Lamborghini Miura
Kyosho NSX - 1 black and 1 yellow
Ebbro NSX and NSX-R
Hot Wheels Batmobile Super Elite Edition

Most spectacular, Jim. However, I dare you to source a miniature Ron Dennis.:biggrin: Historical accuracy would demand that the team kit be just so and the hair perfect lol. On a more serious note, I had the occasion to meet Mr. Dennis at the '02 USGP and he's quite an impressive individual.

That's cool. Wouldn't it be awesome to sit and talk to him, like ask what was Senna like?, etc.

Incredible.

Jim, the next time I'm in Chicago I want to check out these masterpieces in person. :D

Hehe..sure! At least you would appreciate it. Believe it or not, most times when I show people it, they kinda shrug their shoulders..they don't appreciate it at all.

Thanks guys for the compliments. Trust me, it wasn't that hard to build the garage. You can buy the materials at your local hobby/craft store. The floor and walls were 1/4 (?) foam board. The ceiling was 1/2" foam board. I used dark gray sketch paper on the floor to simulate floor coating. I used a knitting plastic sheet to simulate the ceiling light covers. The lights are mini screw bulbs used for dollhouses. For signage, I used what I had on hand or used a laser printer to print out logos (like the ESPN logo - wanted to make it period correct - hehe). For the McLaren and Honda logos, I used decals intended for the 1/20 scale Tamiya plastic models. May put up the Marlboro logos later.

From my research, the F1 garages back then were real boring back then in the 80s (as seen in my above pic w/Senna) so I used my imagination to make it somewhat interesting. Today's F1 garages are pretty slick because I think they bring in their own shiny commercial partitions they set up in the garage at each track.

Hehe..sure! At least you would appreciate it. Believe it or not, most times when I show people it, they kinda shrug their shoulders..they don't appreciate it at all.

That's a shame. I love detailed scale models/sets! I just can't afford to collect them since I tend to buy full scaled ones instead. :frown::biggrin:

Like I said, your work is impressive. :)

Last edited:
Wow Jim, nice collection. You realize now you have to post more pics. This is a great thread. It's right up there with the "Hottest Girl" thread.:biggrin: I can't afford a second NSX like some guys {:wink:hehe} but I think I can do this.

Back