• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX got keyed at the GYM today.

EAC

Legendary Member
What a way to have your day ruined. My car has been sitting in the garage for awhile, so I decided to take it to the GYM this morning since it's nice out today. :frown:

Finished my workout, walk out to my car and noticed my beloved NSX had been keyed. They hit every panel except the Front/Rear Bumper and Roof. :frown:

The police officer said they don't investigate that sort of thing. He just wrote a report and sent me on my way. :frown:

I'm now waiting on my insurance adjuster to come low ball me. I got two estimates, both were $3,1XX (Does this estimate sound right). This includes removing everything. I made sure of that.

It doesn't include the Front/Rear Bumper or Roof. :frown:

Sad day for me :frown:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0373.jpg
    IMAG0373.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,223
Wow, what a low life thing to do. Jealousy at it's finest. Sorry to hear.

I would check for security cameras....and possibly see if you can see what car the person exited from or entered.

Good luck,
- Z

That absolutely sucks. Do they have any surveillance video at the nearby buildings that might offer a clue as to who did this?

I can only hope they catch the person responsible. :mad:

What!? friggen a-holes. I am very sorry to hear this. Did the parking lot have security cameras?

Man that stinks. I see this often and many times it's a jilted, jealous ex-lover.

Last edited:
The police officer said no cameras. I even asked him to finger print. He wasn't willing to investigate at all.

That sucks:mad: I have that fear in the back of my head. Avoid arguments with people in parking lots for this reason.

As others have said, I suggest seeing if you can get surveillance videos from nearyby places or your gym.

That sucks big time! That could have easily been my car as I drive to my local gym also :(

I'm taking the DD from now on...

That sucks, I don't get what this type of shit does for a hater. At least try to take off the keyed panels yourself, so that will save you a lot of money on labor. Hope everything works out for you.

Super sorry to hear! Not something anyone wants to find on any car :frown:. Jealousy is a horrible thing, I feel very sorry for the person(s) that did that to your car. They are obviously very disturbed...

Taking a NSX to a GYM? really? in this sorta economy when people are losing their jobs and crying about gas prices - not a smart thing to do.

Here in CA a good shop would charge $5k for a repaint (which looks better than the OEM NSX since it's wet sanded properly), so I imagine that ur estimate is not bad if the COLA is lower than my COLA.

Sorry to read about this. :frown: When I had my car I was always afraid to leave it parked anywhere unsupervised for just this reason.

I hope you get it taken care of without too much hassle.

any cameras around?

that blows

This kind of thing can happen anywhere anytime you do NOT blame the victim. There is no shortage of people who are envious and spiteful of those who have when they do not. My wife used to think I was paranoid to only park our nice auto's with in view when we went somewhere to dine. Other then that I just drive a daily beater. That beater has been hit three times in parking lots when I was parked far away from everyone and not a single note.

Best of luck!

In your photo, it looks like a camera by the circular logo in the upper left. I hope you get the bastards. This kind of sh!t makes me not enjoy taking my car places and leaving it. What a world?

Last edited:
I feel really bad for you. I'm also in IL, I can recommend some other shops in the area as well, if you would like to get more quotes. There may be video surveillance, if not in the lot, check with the businesses. Too many haters out there.

Oz

Chicago, IL

Last edited:
thats the one thing I am scared who doesnt have cameras these days.

I would choose another gym

lots of gyms these days have lowered their monthly fee due to the economy and the scum can now afford it. my wife said her upscale gym now feels like a hang-out for the homeless
they people using the equip dont clean it, pants hangin down, smells like poop every where.

she is tring to find another gym as we speak.

raise the prices and force them out.

we already did this raised property taxes in tampa and jacked up the monthly rent, and the criminals were basiclly forced to move to St.Pete
cuz they couldnt afford rent. crime rate dropped to nothing in tampa, but the crime rate in St.pete has almost hit the roof. shootings, robberies, home invasions, theft, DUI's, all shot thru the roof.

Last edited:
I consider vandalism the most senseless crime ever! It's easier to understand murder than vandalism. They must live a most boring life if that's the most fun in their life. I hope you catch 'em. That really sucks! So sorry! We all fear coming out to find that kind of senseless damage.

Gary

Back