• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX got keyed at the GYM today.

I empathize with your experience - this happened to my CTS-V last year at the gym @ 6:30AM - they got every panel as well.

Wow Eric, very sorry to hear this! I drove mine to a client meeting at Green Mount today and was actually parked right across the Interstate from where this happened, at about 11 am. I wonder if you can hire an attorney and get a court order to see the video from their security cameras (or other local businesses)? This could be worth pursuing as a civil case. Man, this sucks so bad.

Yea, it makes no sense. I have been jealous at cars before (had a squad leader when I was stationed in italy get one of the last e46 M3's out of the factory-22nd from the last if I remember- delivered to him with 3 k's on it) but I could never imagine keying someone's shit. or doing anything other then drool, and figure out what changes I need to make budget wise to get their.

Vandalizing someone's car should be punishable by death!:mad:

Am I the only one that wants to see pictures of the damage? Just curious in seeing how bad and where it was.

Worst part about the NSX in this situation is how low it sits...so easy for someone to do something like that and cover a lot of ground in a short period of time.

Hopefully you'll get this fixed quickly. I'm sorry to hear that -- from that rear photo your car looked immaculate.

Really sorry to hear this. Don't worry, your car will be back in an immaculate shape in no time. Don't let those jelly haters put you too down.

I was just about to take my car to the gym, which I always do, but now this scared me. It is really sad that these people are ruining, stopping us from driving anywhere. I guess I will take my beater to the gym for now.

*%$*$#@*#$@#&$&@ HATERS!!

Man I'm sorry to hear about that shit.

Unfortunately there are assholes on Earth, we just gotta deal with them either directly, preferably behind a trigger and barrel, or through active avoidance.

only slightly shiny side to that dark cloud is that if you have considered changing exterior color, now you have a reason as good as any to just do it

Really sad story... btw, how deep did they key it? Any chance in wet sanding/buffing? ::shrug::

I like the GoPro idea. It would have to be discrete or the person would just steal your camera. I'd love to catch someone doing such a scumbag thing. Imagine the look on their face when confronted with the camera footage.

I am so sad to hear of this :frown: Vandalism is just a crime of jealousy and/or hatred because no one wins. The perp just gets the "satisfaction" of ruining someone's day. Completely senseless :frown:

It sounds like you should have a total repaint to get everything blended together and seamless. $3,1XXX would be very low for that kind of work. My car was only slightly damaged recently and the bill was that much to replace a headlight and do a little paint work.

There must be some weird dynamic about the gym parking lot, because that's the only place I've had any trouble with vandals. My beater got hit awhile back ... they stole the emblems off my civic. What does someone do with cheapo H badges?:confused:

There must be some weird dynamic about the gym parking lot, because that's the only place I've had any trouble with vandals. My beater got hit awhile back ... they stole the emblems off my civic. What does someone do with cheapo H badges?:confused:[/QUOTE

Must be testosterone overload....ROID RAGE!

Sucks! I don't think i would feel comfortable going back to that gym once something like this happens.

Hope you get everything worked out.

I would certainly find out where they security camera's are and park there, but its hard to avoid some random ass. He might not even belong to the gym. Who knows. You cannot live in fear of leaving your car anywhere or you will never drive it.

I remember when my car got vandalized. It was a terrible experience. I feel your pain.:frown:

I do agree, messing with another mans ride should be punishable by death.

only slightly shiny side to that dark cloud is that if you have considered changing exterior color, now you have a reason as good as any to just do it

^^^This I would seriously consider a Pearl White, Imola, or some othere exotic NSX factory color.

You cannot live in fear of leaving your car anywhere or you will never drive it.

This is why I only managed to put 10K miles on my NSX in 4 years. Was afraid that it would get hit, valdalized, etc.

^
This is why I only managed to put 10K miles on my NSX in 4 years. Was afraid that it would get hit, valdalized, etc.

Mine is my DD, so I just be careful where I park, better to blend in than stand out all on your own at the other end of the lot.

My buddy david, who just sold his, drove it and parked it EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE and never had a problem.

Damn that sucks bro, i feel your pain. Fukkn' haters are everywhere, even on the highway, gotta loose em quick all the time.:smile:

Anywhere i go, I always try to park mine way out there away from folks but still within view/sight & if i don't have that option I rather take it back home & bring the daily beater. It will save you alot of pain later.

Hope that camera help captures that punk.
I bet you he is a member there too & probably comes there around the same time most of the time including parking in the same area.
Goodluck

Last edited:
The one thing about our paint is that 2 decades later and nearly 100k miles, the shine on my NSX is like a mirror. I wonder if there is ANY aftermarket paint capable of the original durability and shine?

Reading this thread makes me want to reduce my comprehensive insurance deductible to $250 and buy a beater of a daily driver.

My comp deduct is $0 and that only increased it by $10/month from my $500 deduct. I have state farm and a "clean" driving record.

My coll is $250.

this is what a few insurance adjusters recommended to me.

How the hell did a photo of that puke Lady Gaga get in this thread? :confused: I just threw up in my mouth a little.

To be fair, I know several other NSX owners who drive their NSX to the gym, and have had no issues.

You are just as likely to get vandalized at a shopping mall, a restaurant, or a movie theater. There are punks / haters everywhere, not just in a gym parking lot. I know a fellow NSX owners who had his NSX spat on at a high end shopping mall / restaurant area.

There's a guy at my gym who regularly drives his GTR and parks it there, no issues. But I do recall someone who had his Mercedes hood ornament stolen, and come to find out it was several hundred dollars to replace. You can't prevent stupidity or jealousy.

Best thing to do is be vigiliant, and carry a baseball bat in the trunk, or at least a security monkey... ;)

Last edited:
http://www.mobilewatchman.com/

As for fingerprinting, I have no clue what you think that would accomplish (aside from making your car even more of a mess). You were in a public parking lot - anyone's prints could have been on that car. A print does you no good if you can't prove it was them with the key.

Back