• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX got Owned by EVO

Some people Have to have a "new" car and the EVO market is not the same as the NSX market new or used. the EVO and STI are cheeper to mod for the most part and they are whats hot and new right now...

I worked at dealers for years and It always amazed me when someone would pay the same amount for a new car that was a stripper with no options that they would have paid for a top of the line car that was 3 years old.

Another question too ask, how long does the clutch on EVO actually last?

as long as your not launching it at every stop light a while, my friends just topped 100k and everything on it is still stock without any problems.

i changed mine way before the end of its life, in preperation for power upgrades, and for the record evo's can run over 400whp and still be streetable and reliable

but, i agree with what everyone is saying you are comparing apples and oranges

My feeling is that if you so choose to drage race another car, you are lowering yourself to the other driver's level by accepting the challenge.

Once you've done this, you eliminate all privelege to say, "well at the end of the day, you're driving a Subaru and i'm driving an NSX."

Using that notion to rationalize is just that: rationalization.

You guys need some turbo's, then you don't have to worry about that. Have the best of both worlds, power and looks. :wink:

nsxlover said:
You guys need some turbo's, then you don't have to worry about that. Have the best of both worlds, power and looks. :wink:

Is your Cartek kit installed now?

Yes, I am tuning it yesturday and today. I have it perfect to 5lbs of boost and am putting out 365RWHP, I am shooting for 16pi somewhere around 525RWHP. I will have a final dyno printout tonight and will post it tomorrow. I have been going to a friends shop tuning it after work.

spookyp said:
I think the "only an EVO", "still just an EVO" type comments are silly. Especially when you consider that most of todays NSX buyers are buying 9-12 year old cars at no more than the cost of a new Evolution (like $30k or so).

How can someone say with a straight face "yeah dude, but you WISH you had my NSX!" when you know full well that they could easily buy an old used NSX for the cost of their Evolution? It doesnt make sense.

Agreed! Those who got an EVO could have very easily gotten a used NSX as well. Everyone's needs and wants are different. It's actually quite depressing to see that Prime has progressed to this, but this is bound to happen as the NSX has depreciated to a point where most people can afford a used one.

nsxlover said:
Yes, I am tuning it yesturday and today. I have it perfect to 5lbs of boost and am putting out 365RWHP, I am shooting for 16pi somewhere around 525RWHP. I will have a final dyno printout tonight and will post it tomorrow. I have been going to a friends shop tuning it after work.

Nice. Are you running the stock kit and what does it use for engine management?

Seems to be 5lbs @ 365 is pretty damn nice and close to what the kit is supposed to put out. What is the TQ like?

spookyp said:
I think the "only an EVO", "still just an EVO" type comments are silly. Especially when you consider that most of todays NSX buyers are buying 9-12 year old cars at no more than the cost of a new Evolution (like $30k or so).

I recall sport compact car magazine had an article on NSX being a great alternative to the evo or sti. If more people realize this our value of our cars will go up :wink:

RyRy210 said:
Agreed! Those who got an EVO could have very easily gotten a used NSX as well. Everyone's needs and wants are different. It's actually quite depressing to see that Prime has progressed to this, but this is bound to happen as the NSX has depreciated to a point where most people can afford a used one.

haha yeah, i always alude to the fact that im' sure the ferarri, porshe, and lambo guys are like... yeah its great (the NSX) but its just a japanese HONDA!

roffl =)

same thing about the C6 Z06 and the Ford GT, hate it as much as you want, but its still bad arse :biggrin:

I am using the AEM with the twin T28 ball bearing turbo's. Torque was somewhere around 300, I can't remember. Hopefully it will be done and I can pick it up on the way home. I will let you know what it is.

Rob

NetViper said:
Nice. Are you running the stock kit and what does it use for engine management?

Seems to be 5lbs @ 365 is pretty damn nice and close to what the kit is supposed to put out. What is the TQ like?

RyRy210 said:

Please......can you expand a little more on this. From what I read in your post your implying that "used NSX" owners are less responsible than "new NSX" owners. "Most people can afford them....therefore Prime has progressed to this." I find this type of attitude repulsive because if you know anything....I mean anything, having money DOES NOT correlate with being responsible.

Ennesssex said:
if you know anything....I mean anything, having money DOES NOT correlate with being responsible.

I seem to remember that the Enron guys had plenty of money to buy a new NSX and OJ Simpson,Mike Tyson,and Bill Clinton, he lied to the grand jury and cheated on his wife...he can surely afford a new NSX :smile:

Money does not make the man or woman for that matter..hey! Martha Stewart can buy a whole lot full of NSXs!

Ennesssex said:
Please......can you expand a little more on this. From what I read in your post your implying that "used NSX" owners are less responsible than "new NSX" owners. "Most people can afford them....therefore Prime has progressed to this." I find this type of attitude repulsive because if you know anything....I mean anything, having money DOES NOT correlate with being responsible.

I myself was a used NSX owner, so I'm not attacking anyone who purchased an NSX used. However, I do feel that because the NSX is now so affordable, many immature kids can go and get them. Being a prime member for 4 years, I have definitely seen a decline in the quality and content of threads. More car bashing, more trolls, more war stories.

RyRy210 said:
I myself was a used NSX owner, so I'm not attacking anyone who purchased an NSX used. However, I do feel that because the NSX is now so affordable, many immature kids can go and get them. Being a prime member for 4 years, I have definitely seen a decline in the quality and content of threads. More car bashing, more trolls, more war stories.
I agree kinda why I haven't posted in the last 3 years.

RyRy210 said:
Being a prime member for 4 years, I have definitely seen a decline in the quality and content of threads. More car bashing, more trolls, more war stories.

I myself am a newbie and I have no ideal the "quality of content" you are refering to because 4 years ago I was still driving my M3 and surfing on the bimmer forums. Anyways, you are on a comparsion forum so what do you expect to hear?

I actually enjoy to hearing some car bashing to understand the flaws for a specific car or model. I just hate it when stuck up people feel their car is the best and do not report any trouble so other are not warned.

If you are not interested in a car that is labeled unaffordable go buy an Enzo or Porsche GT. The NSX will and always be affordable for the upper middle class since it is about the same price rage as a Benz S class or Bimmer 6-7 series.

RyRy210 said:

I concur. Add just "bashing".

Agree, I too like to here about all cars.
(Have hundred's actually thousands of books on cars. Many on cars I have never owned) (pre Internet, that's all we had)
Its fun to compare. There will always be someone faster.
Fact of life. (still not convinced an EVO is faster around a real road course?)
Have never driven an EVO. But If it handles better than MY NSX, it must really be something!

And my cars prev. owner (since 97) did mention when I purchased the car that these cars are changing hands to younger / new type of owner.
And its not the same crowd as when he helped start the Ca. NSX chapter in the 90's. But either way is cool with me.
(I have owned this car about 3 months and am not really young @44) :biggrin:

This car is too much fun to drive to worry about any of this.
And as far as new V.S old (NSX) both have their virtues.
But its the only sports car that I am aware of that didn't really change
in a major way for 15 yrs! aside from coupe / T-top 1 gear and 200 cc's.
(Well maybe the C3? :eek: would qualify, but you could have had a 327, 350, 427, 454 with that platform,) So my statement stands. No major changes.
Remarkable........
As far as what I could afford? I got what I wanted.
Nuff said.

I saw the coolist thing on the way home this afternoon! I came up on this 2005 EVO and I was checking it out and was hoping to see an attractive young woman behind the wheel but........It was a blue haired old woman driving it! ..I laughed for the next 3 miles..

Arrrgggggggg spelling!!!

NetViper said:
Is your Cartek kit installed now?
Hey Nettie, as you are now a member of the FI brotherhood, you should at least start spelling it correctly. Otherwise, it's like owning an NSX and saying your car has "VTEK". :tongue:

That's all... Back to whatever this thread was about.

Re: Arrrgggggggg spelling!!!

Ojas said:
Hey Nettie, as you are now a member of the FI brotherhood, you should at least start spelling it correctly. Otherwise, it's like owning an NSX and saying your car has "VTEK". :tongue:

That's all... Back to whatever this thread was about.

haha i like to pronounce it
VTACK!!!!!!!!!

spookyp said:

How can someone say with a straight face "yeah dude, but you WISH you had my NSX!" when you know full well that they could easily buy an old used NSX for the cost of their Evolution? It doesnt make sense.

I totally agree. I just bought a 05' EVO and Yes, a stock NSX looks way better on the exterior. The interior shape of the NSX is much better, but it still looks old to me. The EVO just looks cheap even with the SSL package.

I was close to buying a 94 black/black NSX, but chose the EVO instead. Because when it's all said and done I care much more about performance and moddability then looks the price was within 2K.

If I could find a 02' NSX for 40K I would have bought that, but I need to put the crack pipe down to ever think I will find a deal like that.

Back