• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New '98 Owner in the Philippines.

Was your ac or fan on when you made that video? If yes, does the sound go away if you turn off the ac?

Was your ac or fan on when you made that video? If yes, does the sound go away if you turn off the ac?

Actually when I made the video, The AC was off when I started the car...until the clicking sound went away on its own before I revved the car.

Last edited:
maybe we will.shes been on island now for about a year.since shes arrived i have not seen any others on the road,the max racing one dissapeared about 3 weeks berore mine arrived.have heard rumors of a yellow one but have never seen it.belive there is a red auto with a manual gearbox waiting to be installed,am told there is a green one in chalan pago but not driving and there are at least 2 black ones,one in mtm and one that i once saw on a trailer at the 76 on marine dr. near the airport,i was in my old car a silver 944 at the time,perhaps she was yous?anyways apart from work shes my daily driver so im out there....steve

Any suggestions as to what the sound be? Ty

Also, suggestion for wheel color for a kaiser silver as I intend to replace mine soon..thanks.

Last edited:
Ok so I found out that the aspirator fan was just replaced brand new last year. So could the sound still be the aspirator fan? Even when the A/C is off, what ever it is still makes an annoying sound.

Please help.

Last edited:
It's highly unlikely a new aspirator fan would fail within a year. Just put your ear next to the small vent and you can tell for sure if its the aspirator fan.

I'm stumped as to what the source of the noise could be, but it's very difficult to diagnose these things via a youtube clip. Is there someone knowledgeable you can take the car to in the Philippines?

I'm stumped as to what the source of the noise could be, but it's very difficult to diagnose these things via a youtube clip. Is there someone knowledgeable you can take the car to in the Philippines?

I will try to do a process of elimination prior to sending it out. The sound comes and goes and sometimes the CEL light comes on as the irritating sound is buzzing. Your right, could be the amp. It's been stormy here and I haven't had the chance to go to the office.

To rule out the stereo/speakers, pull the fuse. That should cut power to the speakers and doesn't take long.

Have you put your ear down to the opening of the aspirator fan? Even though it's new it should not be ruled out.

It sound like a mechanical part of tape player. If not start with your stereo by disconnecting the connector on all of your amp there is 3of them one on each door and the sub and rear center amp is in passenger footwell under the carpet. Mine had a thicking sound similar to yours but mine is intermittent and it goes with the rev of my engine. I had to bypass the stock amp and install a 4 ch amp that i had laying around for 15 years and it still works and elliminate my thicking problem.

NSX in Manila!!!! :eek: = Cool!!!! :cool:

Kamusta and Congrats (ayos pare. LOL)

I was Born and Raised there. Went to school in Ateneo.
I just cant imagine how cool it will be to drive an NSX in Manila, i bet its awsome!!! well except during rush hour, No one obeys the traffic rules. lol

Last time i was in Manila was about 3 yrs ago the only cool Honda i saw was a White RHD Integra Type-R in a used car lot, it was sitting next to a Skyline, it was in Quezon City. But NEVER saw an NSX!!! :biggrin:

We re planning on visiting sometime in Jan next year. Not sure yet. Will hit you up.

Again congratulations on your purchase.

It sound like a mechanical part of tape player. If not start with your stereo by disconnecting the connector on all of your amp there is 3of them one on each door and the sub and rear center amp is in passenger footwell under the carpet. Mine had a thicking sound similar to yours but mine is intermittent and it goes with the rev of my engine. I had to bypass the stock amp and install a 4 ch amp that i had laying around for 15 years and it still works and elliminate my thicking problem.

For some reason...I haven't heard the sound go off in a couple of drives. Very strange..hoping for the best.

YES SIR, IN MANILA.

There are less than 5 units total in the Philippines. I am still trying to gather info as to where they are. In any case, drop me a line on your next visit. I am in the Bay area at least once a year.

NSX in Manila!!!! :eek: = Cool!!!! :cool:

Kamusta and Congrats (ayos pare. LOL)

I was Born and Raised there. Went to school in Ateneo.
I just cant imagine how cool it will be to drive an NSX in Manila, i bet its awsome!!! well except during rush hour, No one obeys the traffic rules. lol

Last time i was in Manila was about 3 yrs ago the only cool Honda i saw was a White RHD Integra Type-R in a used car lot, it was sitting next to a Skyline, it was in Quezon City. But NEVER saw an NSX!!! :biggrin:

We re planning on visiting sometime in Jan next year. Not sure yet. Will hit you up.

Again congratulations on your purchase.

Enjoying the NSX more and more...

P1020934.jpg

In good company...

P1020935.jpg

Welcomme to the comunity Pinoy :) I am half Phillippinas and Norwagian. I was in Manilla last year. I only saw some high power skylines in some tuningshops down there. But never a Nsx.
I recon is quite an expencive car down there. I saw a skyline gtr in davao that was priced 1,200 000 php. Just think how much the nsx will cost for local people..

Welcomme to the comunity Pinoy :) I am half Phillippinas and Norwagian. I was in Manilla last year. I only saw some high power skylines in some tuningshops down there. But never a Nsx.
I recon is quite an expencive car down there. I saw a skyline gtr in davao that was priced 1,200 000 php. Just think how much the nsx will cost for local people..

So are you based in Europe?

Jupp, I live on the west coast of norway. I am maybe planing a trip to manilla in desember month. I always wanted to se the subicbay race way, have you tried your car there ?

-Tom

I just received the car two months ago. I will try out soon...there are a couple of other race tracks around here that's closer to Manila.

Can anyone please suggest a replacement Jack with part number: 89310-SL0-A01?

Maybe Honda has the same model with diff'rent part number which is priced a lot lower.

Thanks guys.

Filipinos know how to FLOSS for sure. Be very careful about who works on your car there, it's generally easy to maintain but, when big things need to be changed such as clutch find someone as reputable as possible.

I'm suppose to visit next year and I hope to run into an exotics run or something because nobody can party like those people!!!

An updated look on my NSX with 17/18 Enkei PF01. Springs will soon to follow.

P1030025_zpsaa69299e.jpg

Nice aesthetic upgrade! I thought those wheels would look good on an nsx....they sure do! :)

Back