• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New AutoArt NSX Diecast model

NSXkur said:
I think AutoArt is one of the good company to make die - cast model

all of them are look real............

only NSX 1:18 TAKATA # 18 is available after Jan 2006

all the rest ( to be advised )

definitely look real .........

and they are all base on the 2003 NSX GT500 season

whatisreal7 said:
NSXkur, since you know the guy, any chance for a group-buy? I think on this thread, you can get 10-20? Let us know!

I'm sure he can do a group buy........

I'm picking up my one tomorrow from him :biggrin:

I picked mine up in a shop in Covina last weekend....the guy behind woking there said that it had been on his shelf for about a week before..:smile:

This is the first diecast I've bought. The detail and workmanship is so nice that I couldn't pass it up. Just hope it isn't the beginning down another slippery slope....

rowr said:
Just hope it isn't the beginning down another slippery slope....

It's too late. Once you start, you can't stop.

I have an entire guestroom full of this "crack" - hundreds and hundreds of Hotwheel, Matchbox, etc and near 200 1/18 models of various cars. Not too many 1/24, now that I think about it...DAMNIT...now I'm thinking I need some 1/24 to match the 1/64 and 1/18 cars....see, it never stops. :biggrin:

Oh BTW - I'm in for the group buy on the AutoArt NSX, and if it comes in different colors, I want those too. Please, whoever is setting that up, keep us updated.

mickeylex said:

I have an entire guestroom full of this "crack" - hundreds and hundreds of Hotwheel, Matchbox, etc and near 200 1/18 models of various cars. Not too many 1/24, now that I think about it...DAMNIT...now I'm thinking I need some 1/24 to match the 1/64 and 1/18 cars....see, it never stops. :biggrin:

Oh BTW - I'm in for the group buy on the AutoArt NSX, and if it comes in different colors, I want those too. Please, whoever is setting that up, keep us updated.

They have one color only

http://www.aa-collection.com/cgi-bin/autoartshopping/80399.html

but they have another 2 x design will coming soon.... i will buy all of them as well....i got more than 200 hundreds of Autoart models in my garage havent open yet.....

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
pocket-rockets...

:rolleyes:
mickeylex said:
...and near 200 1/18 models of various cars.

mickeylex/Nalesh, that is beyond words!?! :eek: I hope you have them included in your home-owners insurance policy! That's some serious change there. Post some pics whenever you get a chance and give us a list. I don't even think I have 200 of anything... :biggrin:

That is the VERY reason I've limited my 1:18 collection to ultimate, fantasy dream-cars during different periods of my life (ie. GM#3 Monte-Carlo, Testarossa, F50, etc'...). I've never encountered 1:18 NSX diecasts in person other than Muscle-Machine Tuners or Motor Max '02-'05. Online, the Kyosho, Revel/Ebbro/Jouef are all priced inflatedly & their parcel costs at times equal the asking price... :rolleyes:

Instead, I got a dozen 1:43 NSX diecasts, and got them re-finished in OEM colors! Though, they all have the phat-5 spokerz... :tongue:

I actually built quite a few 1:24 NSX models from Revel, Tamiya, and others over the years. Though they didn't age well and more or less look like the NSX'es found on Craiglist or salvage-auctions... :redface:

So now, I've gone ol' skool... 1:64!!! Sure you need a diamond-dealer's lens to notice the details, but talk about space saving & bank account, haha!

Re: pocket-rockets...

Osiris_x11 said:
mickeylex/Nalesh, that is beyond words!?! :eek: I hope you have them included in your home-owners insurance policy! That's some serious change there. Post some pics whenever you get a chance and give us a list. I don't even think I have 200 of anything... :biggrin:
-------

That's a very good point about adding them to my homeowners policy; I never thought about it terms of $ value and loss. Thanks for the tip.

Yes. It's crazy, but I've slowed down on collecting quite a bit. I used to keep a list, but stopped b/c everytime I went to the mall, toy store, Target, etc, I came home with more cars...updating the list became a chore. The last time I counted I had about 160 1/18 cars in the guest room (various models)...then I bought more, put them on the floor, in the garage, etc...so I probably have somewhere near 180 or more 1/18 cars in total. I won't even get started with the 1/64 models - I have them in storage boxes in the closets, still in the bags from the toy store, etc. :eek:

Since my wife is also into cars, she allows me some space in the house to display my toys.
Our house is small, but I make it all fit.

I collect all brands (AutoArt, Maisto, Bburago, Joef, Kyosho, UT, Muscle Machines, Revell, Anson, Dub, Hotwheel, Sun Star, Welly, and others that are not well known/no-name).

Here a few pics to give you an idea:

This is what you see when you walk in (still updating the cars in the glass shelf - that's why you see the S2K in a box on top):
9023DSC03490_edited-2.jpg

9023DSC03491_edited-2.jpg

Next, the (NSX) guestroom (the plastic bags you see at the bottom of the picture are bags of cars I haven't even looked at since I bought them - it's a sickness, I know):
9023DSC03496_edited-2.jpg

This is the top 1/3 of one of two shelving units in the guest room:
9023DSC03494_edited-2.jpg

This is the middle 1/3 of the same unit:
9023DSC03495_edited-2.jpg

I didn't show the bottom 1/3 (stuff on the floor blocking the cars), but you get the idea.

That's one unit. I have one just like it packed with cars in another corner of the room, and now I've started one in the garage (not to mention the cars that are sitting on the floor in the guestroom)

BTW: You can get the Kyosho Red NSX at www.exoticar.com. It's still $50 there, but I think that's better than eBay prices. Exoticar Item Number: 8082

Sorry for the off-topic.

Back on topic: Can anyone get these new AutoArt NSXs for less than than the $75 MSRP?

Last edited:

I want the 04 Epson, 04 Raybrig, and 03 Mugen....

Group Buy please......

Nalesh,

My god you have quite a collection of model cars... What time does the Tour start in your guestroom and how much are the tickets? Does the Tour include a BBQ?

I want a room like that... but I would have to kick out one of the kids... hmmm...

Mike

mickeylex said:
Osiris_x11 said:
-------

That's a very good point about adding them to my homeowners policy; I never thought about it terms of $ value and loss. Thanks for the tip.

Yes. It's crazy, but I've slowed down on collecting quite a bit. I used to keep a list, but stopped b/c everytime I went to the mall, toy store, Target, etc, I came home with more cars...updating the list became a chore. The last time I counted I had about 160 1/18 cars in the guest room (various models)...then I bought more, put them on the floor, in the garage, etc...so I probably have somewhere near 180 or more 1/18 cars in total. I won't even get started with the 1/64 models - I have them in storage boxes in the closets, still in the bags from the toy store, etc. :eek:

Since my wife is also into cars, she allows me some space in the house to display my toys.
Our house is small, but I make it all fit.

I collect all brands (AutoArt, Maisto, Bburago, Joef, Kyosho, UT, Muscle Machines, Revell, Anson, Dub, Hotwheel, Sun Star, Welly, and others that are not well known/no-name).

Here a few pics to give you an idea:

This is what you see when you walk in (still updating the cars in the glass shelf - that's why you see the S2K in a box on top):
9023DSC03490_edited-2.jpg

9023DSC03491_edited-2.jpg

Next, the (NSX) guestroom (the plastic bags you see at the bottom of the picture are bags of cars I haven't even looked at since I bought them - it's a sickness, I know):
9023DSC03496_edited-2.jpg

This is the top 1/3 of one of two shelving units in the guest room:
9023DSC03494_edited-2.jpg

This is the middle 1/3 of the same unit:
9023DSC03495_edited-2.jpg

I didn't show the bottom 1/3 (stuff on the floor blocking the cars), but you get the idea.

That's one unit. I have one just like it packed with cars in another corner of the room, and now I've started one in the garage (not to mention the cars that are sitting on the floor in the guestroom)

BTW: You can get the Kyosho Red NSX at www.exoticar.com. It's still $50 there, but I think that's better than eBay prices. Exoticar Item Number: 8082

Sorry for the off-topic.

Back on topic: Can anyone get these new AutoArt NSXs for less than than the $75 MSRP?

PLEASE contact NSXkur he definitely can help you guys . . .

Freebased enamel & acrylic...

mickeylex/Nalesh, thanks for the Kyosho 1:18 link... I'm on that, that's VERY fair considering I usually see $75-$100+ and $35-$45+ s/h from China, Brazil, or Macau... :biggrin: Oh yea... collection rocks, I'm speechless again.

Ok fellow junkies... if there are multiple colors offered for the same style/spec' model (ie. 1:18 '02-'05 Motor Max NSX: red-yellow-blue, 1:18 '02+ Kyosho Type_S: red-white-black, and others...), what do you do: get each color of each model or is one color of a particular model of one brand enough... :confused:

Also: better to keep package sealed & model untouched?... ok to display model outside of package, but keep packaging for later 'resale' or storage?... ok if you do take into the tub w/ you, just be sure to dry if off later? :tongue:

Re: Freebased enamel & acrylic...

Osiris_x11 said:
Ok fellow junkies... if there are multiple colors offered for the same style/spec' model (ie. 1:18 '02-'05 Motor Max NSX: red-yellow-blue, 1:18 '02+ Kyosho Type_S: red-white-black, and others...), what do you do: get each color of each model or is one color of a particular model of one brand enough... :confused:

Also: better to keep package sealed & model untouched?... ok to display model outside of package, but keep packaging for later 'resale' or storage?... ok if you do take into the tub w/ you, just be sure to dry if off later? :tongue:

Well it started out I just wanted one, then one of each model, then one of each color, now I might as well just get them all. Also started collecting others when I bought a lot of 19 (including 1 NSX of course). Had to buy a pack of 4 ITR's to get a black one. A very slippery slope.

diecast.jpg

I think I can stop after about 3 more - An imola orange type-s, red type-s, and yellow 97. That should about do it for the 1:18's I hope! Not bothering to get dupes by different manufactures, gotta draw the line somewhere.

It's probably 'better' to keep them in the box, but I want to enjoy them so I opened them all :)

I'm in on a GB for all 3 of the new Autoarts.

(I tried to order the red from exoticar.com several months ago and they didn't have any, despite it being listed on their site.)

-Josh

Re: Freebased enamel & acrylic...

I just send them an email to them, let's see if they reply....

Wow, quick reply, but not what I was looking for.:frown: :frown:

Hi James,
Please order online. www.aa-collection.com for any of our products.
We do not have discount for the models, but we do lower the S/H charge.
We look forward to receiving your order soon.
Our weekly cut off date for mailordering is Sunday, the following Monday we will acknowledge emails.
Best regards,
Gateway Global Ltd

For those interested...

Big'O said:
Here ya go, b1tches... :tongue:

autoart 80399 1/18 HONDA NSX JGTC 2003' TAKATA DOM #18
http://wildcollections.zoovy.com/c=olM1Dt0GNb5ueDmLubEah6OMc/product/AR80399
Price:64.99

autoart 80397 1/18 HONDA NSX JGTC 2003' G " ZOX MUGEN" #16
http://wildcollections.zoovy.com/c=olM1Dt0GNb5ueDmLubEah6OMc/product/AR80397
Price: $64.99

autoart 80398 1/18 HONDA NSX JGTC 2003' G "RAYBRIG" #100
http://wildcollections.zoovy.com/c=olM1Dt0GNb5ueDmLubEah6OMc/product/AR80398
Price: 64.99

"Group Buy" potential here... already $64.99/each w/o multiple purchase, any discount request, or group buy. So, ala'carte-in`cognito comes out to:
(1) AA NSX 1:18 diecast model: $74.41/shipped
(2) AA NSX 1:18 diecast models: $141.78/shipped
(3) AA NSX 1:18 diecast: $210.38/shipped

Regarding group discount extension, that's also possible:

Subject: Re: FEEDBACK: Group Buys: NSX Auto-Art
To: [email protected]

Thanks for your email. We can setup a group buy program for you. Please
tell me following information:

1. How many pieces you like to order for your group

2. Where you need us to ship the whole package

Then we can figure out the best discount and shipping cost for you.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!

John
www.wildcollections.com

Nota Bena: I/BigO'/Osiris_x11 have no affiliation or financial incentive/interest w/ www.wildcollections.com. It's just a hobby enthusiast site I came across on the 'net & decided to inquire further re: "Group Buy", as per interest noted on this thread.

Back