• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Canadian owner of a 91 BB JH4NA1154MT800256

I can finally say that I'm finally the proud owner of my dream car, the same car that I had the poster up on my bedroom wall in the early 90's. I have to say that I have been chasing this particular car since it went up for sale in early 2013, its a Canadian 1991 black on black with an APX (Angus) turbo setup that works flawlessly. When I found it again up for sale in March of this year it was now in Saskatchewan with the same owner who bough it before I could get to it in 2013. The owner was a really nice easy going guy, he was also a big car guy but more into muscle cars (He also has a 67 GTO, 70 Chevelle SS and a 72 Firebird convertible in his garage) he only bought the NSX as he really loved the look of it but it mostly stayed parked in his garage. The only thing he could say was wrong was the CCU was not working and neither was the radio but I figured it wouldn't. Once we agreed on a price he offered to deliver the car as he was heading down to visit his family in Montreal and pick up a classic Mustang in Toronto. The only speculation I had was it needed to pass an inspection with Cameron at Camco Acura witch he had no problem with doing, well needless to say the car had no other major issues upon inspection besides the radio and CCU no working. I'm really excited to finally be an NSX owner........I wish I could post more pictures but its getting all the maintenance done at the moment and I wont have it back until end of April early May (waiting on parts) This year I will focus on doing all the maintenance and changing the wheels and doing a coilover setup. (I will post more pictures once I have it back)

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 328
Congrats and welcome! Saw this on FB a few days ago myself, glad to see you joined here as well. This is also a car I (and most others I'm sure) had dreamed about since it came out. I also always lusted after the '88 Louts Esprit 40th anniversary and 91' Jim Clark special edition too, but I DEFINITELY know I made the right choice. Even after almost 10 years of ownership, I still get the same feeling driving and just looking at this amazing piece of machinery. Enjoy in great health!

Welcome to the Canadian Club. Too bad you were not closer East. We need more NSX owners.

Congrats and welcome to the ownership club! I'm a '91 BB owner as well .. and also Canadian although my car wasn't.

I don't know how long you've been monitoring Prime so you may or may not know that both the CCU and radio problems are typical and most likely caused by circuit board capacitors that leak and malfunction. There is a vendor on Prime (BrianK) who has been offering reasonably priced repair services for years and you might want to contact him. If you would rather upgrade the sound system instead of repairing it, be aware that the Bose system uses a decentralized amp system where each speaker has it's own amp integrated with it. This makes it more difficult to replace with newer equipment which usually has a centralized amp design. This may also require you to run new wiring to the speakers (not easy) since the existing wiring is smaller gauge because of the decentralized design.

Also, if you're not aware of it, you'll want to familiarize yourself with the NSX Wiki on this site .. which can be accessed from the red action bar at the top of most pages. There is a section on maintenance items .. also one on mods which includes a pointer to some aftermarket wheel stuff. As you might know, Angus (who sells your turbo) also has a thread there on tried-and-true wheel/tire choices. BTW, if you decide to sell your current wheels, I'm in the market.

Enjoy.

Congrats and welcome to the ownership club! I'm a '91 BB owner as well .. and also Canadian although my car wasn't.I don't know how long you've been monitoring Prime so you may or may not know that both the CCU and radio problems are typical and most likely caused by circuit board capacitors that leak and malfunction. There is a vendor on Prime (BrianK) who has been offering reasonably priced repair services for years and you might want to contact him. If you would rather upgrade the sound system instead of repairing it, be aware that the Bose system uses a decentralized amp system where each speaker has it's own amp integrated with it. This makes it more difficult to replace with newer equipment which usually has a centralized amp design. This may also require you to run new wiring to the speakers (not easy) since the existing wiring is smaller gauge because of the decentralized design.Also, if you're not aware of it, you'll want to familiarize yourself with the NSX Wiki on this site .. which can be accessed from the red action bar at the top of most pages. There is a section on maintenance items .. also one on mods which includes a pointer to some aftermarket wheel stuff. As you might know, Angus (who sells your turbo) also has a thread there on tried-and-true wheel/tire choices. BTW, if you decide to sell your current wheels, I'm in the market.Enjoy.
Thanks Ian,I am looking to sell my current OEM wheels (got new wheels) but not sure if it would be worth it for you due to shipping.....

She looks like a nice one! Congrats, drive her like you stole it.:encouragement:
You're lucky to be close to Rob at Octane Motors for service.

Back