• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Member!!! OMG, I finally got one!!!

New Member!!! It arrived today! (pics)

Hello everyone!

So... at long last, I'm an NSX owner. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: 1991 Blk/Blk, 105,000 miles.

The funny/scary thing is that I have yet to see my NSX in person! Even crazier... I've never sat in one. :eek: Before I sound indiscriminate, I have to say that the decision to get the car was made when I first saw an NSX at eight years old (yes, eight)... It wouldn't matter if I were a foot too tall for it and I found out they all self-destruct at 120,000 miles. But, luckily, neither is the case.

It arrives late tonight or early tomorrow (in an enclosed trailer, of course.) I bought it for $23,900 from a great guy named Drew out in Brentwood Tennessee--not sure if he's a member, but I know he has another NSX (NA2, yellow, not sure of the year.) Had it appraised and everything sounds great, but of course I'll be on pins and needles until I get to inspect it with MY own two eyes.

Bone stock engine and interior, aside from 2004 NSX seats and Zanardi mats. I've been looking at NSXs for over a year now, and this is the cleanest example of a '91 I've come across with over 100k, aside from a few on Prime.

I look forward to getting to know the So-Cal crew, and the rest of you as well!

I'll be putting up my own pics as soon as it comes off the truck, but in the meantime, here are some provided by the seller:

Attachments

• DSC00034 (Small).JPG
    DSC00034 (Small).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC00037 (Small).JPG
    DSC00037 (Small).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00041 (Small).JPG
    DSC00041 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00048 (Small).JPG
    DSC00048 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00059 (Small).JPG
    DSC00059 (Small).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Oh and one more thing... does anybody know how to avoid the situation in the picture below? I imagine they'll flatbed it out to me from the shipper's Los Angeles hub, and I don't want to repeat what happened when it was loaded.

The seller said there was no other way to get it on the truck, and that there was no permanent damage, but still...

Attachments

• DSC00068 (Small).JPG
    DSC00068 (Small).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 419
Oh and one more thing... does anybody know how to avoid the situation in the picture below? I imagine they'll flatbed it out to me from the shipper's Los Angeles hub, and I don't want to repeat what happened when it was loaded.

The seller said there was no other way to get it on the truck, and that there was no permanent damage, but still...

:eek: Yikes. There's a tow hook behind a cover I think they coulda used. Or if enclosed trailer couldn't they have driven up on it?

Did you get a PPI at Gary Force in Brentwood?

Congrats.

Welcome and congrats on your new vehicle. I too purchased my NSX without ever driving an NSX, sitting in one, nor did I see mine in person! I guess I became desperate...

Congrats! I too am a recent 1st time NSX owner. Funny thing is that I was looking at your NSX on line about the same time and waffled on it and lost it. I was thinking that it was at a great price and one that you could dump a lot of money in modifications in and still have a nice ride and money left. Oh well things happen for a reason. I think I picked up the one that I really wanted in the end.

You are right it is the cleanest and least expensive example of a '91 that I have seen in over one year with 100K on the odo. It seems like the owner is a long time admirer since he said that he has owned three of them. The car is extra clean and the paint looked good besides a few chips from regular road rash stuff, but still very good for a 16 (soon to be 17) year old car. Enjoy, from what I hear if you routinely maintain the car you can get another 200+K out of it.

As for the flat bed, I have seen some exotics hauled off and some of the flatbed operators have cloth extentions that they add to the chains that are actually up against the car. Also if you are concerned about how they get a low ground clearance vehicle up on the lift some use special wood block chucks to bridge the transition from the street the the flatbed. Hopefully you found an experienced transportation outfit that knows how to handle such a vehicle.

Good luck and have fun with the mods to come!:smile:

Do you plan on keeping it stock?

Not 100%... all of the mods that I'll be doing will be along the lines of a "Gentleman's GT" philosophy. I'll definitely be getting wheels, for example, (Advan 5's?) but probably won't do too much that can't be easily reverted to stock. I don't ever want anybody to look at my NSX and think to themselves, "Another one bit the dust," you know? For example, I really like Randy C.'s, below. And a little side note--despite my personal philosophy on mods, I think Jeff Hoffman's "widebody conversion" is a thing of beauty. (also below)

Did you get a PPI at Gary Force in Brentwood?

No, but Barney at Gary Force (being from Huntsville, I'm sure you know him) did some work on it recently and said it was "mechanically perfect." That, combined with the appraisal, put my mind at ease...

There's a tow hook behind a cover I think they coulda used. Or if enclosed trailer couldn't they have driven up on it?

It was shipped enclosed but picked up and taken to the shipping hub on a flatbed. I used DAS--they seem professional, but I guess that, and their apparent lack of experience with exotics, are things to watch out for.

Funny thing is that I was looking at your NSX on line about the same time and waffled on it and lost it.

My apologies... well, sort of. :wink: I was VERY worried about the same thing, and then decided I just couldn't let this one go. So, I called some buddies over, cracked some celebratory beers, and hit the "buy it now" button.

Also, it's good to hear I'm not the only one who's done a sight unseen purchase. With how rare these are, I figured that might be the case.

Attachments

• nsx_equip_05 (Small).jpg
    nsx_equip_05 (Small).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0566sm (Small).jpg
    DSCF0566sm (Small).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 233
Wow, awesome find, thats a killer price and it looks like it is in great shape.:smile: The engine looks neat and tidy too. I am excited for you. The front end looks pretty unmarked for a car with such mileage, has it been resprayed? The interior looks great too. What is the service history like? TB/WP recently? Snap ring? Clutch?

Enjoy the car! and >>>>>W E L C O M E<<<<<

Congrats. I know the feeling. It's very exciting and I bet you can't sleep till the car is on your driveway. That's very brave of you not to have seen the car before purchase.
I couldn't even buy a pair of jeans online. Good luck and enjoy the new toy.

Congrats on the new purchase! I too bought my NSX without ever setting in one. You'll love the ride. Nothing matches the NSX experience.

BTW - I have a buddy in the Secret Service that lives in Thousand Oaks. You should give him a ride some time. He's a good guy to know.

Cheers to you!

Shaun

yikes...like somone mentioned the tow hook is located on the passenger side front and its covered my a plastic trim piece on the bumper.

The two hooks they attached to in the Pic are strap down hooks.

Congrats BTW

The front end looks pretty unmarked for a car with such mileage, has it been resprayed? The interior looks great too. What is the service history like? TB/WP recently? Snap ring? Clutch?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the paint... the seller directed me to a pic (below) of the front and let me know that the little white spots weren't dust on the lens--they're paint chips. :rolleyes:

The service history is unknown for the first owner but perfect for the second and third (according to the third, and he seems like a stand-up guy.) I'm thinking of calling dealerships in the first owner's area of Massachusetts, but they don't usually keep records longer than two or three years anyway, so if everything looks good I'll probably assume it was properly taken care of.

Luckily it's out of snap ring range, and the timing belt was looked at by Barney at Gary Force and he said it looked practically new, so I'm assuming that (and hopefully the WP) was done at the 90k mark... I'll do the work to look at the TB when I get it just to make sure. I don't know about the clutch... hopefully my first strong second gear pull goes well. :smile:

Shaun Ray, I'd be more than happy to give your buddy a ride sometime, and Votrix, flag me down if you see me; I'll do the same! There's a Brookland Green NSX in Thousand Oaks too... any idea who owns it?

Attachments

• DSC00048 (Small).JPG
    DSC00048 (Small).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 85
I don't think you can really gauge the age of the timing belt too well by inspecting it. That sort of makes me nervous...

I work in Woodland Hills, but don't drive my NSX here too often.

Rock chips are the worst thing about black cars. I wonder if a Black Sharpie would help...:wink: I have a lot too, and my car only has 65K on the odo.

Re: New Member!!! It arrived today! (pics)

It was just as described... almost flawless. :biggrin:

My first drive--ever in an NSX--was amazing. All of the worries I had (will it be slow? will the lack of power steering bug me? etc...) were totally assuaged. And I still can't believe a 17 year-old car can be so pristine.

Attachments

• IMG_9462flip (Large).jpg
    IMG_9462flip (Large).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 163
I also bought mine site unseen 2000 miles away, except for lots of pics. It was exactly as the owner decribed right down to the few flaws. It's good to know there are still honest people. For the short time I've been a part of this site, seems the majority of NSX owners are very honest.:smile: BTW that interior is cleeeeaaaan.

Re: New Member!!! It arrived today! (pics)

It was just as described... almost flawless. :biggrin:

My first drive--ever in an NSX--was amazing. All of the worries I had (will it be slow? will the lack of power steering bug me? etc...) were totally assuaged. And I still can't believe a 17 year-old car can be so pristine.

I can feel the enthusiasm in your post...you are loving life my friend.

Congrats bro! I too have a similar experience! I went and saw my car 11 months ago...it was very snowy and icy out so I was unable to test drive the car...lol...and I still remember the feeling and the rush of seeing the car in Stevo's detached singel car garage. I felt like I was viewing an F1 McClaren...it was a total rush! I knew that this car was for me and the 120,000 miles did not bother me at all! Till this day, I have not had a problem with the car...oh, I lied...the only problem that I have had is the constant attention that the car has recieved - and at times it is almost bothersome...lol...but the car is a dream-car to others...so I take the time to oblige their curiosity and interest. Enjoy your black beauty - and do enter the realm of modification - Stevo did an amazing job with the car that he sold me...I especially love the awesome Ferrari sound of the Dali exhaust, the Tien Flex suspension, the Wings West Body Kit and the Niche rims. I have not entered the realm of engine mods like a SC or Turbo as my baby is an automatic - and I would hate to burn the tranny!:eek:

Sounds like you already got your Christmas present this year...so enjoy...and welcome to family:wink:

Dam...God's speed all:cool:

Image00999.jpg

I have owned many many cars in my day, but honsetly there has been no better feeling of excitement or anticipation other than the birth of my daughter than the night the transport truck arrived at 10:00pm and opened the back then removed the car cover. There was something about removing that cover. It felt like he was unveiling it.:wink:

i dont know if this was covered
but it looks like the seats were recovered to the newer style or just done in general
because for the mileage wow thats clean
as well it doesnt really look the same seats wise as mine

Shaun Ray, I'd be more than happy to give your buddy a ride sometime, and Votrix, flag me down if you see me; I'll do the same! There's a Brookland Green NSX in Thousand Oaks too... any idea who owns it?

Don't know the BPG NSX owner but we greenies have to stick together. I envy that you can drive that beautiful car most any day in your neck of the woods (It is freezing here in Doo-Dah:mad: ). I'll forward your PM information to Darin. PM me if you want to share your email or phone. Since he's mister SS special agent man, I'll let him make the contact but I bet he'd enjoy the ride!

Later,
Shaun

Back