• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Member!!! OMG, I finally got one!!!

Not 100%... all of the mods that I'll be doing will be along the lines of a "Gentleman's GT" philosophy. I'll definitely be getting wheels, for example, (Advan 5's?) but probably won't do too much that can't be easily reverted to stock. I don't ever want anybody to look at my NSX and think to themselves, "Another one bit the dust," you know? For example, I really like Randy C.'s, below. And a little side note--despite my personal philosophy on mods, I think Jeff Hoffman's "widebody conversion" is a thing of beauty. (also below)

No, but Barney at Gary Force (being from Huntsville, I'm sure you know him) did some work on it recently and said it was "mechanically perfect." That, combined with the appraisal, put my mind at ease...

It was shipped enclosed but picked up and taken to the shipping hub on a flatbed. I used DAS--they seem professional, but I guess that, and their apparent lack of experience with exotics, are things to watch out for.

My apologies... well, sort of. :wink: I was VERY worried about the same thing, and then decided I just couldn't let this one go. So, I called some buddies over, cracked some celebratory beers, and hit the "buy it now" button.

Also, it's good to hear I'm not the only one who's done a sight unseen purchase. With how rare these are, I figured that might be the case.

Once the mods start it will go way further than you intended.:biggrin: Mods don't ruin a car.....bad taste does. Congrats on your purchase!:smile:

I envy that you can drive that beautiful car most any day in your neck of the woods (It is freezing here in Doo-Dah:mad: ).

I remember those days well... I'm originally from Rush Center, a little south of Hays, KS. Can't say that I miss the cold at all, but I do miss the people. Having lived there, I can only imagine my reaction if I had seen an NSX in the middle of Kansas... good or bad, you must get tons of attention!

I'm off to drive... :smile:

And:
>>>>>>Thank you all very much for the warm welcome!<<<<<<<<

I Was kidding about the sharpie, but thanks for the great link!:smile: I think I'll order a kit and if it looks good enough afterwards, I'll get the 3M ClearBra done.

I know you were, I was just giving you a hard time. I've been busy installing coilovers and rotors (threw my back out in the process...uggh), but when I return to the garage, I'm going to experiment with the Dr.Colorchip inside my rear wheel well. That way if I mess something up, no biggie. When I feel like I've mastered it, I'll move to the front.

Almost every review I've read about the stuff is positive. Check out the before/after pics on their web site.

kudos to you and your buddies.I Live in the Nashville area and was driving to look at Drew's car when he called and said someone had just clicked the buy it now option:rolleyes: .As I was only 10 mins away I said I'd come look at it anyway - in case the deal didn't pan out.One look and I told him I'd buy it if you didn't coff up!
Unfortunately you did - congrats again on a nice car - the hunt continues.

Congrats bro! I too have a similar experience! I went and saw my car 11 months ago...it was very snowy and icy out so I was unable to test drive the car...lol...and I still remember the feeling and the rush of seeing the car in Stevo's detached singel car garage. I felt like I was viewing an F1 McClaren...it was a total rush! I knew that this car was for me and the 120,000 miles did not bother me at all! Till this day, I have not had a problem with the car...oh, I lied...the only problem that I have had is the constant attention that the car has recieved - and at times it is almost bothersome...lol...but the car is a dream-car to others...so I take the time to oblige their curiosity and interest. Enjoy your black beauty - and do enter the realm of modification - Stevo did an amazing job with the car that he sold me...I especially love the awesome Ferrari sound of the Dali exhaust, the Tien Flex suspension, the Wings West Body Kit and the Niche rims. I have not entered the realm of engine mods like a SC or Turbo as my baby is an automatic - and I would hate to burn the tranny!:eek:

Sounds like you already got your Christmas present this year...so enjoy...and welcome to family:wink:

Dam...God's speed all:cool:

View attachment 38424

Hey, what type of bodykit is on your NSX? Thanks!

kudos to you and your buddies.I Live in the Nashville area and was driving to look at Drew's car when he called and said someone had just clicked the buy it now option:rolleyes: .As I was only 10 mins away I said I'd come look at it anyway - in case the deal didn't pan out.One look and I told him I'd buy it if you didn't coff up!
Unfortunately you did - congrats again on a nice car - the hunt continues.

You're the second one on this thread who was about to buy it as well! It is a great car, no doubt, but it looks like the snap-ring may be broken - even though it's out of range. I have another thread on here--"funny noise... need help"--that details the whole thing. So, I'm glad I got the car but it looks like you may have avoided a bit of a headache!

I guess the best part of a car like this is that you can drive it without worrying about value deprecation cause by high mileage :)

Perhaps a relative high milage NSX isn't a bad idea after all... One fellow here recommended me this route of purchase once... I don't know yet.

Hope you enjoy it, I'm right after you hopefully with another "OMG I FINALLY GOT IT WOHOOOO" thread :)

Votrix, flag me down if you see me; I'll do the same! There's a Brookland Green NSX in Thousand Oaks too... any idea who owns it?

Not sure who owns the Brookland, but there are about 5 NSXs (2 Blk, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Silver) that I've seen at my company.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for you.

Congrats, you did good. Now enjoy your NSX.:smile:

Welcome to the family...

Back