• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Delayed

Complaints from the test team? Because a complaint from the media or public at this point would either be A. unfounded, as no one has driven the car or B. not fixable in a few months time. It's not like Acura could revamp the interior or dramatically restyle the exterior by Spring 2016.
obvious troll is obvious, but not to you lol

Relatively good news: "Acura confirmed today that deliveries of the all-wheel-drive NSX have been pushed back to the first quarter of 2016. . . . The company has already started building the car in very limited quantities."

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...delays-nsx-launch-until-first-quarter-of-2016

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/acura-nsx-delayed-againheres-when-it-will-be-available-we-hope

IMHO, this is relatively good news because the initial reports of a delay stated that production would not begin until the Spring, which places initial deliveries in the late Spring/Summer. Deliveries in the first quarter means that cars will be on the streets by March 31, as opposed to the Summer.

Now I have a small predicament. Based upon the initial delay reports, I placed an order for a GTS (December-January delivery). I would much prefer the NSX. Now I must quickly decide whether to retain my GTS order, or abandon it and cross my fingers that Acura does not further delay the NSX.

Relatively good news: "Acura confirmed today that deliveries of the all-wheel-drive NSX have been pushed back to the first quarter of 2016. . . . The company has already started building the car in very limited quantities."

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...delays-nsx-launch-until-first-quarter-of-2016

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/acura-nsx-delayed-againheres-when-it-will-be-available-we-hope

IMHO, this is relatively good news because the initial reports of a delay stated that production would not begin until the Spring, which places initial deliveries in the late Spring/Summer. Deliveries in the first quarter means that cars will be on the streets by March 31, as opposed to the Summer.

Now I have a small predicament. Based upon the initial delay reports, I placed an order for a GTS (December-January delivery). I would much prefer the NSX. Now I must quickly decide whether to retain my GTS order, or abandon it and cross my fingers that Acura does not further delay the NSX.

911GTS? 981GTS? Or something else like a Mercedes GT-S?

Run of the mill P-cars depreciate quickly.

If you are 100% sure that you want a NSX and you have a stone clad agreement that you will be getting one at MSRP, then maybe it might be worth waiting for the NSX.

911GTS? 981GTS? Or something else like a Mercedes GT-S?

Run of the mill P-cars depreciate quickly.

If you are 100% sure that you want a NSX and you have a stone clad agreement that you will be getting one at MSRP, then maybe it might be worth waiting for the NSX.

My apologies on the lack of clarity . . . Mercedes GT-S. I actually had a GT-S on order when Acura released the NSX last Spring. I cancelled my GT-S order because I thought I would receive the NSX this year. Then, when it appeared that the NSX would not be available until next Summer, I became frustrated and circled back to the GT-S (even though I prefer the NSX). Now, I am strongly leaning towards going back to the NSX (particularly because, if the NSX does actually arrive in the first quarter, if will not be long after I would receive the GT-S).

No "stone clad agreement," nor 100% certainty . . . merely a non-binding written assurance from a client/friend.

My apologies on the lack of clarity . . . Mercedes GT-S. I actually had a GT-S on order when Acura released the NSX last Spring. I cancelled my GT-S order because I thought I would receive the NSX this year. Then, when it appeared that the NSX would not be available until next Summer, I became frustrated and circled back to the GT-S (even though I prefer the NSX). Now, I am strongly leaning towards going back to the NSX (particularly because, if the NSX does actually arrive in the first quarter, if will not be long after I would receive the GT-S).No "stone clad agreement," nor 100% certainty . . . merely a non-binding written assurance from a client/friend.
Both cars will be amazing. Go with your gut, either way, you're probably going to be happy :)

Good luck. I too was interested in an NSX a few years ago, but ended up going with a new 12C. Let's just say, it was not good. Spent more time in the shop and any car should. Dumped the 12C and bought a new Huracan. Couldn't be more pleased.

What year was the 12C? I had a '12 Gallardo that started out great but then became nothing but a source of frustration. Thus, I have no compelling interest at the moment to go back to VAG.

My apologies on the lack of clarity . . . Mercedes GT-S. I actually had a GT-S on order when Acura released the NSX last Spring. I cancelled my GT-S order because I thought I would receive the NSX this year. Then, when it appeared that the NSX would not be available until next Summer, I became frustrated and circled back to the GT-S (even though I prefer the NSX). Now, I am strongly leaning towards going back to the NSX (particularly because, if the NSX does actually arrive in the first quarter, if will not be long after I would receive the GT-S).

No "stone clad agreement," nor 100% certainty . . . merely a non-binding written assurance from a client/friend.

The GTS will be a good buy. For starters, i like the interior better lol, but id also be willing to bet that it will be easier to tune if you are dumb like me and always want more power. And finally, itll proabbly make better noises than the NSX will with exhaust.

Rolled on TOV is saying that the feedback given relates to the look of the exhaust, engine bay, hood vents and interior. If it really is those things they could at least fix the engine bay trim,vents, and exhaust styling. Don't know that they could do much to improve the interior this late in the game. Personally I don't like all of the exposed aluminum, if it were carbon fiber I think it would look a lot better.

Last edited:
This really sucks, big time.

The new NSX should've came out like several years ago when GT-R and LFA were introduced.
Honda is just SOOO SLOW at their work.

While Honda is struggling to introduce new NSX, Nissan is already moving on to R36 GT-R, which is much faster than the current R35. This shows how overdue the new NSX is.

nissan-2020-vision-gran-turismo-concept.jpg

Large%20Image_10603.jpg

nissan-gt-concept-2020.jpg

iddb0rli9zfrfya1xy2k.jpg

I heard that the new GTR will be a sedan.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1508_we_h...dan_version_of_next_nissan_gt_r_by_2018s.html

- - - Updated - - -

LOL... Just trying to blend in with the sarcastic NSX cliques.....

- - - Updated - - -

Apple CarPlay? Honda is listed as a partner, but not Acura for some reason.... Shame not to have this latest tech. on a halo vehicle.

How about Android?

- - - Updated - - -

Rolled on TOV is saying that the feedback given relates to the look of the exhaust, engine bay, hood vents and interior. If it really is those things they could at least fix the engine bay trim,vents, and exhaust styling. Don't know that they could do much to improve the interior this late in the game. Personally I don't like all of the exposed aluminum, if it were carbon fiber I think it would look a lot better.

Exposed metal is what I like..... If I can easily remove it for powder coating for more of a bespoked look.

I heard that the new GTR will be a sedan

idk i jus get my gtr info from my friend who likes to buy nissans top stuff. like getting one of the old original r34 z-tunes

The GTS will be a good buy. For starters, i like the interior better lol, but id also be willing to bet that it will be easier to tune if you are dumb like me and always want more power. And finally, itll proabbly make better noises than the NSX will with exhaust.

The GT-S interior is stellar!

The GT-S is very easy to tune for big HP/TQ gains. The problem is traction. Even with stock power, the GT-S breaks loose on hard launches.

The GT-S does indeed make lots of noise in the performance modes . . . it snaps, crackles and pops . . . even louder if you replace the down pipes with a catless after-market product . . . there is a button to quiet the exhaust note,

Personally I don't like all of the exposed aluminum, if it were carbon fiber I think it would look a lot better.

Moar carbon fiber!

The GT-S is very easy to tune for big HP/TQ gains. The problem is traction. Even with stock power, the GT-S breaks loose on hard launches.

The GT-S does indeed make lots of noise in the performance modes . . . it snaps, crackles and pops . . . even louder if you replace the down pipes with a catless after-market product . . . there is a button to quiet the exhaust note,
meh who wants a quiet mode. only good for highschoolers sneaking out.

and yea i figured traction would b an issue. mercedes can never seem to figure it out, i kno they like torque but come on, especially the new c amg s only has 275 rears... but less traction does = more fun. id b interested to see what a tune does on a gts tho :)

meh who wants a quiet mode. only good for highschoolers sneaking out.

And married men whose wives are not keen on loud cars. :mad:

and yea i figured traction would b an issue. mercedes can never seem to figure it out, i kno they like torque but come on, especially the new c amg s only has 275 rears... but less traction does = more fun. id b interested to see what a tune does on a gts tho :)

Agreed. If the GT-S was AWD and launched a tad better, I would probably already own it.

Imagine if the C7 ZO6 were AWD . . . imagine when . . . that could be a game changer.

For the money, I don't think there's a sports car with a better interior. The exterior is a little bit meh to me and I don't particularly trust MB reliability but that interior is something one could fall in love with. That twin turbo V8 is not bad either.

And married men whose wives are not keen on loud cars. :mad:

Agreed. If the GT-S was AWD and launched a tad better, I would probably already own it.

Imagine if the C7 ZO6 were AWD . . . imagine when . . . that could be a game changer.

O yea that's a good point and slightly brilliant as i imagine thats more of the majority. If she doesn't like loud cars why you marry her?... JK JK JK JK

But omg it would b amazing with awd (both)
HEY GM, you payin attention?

Back