• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Delayed

Yea because the GTR was engineered so well when it first came out... if you over look the exploding transmissions. And how can you talk ab out buying an LFA if you wouldnt spend the money on a 488... Also we can't talk about "Honda reliability" for a couple reasons:

1 - their engines are doing so well in F1 this year...

2 - They've never done this. They have never attempted a production car of this magnitude. Torque is the biggest killer of reliability in powertrain which is why their cars are "so reliable" because a mouse makes more torque than most of their production line. And if you don't think this car is going to cost a "fortune" to run you very confused. Ferrari charged me 150 and hour for labor and Acura already charges me 135 and hour labor for my nsx which will most likely increase for this new one.

Very well said. Old myths just don't hold true anymore. I've never had problems with my German cars.

This really sucks, big time.

The new NSX should've came out like several years ago when GT-R and LFA were introduced.
Honda is just SOOO SLOW at their work.

While Honda is struggling to introduce new NSX, Nissan is already moving on to R36 GT-R, which is much faster than the current R35. This shows how overdue the new NSX is.

nissan-2020-vision-gran-turismo-concept.jpg

Large%20Image_10603.jpg

nissan-gt-concept-2020.jpg

iddb0rli9zfrfya1xy2k.jpg

^^ Wow, I'm speechless!! That has to be the ugliest thing on 4 wheels. And, in my opinion, the previous record was another Nissan disaster .. the Juke

Thats a car from a video game. It is highly unlikely that the R36 will look even remotely similar.

I doubt very much that the effect of a delay is lost on Honda.
They are surely aware of the rate of evolution in this segment and what new cars are in the pipeline.

I would hope their decision came down to whether they should gamble on a premature launch for the sake of getting a car on the road or waiting until it was done to Honda standards.
A too early launch of a car plagued by various issues is not soon forgotten in the market and never forgotten by those who bought it.

The delay in the launch of a superior car is soon forgotten.

Kudos to Honda for waiting until the NSX is right before releasing it to new owners.
Shows great corporate maturity.

Don't think it has anything to do with "corporate maturity". The car is simply not ready for market for whatever reason. It may never be known the real reason for the delay but the complexity of a car with an ICE and 3 electric motors should be obvious. Honda has had more than sufficient time to work out the bugs.

Hope you did your homework first, and resolved your depreciation concerns. And don't run into any quality and reliability issues that seem to plague them.

I spent nearly six months evaluating the car and the brand, while I waited on the NSX rollout. Having spoken to a number of owners, most had no issues whatsoever. In fact, nearly all indicated that the car got better the more it is driven. Most of the reliability concerns are overstated by people with no real-world experience...just re-telling stories they heard somewhere. A bit like the knick on Range Rovers for the same reason. Yet, I've owned four new trucks since the redesign two years ago, and not a single issue to speak of.

The real point here is that, I got tired of waiting for what I believe will be a pretty great car. However, as this news permiates through the auto world, it will definitely affect the interest in the car.

I spent nearly six months evaluating the car and the brand, while I waited on the NSX rollout. Having spoken to a number of owners, most had no issues whatsoever. In fact, nearly all indicated that the car got better the more it is driven. Most of the reliability concerns are overstated by people with no real-world experience...just re-telling stories they heard somewhere. A bit like the knick on Range Rovers for the same reason. Yet, I've owned four new trucks since the redesign two years ago, and not a single issue to speak of.

The real point here is that, I got tired of waiting for what I believe will be a pretty great car. However, as this news permiates through the auto world, it will definitely affect the interest in the car.

This is why im probably going to buy one as well!

Very well said. Old myths just don't hold true anymore. I've never had problems with my German cars.

You are one of the lucky ones. If you ever visit M-5 board or MBworld you would think differently. I currently have a 2014 Porsche Cayman S, but with a warranty until 2020. It will be sold before that date, for sure.

This news is very disappointing and almost hard to believe. It feels like they bit off more than they can chew. Makes what Porsche accomplished with the 918 all the more impressive.

Don't think it has anything to do with "corporate maturity". The car is simply not ready for market for whatever reason. It may never be known the real reason for the delay but the complexity of a car with an ICE and 3 electric motors should be obvious. Honda has had more than sufficient time to work out the bugs.

I would guess you are right that it is the electric motors and how they interact with the V-6 but they continue to blame the new longitudinal position of the ICE and the turbos as the culprit. Feels disingenuous.

Honestly, I was surprised that they were just testing the car in the real world in June with a scheduled launch just 3-6 months later. Felt rushed. Seems like McLaren tested the P1 for a solid year.

I am glad they are not starting production if it just isn't ready but I am concerned that this may not be the last delay.

I'm sure like in any corporate structure there are constant battles between the designers/engineers and the suits...those who write the checks want product.....those who make it need to appease them... Ted probably could write a nice book....

Yea because the GTR was engineered so well when it first came out... if you over look the exploding transmissions. And how can you talk ab out buying an LFA if you wouldnt spend the money on a 488... Also we can't talk about "Honda reliability" for a couple reasons:

1 - their engines are doing so well in F1 this year...

2 - They've never done this. They have never attempted a production car of this magnitude. Torque is the biggest killer of reliability in powertrain which is why their cars are "so reliable" because a mouse makes more torque than most of their production line. And if you don't think this car is going to cost a "fortune" to run you very confused. Ferrari charged me 150 and hour for labor and Acura already charges me 135 and hour labor for my nsx which will most likely increase for this new one.

You missed my point on the LFA. If I could figure out if the price was going up or down in the near future I would buy one. I think they very well may go up in value much like the Ford Gt, however, they may go down before going up. The 488 will surely lose 150 K in 5 years, the LFA may go up 150K in 5 years. Just like the stock market, hindsight is always 20/20. Just not ready to take the risk yet on one. A stunning car in my opinion.

Well I lost patience and bought a GT-R. And, my transmission hasn't exploded yet... :tongue:

You missed my point on the LFA. If I could figure out if the price was going up or down in the near future I would buy one. I think they very well may go up in value much like the Ford Gt, however, they may go down before going up. The 488 will surely lose 150 K in 5 years, the LFA may go up 150K in 5 years. Just like the stock market, hindsight is always 20/20. Just not ready to take the risk yet on one. A stunning car in my opinion.
all u said was u wouldnt drop "458/488 money on a car", which both of those are 100k less than a LFA... anyway the LFA will potentially go up in value but never by much, mainly because it accomplished nothing. it was an overpriced GT car with no cupholders. but on the other hand the 458 (especially any Speciale) will undoubtedly go up in value as they are very good on maintenance and, more importantly, the last of the NA V8s

all u said was u wouldnt drop "458/488 money on a car", which both of those are 100k less than a LFA... anyway the LFA will potentially go up in value but never by much, mainly because it accomplished nothing. it was an overpriced GT car with no cupholders. but on the other hand the 458 (especially any Speciale) will undoubtedly go up in value as they are very good on maintenance and, more importantly, the last of the NA V8s

Around 20,000 458's have been produced vs 500 LFA's. Don't think the 458's will ever increase in value, even if it is the last naturally aspirated Ferrari. I think you forgot to add "IMO" regarding the LFA. To each his own

5 GT-Rs ago I would have done the same thing. Find it a bit boring now. The GT-R is seriously old tech. The NSX will be worth the wait.

Funny, boring is not a word I would use to describe driving the car. :D I agree the NSX will deliver on performance and value, though.

Around 20,000 458's have been produced vs 500 LFA's. Don't think the 458's will ever increase in value, even if it is the last naturally aspirated Ferrari. I think you forgot to add "IMO" regarding the LFA. To each his own

About 20,000 of our cars were produced but they seem to be appreciating... cars dont appreciate and depreciate just on rarity, they have to have desirable qualities. Things that appreciate in rarity only do so over many decades, and thats not all of them. Just because the 03 RS6 was only offered in the US for that year doesnt mean its going to ever go up in value. The f12, vanquish, and almost any front engine gt exotic are such better value (except mayb the california, but hey, atleast its roof goes down). The LFA will only be remembered for the amazing godly sound it made and how many cheaper cars are faster than it. The 458 being the last NA Ferrari alone makes it HUGELY collectible. Sure theres a lot of them but it was still a damn good car in everyway. This is not just my opinion. Look at how the Lamborghini V12 market is right now. The only reason its blowing up is because people know the na v12 will disappear eventually and that's the lambo market which is no where near as valuable as the F market

anyway back to semi on topic, this is the more accepted visual for the R36
2015-nissan-gt-r-nismo.jpg

Good luck. I too was interested in an NSX a few years ago, but ended up going with a new 12C. Let's just say, it was not good. Spent more time in the shop and any car should. Dumped the 12C and bought a new Huracan. Couldn't be more pleased.

The 458 being the last NA Ferrari alone makes it HUGELY collectible. Sure theres a lot of them but it was still a damn good car in everyway...

It may be collectible on a long enough time line but a regular 458 is not going to appreciate in the next 5 to 10 years. Too many of them were made, and there's a lot of other supercars in that price range to choose from (Gallardo, Huracan, 12C). They'll probably hold their value very well but for them to appreciate, genuine demand has to significantly outstrip supply and that's probably not going to happen in the near future with the production numbers.

It's probably the last N/A Ferrari, but I imagine the average Ferrari customer probably doesn't really care about all that, they just want the latest, meanest Ferrari they can get their hands on. Speciales and Apertas will most definitely appreciate, but I'd wager that's about it.

That said, if you want to buy a used supercar and not take a bath on depreciation, the 458 is probably the best deal for right now. The NSX might also be a great deal on that front, especially if the production numbers are as low as rumored.

I just got off the phone with my contact at Acura and was told that the delay was due to the number of complaints about the NSX 2.0 that they have to roundtable....

Complaints from the test team? Because a complaint from the media or public at this point would either be A. unfounded, as no one has driven the car or B. not fixable in a few months time. It's not like Acura could revamp the interior or dramatically restyle the exterior by Spring 2016.

Back