• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in Arlington

Hi guys, this is my first post here on Prime. I just picked up a red '95 this past weekend. It has a couple minor issues but overall its in great shape and I'm very pleased with it! I traded in my '03 M3, which has been my baby for the past 5 years, and although I'm gonna miss it I'm already in love with the NSX. The sound and feel of the car is just awesome. The looks don't hurt either... :biggrin:

Can anybody recommend a good mechanic in the area? Especially someone with experience working on the rack and pinion? I've got a little bit of play, its not really noticeable when I'm on the road but when sitting still I can feel it. I took it to Radley yesterday and they wanted to replace the whole thing, my issue is definitely not that severe... Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I'm going out of town for the next couple weeks but when I get back I'd be really interested to meet up with some other local owners. I'm definitely still learning about the car and talking to some folks with first hand experience would be great.

Congrats and welcome. Most people seem to swear by Charlie at the Car Doctor at 7714 Lee Hwy in Falls Church. 703-560-8870. I have not used him as I live in Richmond, but lots of people have recommended him.

Welcome. Might want to do a search as there are many options even if you get an answer in this thread.

PM if you like to know specifics.

Congrats and welcome. Is your '95 Red? My buddy told me that he saw a Red NSX-T cruising in Arlington this week.

Jack

Welcome ! My previous car was 04 Silver Gray M3. You won't regret your choice :biggrin:

I know it may be alittle far drive but Ben from Daisy would be my recommendation. His experience/price/knowledge is simply amazing !!

Tae

Welcome! I highly recommend Ben at Daisy Import Auto. When I got my 91 a few months back, he went over the car and the service history that came with it. Overall, my car was in great shape cosmetically, but less so mechanically. Ben took care of all the things that needed attention and some other stuff to bring it back to like new condition. In some cases, better than new...

Welcome! I picked up my black/tan 97 a few weeks ago and haven't stop smiling. I'm planning to check out Ben at Daisy because I'm told he also works on Miatas. The NSX-T now shares the garage with a 93LE black/red. Hope to see you around when you return.

Welcome! I picked up my black/tan 97 a few weeks ago and haven't stop smiling. I'm planning to check out Ben at Daisy because I'm told he also works on Miatas. The NSX-T now shares the garage with a 93LE black/red. Hope to see you around when you return.

Wait till you see his Miata :wink:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I'm excited to get involved in the NSX community in the area. I will definitely give a shout when I return and maybe we can set up a cruise around town or something.

NICE!!! i live in arlington. what part of arlington are you in? hit me up! i have a shop also if you need anything. 703-343-3080 KEN

Congrats McNice.

I have an '06 M3 CPO that I'm thinking of selling for an NSX. It's a nice car, but feels like a car and not something special. I've thought about adding an S2000 (I've owned 2 in the past) or trading in for a Boxster S, but the NSX has always been one of my favorites. I have an MDX that I can always take out on bad days or when I have meetings in DC.

It's encouraging to see so many owners in this area, I always think about the roads, traffic, weather really being able to enjoy an NSX living in NoVA. You guys are obviously fine with this.

If any of you have a meetup or are near rt50/G.Mason I'd love to stop by and say hello. My only concern in owning the NSX is the incline of my driveway. I actually had it redone 5 years ago 'incase' I ever bought an NSX. Maybe you wouldn't mind coming by and very carefully testing it out.

Thank you!
-Luis

Welcome .. and if the haven't already found it, check out the NSX Wiki .. it's on the red action bar at the top of most pages. Lots of good info on mods, troubleshooting, DIY, etc.

It's a red '95 T-top. Nothing aftermarket on the exterior. It is signed by Shigeru Uehara on the front left fender which is kinda cool :cool:.

Thanks for all the welcomes, I hope to meet some of you guys at Ben's meet up on the 24th!

Back