• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newbie....

Hey guys,

I have been hoping to buy an NSX for years now but couldn't get one for various reasons. But now I'm finally ready! I started actively searching (again) before the holidays.

I'm looking for a later model, 2002 - 2005, NSX-T (stock) with low miles. The color I prefer is Silverstone Metallic (although I can go with Black too) with black interior. I would like to stay below 45 grand, if at all possible.

If you guys know of anyone selling this car or have seen an ad somewhere or just have any pointers, please let me know.

Thanks!

P.S. I can't hardly wait until I finally own my dream car! :biggrin:

Even in today's depressed market, finding a "low mileage" 02-05 at your price point will be difficult, you need either a motivated seller or an "upper 40's" price!!

OK what i did was when i was really looking for a my NSX, I went on craigslist, and went to every state and clicked every city and typed NSX,, I did this , it took me 2 days of on/off searching, found one,, called the guy to see if he still had it,, drove from Tampa to North Carolina paid him drove it home,, its alot of work but thats how I found my NSX,,, I just got back Friday from Alabama, found a 08 TL Type-S Navi,, for 20,000 with 30,000 miles, car blue books at 32,000,, drove it back to the High demand area,, could turn around and sell it and make 12,000 off it,,,,so think about this,,, if a car is in high demand in a dense population the price will be high,,, if you search for a car in a low population the demand for that car is low, price will be low!!! Im not just talking about NSX;s either,, for any kinda car,,, so my trade in was a 2000 4X4 Jeep Cherokee/ low demand in a dense population,,, but its in high demand where rednecks live,, so I got 2,000 more in Alabama then here in the city, cuz it was a 4X4,, so you should get it now!! so keep searching you will find what your looking for,,, also look at this site,,

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/index.html

Last edited:
Thanks for all the inputs.

@shawn: I actually started doing that last night on craigslist. About half-way done... so far, most of what I've seen are earlier models with lots of mods.

@superstef: just as sidwac said, 65k in an 04 is not quite "low mileage"... thanks though.

@RPM: I hear ya... I could go 50k but I'll look around for a lower price just in case I get lucky....

Thanks for all the inputs.

@shawn: I actually started doing that last night on craigslist. About half-way done... so far, most of what I've seen are earlier models with lots of mods.

@superstef: just as sidwac said, 65k in an 04 is not quite "low mileage"... thanks though.

@RPM: I hear ya... I could go 50k but I'll look around for a lower price just in case I get lucky....

An easier method using Craigslist is to download a freeware program that will do a national search ... the one I've used in the past is the one put out by NotifyWire. I'm pretty sure you can download the demo from their site. The interface is reasonable to navigate and with the free version you cannot save your search strings or get mobile/daily updates. But, it does save you from having to click on all cities nationwide. Mind you, some of the Criagslist search engines out there have some malware or malicious stuff embedded in them, so search around to find the one that you can live with. Just FYI.

Last edited:
Try a google search like this: craiglist.org:search term

or for an NSX it would be: craiglist.org:nsx

Legion,,, thanks for that,,, wow would have saved me tons of time,, and Im a Computer Consultant!! never crossed my mind!!

Thanks for all the tips on searching craigslist! This will definitely help save time! :smile:

more refined search query

(2002 OR 2003 OR 2004 OR 2005) nsx site:craigslist.org

Thanks Zishan! I have looked at this but not sure I want a car that's been in flood...

That car originally was being sold in Gardner, KS rual area outside Kansas City. It's dirty. I was going to buy it at one point and part it off. The original buyer bought it at an auction drove it awhile. And tried to sell it for a profit. They said the speedometer and odometer said it worked sometimes ect...light water is 2-3 feet deep I guess same line original seller used in his sales pitch. If you can live with a Yellow 2002+ I saw one on prime for 49k. You may want to make an offer. Just take your time. I bought mine from an aquaintance for a great deal in St. Paul, M. And it had all the parts that I wanted already.

Yikes, sorry, didn't read the details. I guess that would have helped. Sit tight and be patient. The "one" will eventually show up. :smile:

Good luck,
- Z

I'm currently looking at a black 2005 with ~15k... The VIN is JH4NA21695S000042.... would like to know if anyone is familar with this car? It's around North California...

Good year - great mileage, I'll be very surprised if that's in your price range from what you stated earlier.

Where are you located??

I'm currently looking at a black 2005 with ~15k... The VIN is JH4NA21695S000042.... would like to know if anyone is familar with this car? It's around North California...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102067&highlight=JH4NA21695S000042

Pictures in thread, post #18. I would stay away from it.

VIN tags on the front bumper, front fenders, and hood were missing. Paint work definitely on front bumper, hood, fenders, drivers side door...not completely sure about the rest of the car, but not much left after that. Clutch is unusually heavy, alignment is slightly off on the car, car is lowered.

I bought a 2004 silver last June with 25,000 miles and it cost me a little over $50,000. I looked for six months and found some for less, but never in good condition, or else someone beat me to it. (There was a 2003 in good condition for $45,000, but by the time I had arranged a pre-purchase inspection, Patrick's wife (Patrick is a Prime member) purchased the car as a birthday present for him.) I finally bought from a Minnesota dealer that offered a two month unconditional warranty. The car arrived in immaculate condition and I've been very happy with it. Not a moment's trouble so far.

This web site is a gold mine of good information and advice. I received lots of help and advice from Prime members, so you are on the right track. Patience is essential, as others have said. Good luck!

Good year - great mileage, I'll be very surprised if that's in your price range from what you stated earlier.

Where are you located??

I'm in FL. My actual budget is around $50k but hoping I could find one around $45-ish. And you're right it is out of range but I was just curious.

This web site is a gold mine of good information and advice. I received lots of help and advice from Prime members, so you are on the right track. Patience is essential, as others have said. Good luck!

Thanks Jack High!

Back