• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

noise/whine after AC service, concern?

Well when I first experienced the abs working under braking on snow,
it came on and wouldn't shut off right away. Pump noise
went on for a good 20 sec or so.
This whine noise is more high pitched, rattles faster tho more subtle,
and happens during bumps as well, where as the abs
never did act up at bumps.
(unless I am braking hard over multiple bumps)
Maybe double trouble here?

Chong, The Abs comes on usually after 6mph and for about 6 seconds, it can come on under bumps. Its hard to tell without sitting in your car, have you checked for squirels anywhere:biggrin:

I have heard the abs sound before during start up, but it usually
only comes on once the car starts rolling... 6 mph sounds about right.
Usually when I go over bumps or dips, and if its violent enough, yes it
makes the noise but it sounds more... aggressive?
Perhaps that is what makes it sound so different and confusing.
So far I have not detected any squirrels but I will check
for that too :cool:

No, it has not so far.
I'm thinking of your earlier response,
that maybe I shouldn't worry about it.
And the abs, I can always just do a flush.
(keeps fingers crossed here)
Squirrels! I can't find those little critters! lol

Okay, back on topic...I received the new compressor today! :smile: But when I opened the box, I was in for a surprise. :frown: It was a "New " compressor all right - it said so right on the label on the end. I had not imagined that it was practical to manufacture "replica" AC compressors - I thought I was getting a Denso 10PA15C.

I measured the pulley on the "New" compressor, the outside diameter measured 5". Reportedly the correct NSX pulley measures 5 3/4". These parts (compressor/clutch/pulley, and drier) are just a generic replica of a Denso 10PA15C and genuine oem drier - I don't think their status quite rises to the level of an aftermarket part. At least when you buy Wagner replacement parts, they sell them as Wagner parts and don't try to brand them as "New" or "O.E.M.". If you order one of these compressors, you can forget getting the correct size pulley. They just box it and ship it...

Reportedly it is possible to swap out the pulley. Some people who have installed these report that they perform as intended. I am going to go ahead with the installation to see if it holds up. Will report back on my experience.

Attachments

• NewCompressor (Small).jpg
    NewCompressor (Small).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I took a brief spin with the AC on - the moan does seem more pronounced in that rpm range.

I did not notice any audible changes either maybe I should turn down the music.

Back