• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

not an NSX owner (yet) so heres my fit

whats up. my name is kelso. i am actively looking for a 91 nsx to have some fun with. i bought a fit a couple years ago and its a really fun car to whip around the twisties where i live but now i want something with a little more potential- power wise. so my search begins here. there is some good info on these boards. i have much to absorb. in the meantime, check out my fit :biggrin:

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0812.jpg

DSCN0808.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

Coolest Fit I've seen yet. I think you'll fit in well here...looks like the mod bug/go fast crack pipe already has a hold on you.
:smile:

thanks man, yea it kind of hit me hard. hahaha. i love my fit. its like a little go kart but im ready to step into something a little more classy and start building an nsx.

My wife and I love the Fit... but we needed more room, so we got an Odyssey instead. I was going to mod it a bit, but I'm trying to focus on my other toys instead. :)

can you spot the one part that is from an nsx on my car? haha thats an easy one. but yea, i love my fit. they are pretty slow stock. my baseline dyno was at 98 bhp. slow as balls. but after i put my turbo on and a few other things, i got it up to 174 bhp. mind you, this is in a car that weighs a butt hair over 2200 lbs. i have the same 0-60 time as a stock NA1.

post your build details, components/boost-run/costs!

If I ever got a Fit, I'd do everything you did w/o a doubt!
icon14.gif

(other than the Volk rims, booo! ADVAN, FTW... :p)
can you spot the one part that is from an nsx on my car? haha thats an easy one...
Can't I.D. it at this mo' (mebbe' thinking the NSX-R horn-button/bezel/trim-ring thingie?), but you should've acquired an OEM exhaust-tip finisher from an '91-'94 NSX... the epitome of Keepin' IT R-E-A-L... :D

Last edited:
Re: post your build details, components/boost-run/costs!

If I ever got a Fit, I'd do everything you did w/o a doubt!

(other than the Volk rims, booo! ADVAN, FTW... :p)
Can't I.D. it at this mo' (mebbe' thinking the NSX-R horn-button/bezel/trim-ring thingie?), but you should've acquired an OEM exhaust-tip finisher from an '91-'94 NSX... the epitome of Keepin' IT R-E-A-L... :D

haha i have some mugen rnr's but i am waiting on some 10MM spacers because the spokes wont fit over the calipers. my muffler is off an ap1. my car is kind of a honda frankenstein hahaha.

My wife and I love the Fit... but we needed more room, so we got an Odyssey instead. I was going to mod it a bit, but I'm trying to focus on my other toys instead. :)
dude, odysseys in japan are badass!! i hate the tall american versions. i would love to have a jdm spec odyssey. or have you seen the new van based off the fit called the stream? its pretty nice

I like the Fit. Looks good. Good mods. Probably a really fun car. Good luck in your search. Did you skip right over an S2000?
yea, s2k's dont really excite me the same way an nsx does. ive driven a few modded ap1's and i wasnt impressed. i drove my buddys na1 in high school and ever since then, ive been in love with the car. i was actually going to build a datsun 240z with a rb26dett swap but if i did that, i wouldnt have anymore hookups and i wouldnt have any sponsors so, im sticking with honda.

heres my build, dyno sheets and mod list

one month old
IMG_0810.jpg

six months
DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

nine months
DSC_0261.jpg

dsc0790kq7.jpg

as of today
kel.jpg

kelsey7.jpg

kelsey8.jpg

kelsey3.jpg

kelsey10.jpg

kelsey1.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

a few new interior shots (new shift knob!!!)
DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

123kelseyshoot006ym7.jpg

123kelseyshoot007rq0.jpg

123kelseyshoot013qx0.jpg

123kelseyshoot022ke8.jpg

123kelseyshoot037xw0.jpg

123kelseyshoot028yd4.jpg

123kelseyshoot015hu7.jpg

123kelseyshoot014iz4.jpg

123kelseyshoot009lu2.jpg

123kelseyshoot035pg9.jpg

VIDEOS:
YouTube - honda fit canyon run
YouTube - turbo run-short
YouTube - honda fit turbo 0-60
YouTube - honda fit turbo 0-60 ver.2.0

DYNO SHEETS:
dynotune2-1.jpg

dynotune.jpg

dynotune1.jpg

MOD LIST
-exterior
spoon carbon hood
eagle hi/lo HID kit
jdm rear bumper
jdm front end conversion
spoon short antenna
HOP led brake lights
spoon stickers
75% tint all around
custom made front license plate bracket
ichi san signature (owner of spoon)
spoon registration badge
RDX turbo badge
jdm fit badge

-interior
nardi steering wheel & nrg quick release
jdm coin tray
jdm vent controller stickers
jdm red hazard switch
jdm int. door handles
spoon duracon shift knob
mugen short shifter-
all weather floor mats
jdm door sills-
jdm passenger visor
panasonic strada in dash navi w/ metra kit
black painted dash
T1R gauge pod
K's gauges
aem uego wideband
mugen shift boot/ebrake boot
mugen pedals
greddy turbo timer
nsx-r horn button
recaro speed racing seats & sliders
wedge engineering seat brackets
interior modulo chrome gauge bezel
hvac lights painted orange

-suspension
tein basic damper kit
j's rear monocoque bar
volk ce28n time attack edition 15x7
bf goodrich g force kdw tyres
spoon front strut bar
tanabe rear strut bar
t1r bmax carbon c pillar bar
j's roll center adjusters
t1r front underbrace
t1r forged lug nuts
progress rear sway bar
custom front monocoque bar
-engine
T1R turbo kit customized
greddy emanage ultimate
spoon spark plugs
spoon battery
spoon oil cap
spoon rad cap
spoon res. socks
j's titanium bpipe
T1r test pipe
j's titanium axle back
t1r volt stabilizer
spoon magnetic drain plugs trans/engine
greddy oil and hamp oil filters

**things to be done**edit: these things are done

noblesse rear diffuser
spoon twin block calipers
brembo rotors
spoon lsd
exedy clutch
fidanza flywheel
engine mounts
jdm side skirts
jdm side view mirrors
cf hatch
reverse camera

thanks for checkin it out:biggrin:

Last edited:
rice-alerttt...

IMG_0810.jpg

eagle hi/lo HID kit
Ok, so you spent (ballpark guess) at least $10k-$15k on your 'build'/project w/o short-cuts/compromises... yet you threw on after-market plug-&-play HID's on OEM/stock halogen-based reflector-headlights w/o doing a proper projector retrofit which would've cost a few hundred at most? I take back my previous comment/compliment!

Explain yourself, sir! :D

(If I'm mistaken & inaccurate w/ my observation, all apologies in-advance!)

Last edited:
Re: rice-alerttt...

Ok, so you spent (ballpark guess) at least $10k-$15k on your 'build'/project w/o short-cuts/compromises... yet you threw on after-market plug-&-play HID's on OEM/stock halogen-based reflector-headlights w/o doing a proper projector retrofit which would've cost a few hundred at most? I take back my previous comment/compliment!

Explain yourself, sir! :D

(If I'm mistaken & inaccurate w/ my observation, all apologies in-advance!)
haha okay okay, you got me. im a ricer in disguise. hahaha. no, actually here is the story of my HID'S. the first picture, was before i had really done anything to my car. i had rota slipstreams, the 6000k pnp lights and thats about it. they were okay. not alot of glare. but then i did the jdm front end conversion and i bought some hi/low eagle HID'S in 4000k. but there was just wayyyyy too much glare in the jdm headlights due to more plastic chrome in them. so right now i have halogens on my car but i have already ordered the japanese headlights that are made for HID'S (non projector). the retrofits look weird on the fit. it makes them look like a ford focus.

Thanks, I just realized you have a mod list just like two post above mine. I should of looked closer:biggrin: I love that wheel for sure, may be my next purchase.

Last edited:
Welcome! :smile:

Wow, you have sure dumped alot of dough on that thing. Looks pretty cool though. Thats the only bad thing about the NSX, so many sic mods to spend big dollars on and the challenge is exercising some self control and not breaking the bank. I try to curb my spending which is difficult.

Good Luck on your search!

Holy crap thats a lotta mods :biggrin:

I love the Fit, im planning on getting one sooner or later for my daily driver/gas saver

looking at all those mods tho...i hope i don't go crazy and start down that path again :smile:

So does that beast pass smog?

yes and no. it will pass smog with the cat on it but it may not pass visual because ive been having some problems with my map sensor and my car throws a barometric pressure sensor code resulting in a check engine light. if i dont go over 2lbs of boost after resetting my ecu, it stays off. but once it goes over 2lbs, it comes on. also, i dont know if they would notice my open element dump pipe. that wouldnt pass visual.

Back