• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSteXpo 2007 October 26-28, 2007 in Austin

Fellow NSX'rs; (New updates in blue on 9/11/07) (New Update 9/25/07 in RED)

As seen on this thread, NSteXpo 2007 will take place in Austin October 26-28, 2007!

This will be the weekend before Holloween, which in Austin, is one of the biggest weekends in Austin and now will be bigger!

Although we may change a few things on this schedule, here is what we have so far (all should be finalized by the end of this week);

Friday, we meet up for dinner to do intros and such (8ish to 9 to allow all out of towners to make it in).

RC Fowlers is excited about hosting our Friday Night Dinner and will be "roping off" reserved parking for our group that is visable from the restaurant. The have probably the best wings in town, plus pizzas, burgers, salads, ribs and such. They are not very expensive and have a cool, fun overall atmoshere with a good looking, friendly waitstaff. The owners are huge NSX fans and will make sure we are well accomodated.
After dinner, for those who want to join, we can head to Grahms Central Station (a north Austin hot spot) for a little partying. They have valet that can set us up front for our group. For those that do not want to head there, RC Fowlers has a great bar that stays open late.

Saturday, we will meet up for an early breakfast, then start our group drive. To make it even more fun, safe and to help with traffic, we will make this a "poker run".

The way a poker run works is; Each NSX driver gets a playing sheet that tracks the different locations along the route (4 unique stops along a very nice dive and one final stop) I will map out a ride that ends us at or around Luckenbach. At each destination (we'll chose cool places), you will get your card checked and signed proving that you went there. At the final destination, you turn in your sheets and draw a poker hand. The winners will get anything from cash to prizes. I don't have what the prizes will be for now, since I picked up the ball on this event a short time ago and will be looking for sponsors to donate prizes and/or I will fund cash prize(s) myself. I own a poker company that operates in Texas, so believe me, all we do will be perfectly legal!! Also, this is an event that you can do at your own pace since everyone involved will have a map an enough time to complete the drive and have fun along the way.

We can add or delete to Saturday's schedule depending on time. We will head back to Austin for dinner and the city Halloween party on 6th street for whoever wants to go. It's Austin's "Mardi Gras" event!

Sunday, We can have brunch at the Oasis on Lake Travis at 11 AM. It's a must see in Austin, for those who have not yet been there with an awesome view and a beautiful, relaxing drive. Perfect for Sunday morning!

We are booked at Iron Rock Raceway starting at 2 PM. For those not familiar with IIR, they are a SuperKart Racing facility on the Austin Bergstrom International Airport. They are set up like a country club and offer memberships for those looking to get serious into the hobby, but do allow racing for the public as well for non-kart owners. The way that works is they sell by the race, each race being 10 minutes long. One race is $26, a second race is $20, and a third race is $10. Trust me, 10 minute intervals gets you pretty tired when you pull the G's on the turns that those karts do!

Cindy's Gone Hog Wild is a very cool, layed back restaurant with great food and drinks about 7 miles down from that, so we can go eat after we race. Mike and Cindy (owners) are great people and will love having us there. They also own a Porsche and are exotic car fans..... a perfect fit and ending for our event! I promise that I would only take you guys to places that are a blast plus places with owners/managment that appreciate having a great group of people and exotics at their place!

I know some out of towners will be leaving, so if you are leaving to the same cities, you can have a convoy from there.

Cindy's is on HWY 71, so you will only be about 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Houston.

There is also a back road that can take you north of Austin without having to hit IH 35 for the DFW group.

For you in the South Texas area, you can take some cool back roads into San Antonio and further into Corpus without hitting IH 35.

I will have printed maps from Cindy's to each of these areas for all.

Please feel free to make suggestions. Also, please reply and give me an email address if you are coming so that I can update you on any changes. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

The hotel recommendation wil be the Candle Wood Suites in the Aurboretum area. This is the same hotel that was used during the 2004 NSteXpo.

As you may have figured out, I don't have sponsors and such to pay for this event. I am covering event costs out of my pocket, which is not a big deal. I would rather see this event happen and have a ton of fun with everyone than not have it!
What did happen is that NSXCA is stepping up and helping out. NSXCA will be sponsoring this event with benifits to all current NSXCA members. We are still discussing details, but what we know now is that they will be helping pay for NSXCA member's dinner(s) and will be donating prizes for the poker run. If you are not yet a NSXCA member, you can sign up at the event with Paul (SC Regional Director). I promise that it will be worth the cost of the membership!!! Thanks Paul and NSXCA for your help!
[/COLOR]
Luis Rodriguez
512-573-0660 (cell)
[email protected]

Last edited:
Luis,

Thanks for your efforts in helping organize this! I will be contacting you soon to discuss possible sponsorship from NSXCA for participating NSXCA members.

Do you have any hotel suggestions for out of town participants?

Paul

Luis,

Thanks for your efforts in helping organize this! I will be contacting you soon to discuss possible sponsorship from NSXCA for participating NSXCA members.

Do you have any hotel suggestions for out of town participants?

Paul

I was going to work on that this week. Probably north Austin, since it is closer to the start of the Saturday drive.

PS Do you know how to make this thread a sticky like ojas?

I guess I will have to abuse you guys on track at IRR another time since this is the weekend of a regional race in Katy.

Im up for Saturday for sure, if it's a late dinner I may be able to make it Friday night. Probably out for Sunday though 'cause I'm afraid to have an accident on the track and have my insurance company drop me like I'm hot :)

As you may have figured out, I don't have sponsors and such to pay for this event. I am covering event costs out of my pocket, which is not a big deal.

I am hoping that NSXCA can help us out. However, I don't see why you would be responsible for paying for covering our costs. In fact we should be responsible for covering your costs for putting it together.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Ritesh.

I am hoping that NSXCA can help us out. However, I don't see why you would be responsible for paying for covering our costs. In fact we should be responsible for covering your costs for putting it together.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Ritesh.

You're very welcome! I will cover the event costs, but individual expenses are pretty much a "pay as you go". You pay for your dinners, gas, hotel, and stuff like that. I do appreciate the gesture/offer/thought. You guys are cool.

To be honest with you, I enjoy doing events. You always meet new people, make new friends, and sometimes network together. God has also been good to me and afforded me good empoyees to run my companies while I am out playing, making friends and driving cool cars and motorcycles!!!!! :rolleyes:

Nice! Calendar is marked!

Nick, Saturday morning, don't forget. I need to get my car ready... :smile:

Carl, if you are reading this, where are my wheels man??? :biggrin:

Jeff, if you are reading this, make plans to attend!

lUIS

from your info how many nsx attendees can you guestimate are expected?

gil

I'm guessing 20 or so NSX's. There is interest from other people that drive other exotics as well (Vipers, Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus). I'm not sure if we should make it "the more the marrier" with the NSXs taking presidence, such as the private parking we have arranged and such, or making it a private group thing.

What do you guys think?

Back