• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 Body Kit

Haha that's just funny. It's more than a little presumptuous and self indulgent to ASSume the way you do that your point of view is "logical" and I am looking at it illogically. I'll let that this end there since you obviously have to have the last word and can't let the thread continue about the topic.

I wasn't saying it was my logic. The breakdown was based your logic of association. Read it again.

You and I both agree that the R8 is not very favorable. Keep that in mind. The difference is you don't like the new NSX and I do. Is it perfect? No, but name a better contemporary offering? The R8, 911, and low priced McLaren are really the only competitors. I personally don't find either the German cars to look better and McLaren is iffy.

- - - Updated - - -

I, for one, don't see the R8 in the NSX. Are there some subtle similarities? Sure, just like there are similarities to the 12C. Regardless whether one believes there to be certain influences from another car, what the hell difference does it really make?! If someone likes or doesn't like the car, or has an opinion about what it looks similar to, it shouldn't impact how someone else feels about it. Cars can elicit a very profound emotional response; both positive and negative. They are universally polarizing, as not all people agree on what is appealing or beautiful.

I waited over a year to receive my Z07, and wavered damn near the entire time about whether I could come to accept the departure of the standard Corvette rear end. In fact, when I first saw the official images, I thought about canceling my order, because the rear of the car looked ridiculous to me. However, once I finally had an opportunity to live with the car, I began to appreciate the architecture and design elements. Does everyone like the new Corvette design? Of course not. Do I care? Of course not.

While I do wish the new NSX was a bit more aggressive looking; with a shorter snout, lower roof line, and slightly longer tail, I bet lots of others won't agree with me. Moreover, it doesn't change my interest in purchasing the car. Having owned an R8, it doesn't remind of that car. But, I can see why the general public might draw parallels between the R8 and NSX...because I get asked if my vette is an F12 quite often. True car guys will know the difference between an R8, NSX, and a dump truck. To others, they're pretty much the same. A friend of mine has a 12C and is constantly asked what year his Ferrari is...

View attachment 122921

I think the new Corvette is the best iteration so far. I'm really curious as to the mid-engine rumors that area really rampant now with the pickup style mule running around...

That's hilarious about the McLaren - Ferrari mixup!

M.
M.jpg

N.
N.jpg

O.
O.jpg

P.
P.jpg

Q.
Q.jpg

R.
R.jpg

All very interesting VF but I think the biggest issue raised is the basic proportions. Again the hood does not taper down low enough in the front, the the rear overhang is too abbreviated. How bout one of you chop pros render a side view showing the production car with these corrections so we can see what could have been? VF, Nspec, Spooler can one of you, or anybody else, throw something together?

Last edited:
I am driving a Evora S in the next couple weeks... The 400 should be a little better.

I Drove the Evora S and I was very un-impressed. Even if the 400 is a lot better I cant see getting this car... I will still drive it in December but I have to say I am leaning toward the Z-06 with an 07 package...2015_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_2_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I, for one, don't see the R8 in the NSX. Are there some subtle similarities? Sure, just like there are similarities to the 12C. Regardless whether one believes there to be certain influences from another car, what the hell difference does it really make?! If someone likes or doesn't like the car, or has an opinion about what it looks similar to, it shouldn't impact how someone else feels about it. Cars can elicit a very profound emotional response; both positive and negative. They are universally polarizing, as not all people agree on what is appealing or beautiful.

I waited over a year to receive my Z07, and wavered damn near the entire time about whether I could come to accept the departure of the standard Corvette rear end. In fact, when I first saw the official images, I thought about canceling my order, because the rear of the car looked ridiculous to me. However, once I finally had an opportunity to live with the car, I began to appreciate the architecture and design elements. Does everyone like the new Corvette design? Of course not. Do I care? Of course not.

While I do wish the new NSX was a bit more aggressive looking; with a shorter snout, lower roof line, and slightly longer tail, I bet lots of others won't agree with me. Moreover, it doesn't change my interest in purchasing the car. Having owned an R8, it doesn't remind of that car. But, I can see why the general public might draw parallels between the R8 and NSX...because I get asked if my vette is an F12 quite often. True car guys will know the difference between an R8, NSX, and a dump truck. To others, they're pretty much the same. A friend of mine has a 12C and is constantly asked what year his Ferrari is...

View attachment 122921

I am a big fan of the NSX (I have owned 3), but as this blog has shown too many people have issue with the "plain" look of the NSX 2.0. I was planning on buying the NSX as soon as it was available, but I just cant bring my self to spend 150,000 to 160,000 on a "average looking car" regardless of its specifications.
Speaking of specifications...
I have never been a fan of the Corvette, but nothing can touch the Z07's (Z06 with Z07 package which is was you are driving I assume) specifications for the money. I think it is fortunate for the "premium brands" that consumers will still pay for a name regardless how low the performance / price point may be.

I think this video demonstrates one of the points trying to be conveyed in this thread. The overall form and dimensions of the NSX has not been in contention nor the reason for exploring a front body kit. (One of) the key issues is the production model's too-many-textures front end resulting in the overall "busy-ness" it has gained the reputation for having.

This blurry+overcast+low lit video really reveals that when you can conceal all of the varied textures busy-ness, it all blends in to look like a solid front end with smooth planes, and that you're looking at a much simpler, much cleaner, front end that feels like it has some substance to it. It starts to howl exotic....even with hung headlights.

darkhorse.jpg

This low quality video also demonstrates, at least in my opinion, that without question the inevitable body color to get this car in, as-is so as to conceal all the front end multi-textured misgivings is black without a doubt (unless you don't care about the front end). The across-the-board black colored multiple grill components and openings will only blend into the rest of the car's exterior this way. But make no mistake, in person (and without blur) with regular light, the front end busy-ness will still be apparent, but in black it will just be apparent...less.

Obviously a full body kit is a huge endeavor but just shooting for a simplified front end kit with way less materials clashing and a more solid geometry can make how the blurry car in the video appears actually look like in real life, up close, in focus and in person.

side-by-side.jpg

Look, it boils down to this...when the current model is still facing criticism of being compared to an electric razor or a shoe instead of a Ferrari or a Lambo, it hurts...really hurts. Just attempting to plant some ideas to help in providing some of the fans of the brand, the technology, the (hopeful) performance bang-for-the-buck, options to help overcome whatever shortcomings some think the front has.

shaver_compare.jpg

--

Valkyrie Pilot - I'm stewing on your request but still nothing yet...sorry :)

Brilliant post above, especially the razor comment.

I was leaning toward a charcoal grey but am now focussing on black for exactly the reasons stated.

I think the hat on Mark Hicks is a more defining feature than any acura design language.:tongue:

You guys complain so much, maybe it's a hint that the new NSX is not for some of you. Just saying.

I love the front end.

IValkyrie Pilot - I'm stewing on your request but still nothing yet...sorry :)

No problem VF. Thanks for the stewing though.:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

You guys complain so much, maybe it's a hint that the new NSX is not for some of you. Just saying.

I love the front end.

Ok but would it bother you if it was a bit lower and wedgier?

And who would complain if the back was a bit longer too?

Last edited:
I love it the way it is. The black NSX melted me. The NSX in the form that it is right now is much more athletic and aggressive. You don't want anything longer, I own an AUDI R8 and it's longer and more bulky. Not as athletic and sexy as the NSX in the current form. The white version that vf2ss posted looks like I've seen many times before, probably because it lacks originality and personality.

Just leave it to the professionals at Honda. They have the right idea.

The existing 2.0 paper thin spoiler is just plain and weak.

Looks like either additional wind tunnel testing or realizing there was room for (visual) improvement warranted these further add-ons/refinements. The addition of these black gurney flaps on the 2 cars now touring the country is a pretty substantial improvement in aggressive-look and has a much stronger appearance imo. I wonder if it is an option? I also like that they heavily muted the trapezoid exhaust housing (see@:32).

gurney.png

<iframe width="400" height="225" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NOZLfpO9Sm4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
^speaking of the handle been wondering about this pic on the forum...being able to leave it in that position seems odd.

attachment.php

Looks like either additional wind tunnel testing or realizing there was room for (visual) improvement warranted these further add-ons/refinements. The addition of these black gurney flaps on the 2 cars now touring the country is a pretty substantial improvement in aggressive-look and has a much stronger appearance imo. I wonder if it is an option? I also like that they heavily muted the trapezoid exhaust housing (see@:32).

gurney.png

<iframe width="400" height="225" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NOZLfpO9Sm4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I still like your rendition spoiler the best!

VF,

Look how wicked the HSC light looks by just removing white reflective portion!

check intake funnel now lol..plus Hood portion peeled away to show carbon skeleton...

Note: test Driver

DIG !! ?
29wafpl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2805dmq.jpg

those headlights do indeed look cool :cool:...realizing that those turn signal bars would be quite unique too...

NSX_HSC.gif

On another note...looks like we have about another year or so to play around with body kits :wink:

Ha ha ha..thats terrific! Thank you

Did you recognize Driver?

Yea the new car is close, looks fine and will be really quick but this is still fun.

Would you like to see TYPE R in this layout?

re S

oh yeah!

But not that close... "The hybrid supercar will now debut for the 2017 model year, though there’s not yet an official on-sale date."

Who wouldn't!

Vf

Thank you for the request and also your subtle mods to previous photo.

I hope you can spend a little time and clean this one up for me a little also or mod anyway you like.
Plus lol, I want the headlights rigged to come on and off in 10 second interval. :biggrin:

Black hood ducting remains cause it gives the car a pointy F1 look without the front actually being pointy. Shape not finalized.
Revised color matched wing. duct added lower rear
20iyt09.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

mkyakj.jpg

Back