• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

It's nice and what not, but lacks the draw power of the original NSX. One look at the original NSX and it makes your blood rush to all the right places. A look at this new one and the reaction is ummm....nice?...I think....

hmmm... if honda insist on the beak theme, maybe give it a more tapered edges along the lines of the airforce roundel/shield theme?

air_force.jpg

AFG-080923-004.jpg

Wow just wow it is beautiful! Much better looking than an R8 or LFA and since I was just in the 458 yesterday I can honestly say it's better looking that that as well. Looks every bit a supercar.

Uh made in America really caught me the most off guard. It will be done at the Ohio plant so don't expect a huge price tag. Ekin95 has the pics and should post shortly.

Car did have an interior and coming in LESS than three years. Ok back to pump the blond for info. I have the press kit zip drive and will up load and share when I get home.

I like it. Not a lot of specs revealed but the look is good. And what's neat is that the look doesn't date our original NSX's, especially the 02-05's.
I think the most interesting (and encouraging) comment was when Mr. Ito said that a variation of the car should appear on the racetrack. What GT category.
Times have changed since the early 90's and the major manufacturers with an engineering heritage are much closer than back then.
I still believe that when the production version of this is released there will be specifications backed up by performance specs that will again have the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and BMW taking notice.
I'm on board. :smile:

It's the Acura R8!!

Way better looking than R8 bro ...even in silver. It's not that awful silverstone though looks like they learned from that mistake :biggrin:

Damn theres no pleasing you guys huh!?!? I think the car looks amazing and will turn heads just like the current NSX. I wonder what the dimensions are? Im hoping its as low as the current and possibly wider.
ALl in all thank God Acura is finally back in the supercar game. Now for the power figures........

Best looking concept to date and it's a very promising direction. The things that I liked:

1. Beautiful design
  2. Planning to race it
  3. Race version to be offered in three or four years

Looking forward to hearing the specs before I put down a reservation...but, my oh my, my trigger finger is getting itchy!

I like how it turned out. It's a design that is very balanced. Even though it's a little R8 like, they made it better IMO. The R8 front was too round and reminds me of a Beluga whale. I am now very curious of the price. Glad I held out all this time. Now I have something to look forward to in the near future.

Also, by looking at the car, aerodynamically it looks like it should be capable of having a Cd of 0.29 or better.

Agreed, Perry. It's gorgeous. Just build it in Champ White with red alcantara interior. Built in US means we get Type R and Type S versions, folks.

Way better looking than R8 bro ...even in silver. It's not that awful silverstone though looks like they learned from that mistake :biggrin:

I agree it is better looking. But it is also a concept. Imagine it with a high suspension, little wheels, real mirrors, different nose, etc.

Still, I am hopefull. I can easily say at least I am not dissapointed. If it looks like the concept in real life I'll be stroked.

I mean... stoked...

EXACTLY! Well said

It's nice and what not, but lacks the draw power of the original NSX. One look at the original NSX and it makes your blood rush to all the right places. A look at this new one and the reaction is ummm....nice?...I think....

Its pretty. and really everything about it is spot on except...

that front face. Overdone, and ugly compared to the rest of the car. They mostly got it right. It actually seems forced and out of place compared to the rest. I am anxious to see its progress to come.

Some pictures up on acura's site now.

I watched the intro. I think it looks very good. Slightly overdone like most concept cars, that usually get tamed a bit when they become real cars. The flow from front to rear is exceptional. And the overall proportions, cab forward look, etc. are excellent.

Sure want to learn more about the sport hybrid SH-AWD.

Ok I wanna smoke what your smoking :biggrin:

Wow just wow it is beautiful! Much better looking than an R8 or LFA and since I was just in the 458 yesterday I can honestly say it's better looking that that as well. Looks every bit a supercar.

Uh made in America really caught me the most off guard. It will be done at the Ohio plant so don't expect a huge price tag. Ekin95 has the pics and should post shortly.

Car did have an interior and coming in LESS than three years. Ok back to pump the blond for info. I have the press kit zip drive and will up load and share when I get home.

Ok Photoshop masters, let's see the following:

Championship White w/ Black Top
Formula Red w/ Black Top
Imola

generally quite nice, rework the nose piece a little, not that i could ever afford it.

edit; ah they did do the rear

Last edited:
The bottom of the nose is black on the concept. Body color on the official photos. These cars don't look the same. The one on the show floor is much better.

Back