• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 website

Looks like Acura's website is up for customizing the NSX 2.0 and now we can see what all the options and prices are.

https://nsx2.acura.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Aha... I was wondering why I was the first to post this... there's already a thread in Prospective Owners... Sorry about the double post.

I just built mine. Only 193,000 dollars. But man does it look gorgeous in black. For 200k there are a lot more options I would have to consider. Like a used aventador.

I had been planning to go with Nord Gray, as I like charcoal cars with black wheels. However, the Nord Gray on the configurator is more green than gray. The Nord Gray color samples at the dealership also show some green, although not nearly to the extent as the online Nord Gray. I fear that, as with house paint, the color looks very different on a large scale (e.g., an entire wall), as opposed to a small sample. I cannot risk a predominately green car. Therefore, I elected the safe route and went with black (even though it diminishes the lines). I love red and blue but, given my unsafe driving habits, my wife correctly prohibited these eye-catching colors. Silver is too banal and I don't care for white cars. Therefore, black is the best bet for me.

I had been planning to go with Nord Gray, as I like charcoal cars with black wheels. However, the Nord Gray on the configurator is more green than gray. The Nord Gray color samples at the dealership also show some green, although not nearly to the extent as the online Nord Gray. I fear that, as with house paint, the color looks very different on a large scale (e.g., an entire wall), as opposed to a small sample. I cannot risk a predominately green car. Therefore, I elected the safe route and went with black (even though it diminishes the lines). I love red and blue but, given my unsafe driving habits, my wife correctly prohibited these eye-catching colors. Silver is too banal and I don't care for white cars. Therefore, black is the best bet for me.
A wise decision. Red and blue cars are huge flags for law enforcement. Plus they look girly.:biggrin:

Congratulations on placing your order.
The car at NSXPO was black and it looked superb.
Black is a challenging color to maintain but when detailed and at dusk it's unbeatable.

What did you choose for the interior color?

Congratulations on placing your order.
The car at NSXPO was black and it looked superb.
Black is a challenging color to maintain but when detailed and at dusk it's unbeatable.

What did you choose for the interior color?

Thanks. I have owned several black cars and am all too familiar with the challenge to keep it clean.

I went with simple black interior. I never do much with the interior of my cars -- doesn't add value for me.

Well there it is! Looks great but tough to configure for much under $200k with sales tax...
LOTS of very interesting options out there now for that sort of coin - good luck Acura!

Speaking of sales tax. Here in CT our normal sales tax is 6.35%. However we have a higher rate on items which are considered a luxury.... Such as vehicles with a cost exceeding $50K?! On top of our one of the highest gas taxes (of which little goes to roads as originally planned). And our wonderful (AH) governor chose to raise that luxury tax last year from 7% to 7.75%. So if you spend over $50k he feels it deserves punishing you with an added 1.4 %! Just another one of his ways of enabling his retired state workers with annual pension raises and fully covered medical insurance while us taxpayers remain on fixed pensions and self paid insurance plus increasing taxes. I digress... Sorry for getting off topic. The question I was leading up to is how many and which states also penalize those who worked hard enough over the years to purchase a luxury item?

Not very happy about being forced to buy $10K carbon ceramic brakes, on a car that is supposed to be useable all year.
Might need to wait till they offer the no charge steel brakes!

No back up camera without purchasing optional ELS Technology Package for $2800? In a car that has limited rear visability. It's standard equipment even in a Chevy Spark.

What makes you think it doesn't have a standard backup camera?
I am pretty sure that Honda currently has a standard backup camera on every model.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked and the backup camera is standard:

- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines

Looks like there is a discrepancy on their website. Go to "build", then "interior package", then "audio and technology". Then scroll to bottom of page to see what is included in the standard and optional audio packages. Only on the optional ELS audio systems are rear camera and proximity sensors included. Neither is listed under the standard "premium" audio package.

Also confirmed at top of page as included in optional Technology Package:

[FONT=Avenir LT W01_55 Roman1475520]<small style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 30px; display: block; letter-spacing: 15px; line-height: 45px; margin-left: -10px;">HIGH PERFORMANCE</small>TECHNOLOGY

[/FONT]

[FONT=Avenir LT W01_55 Roman1475520]Elevated awareness and immersive sound come together in a confluence of audio, navigation and communication technologies — accessible via voice command, center touchscreen or steering wheel controls. The NSX Technology Package includes ELS Studio®[FONT=Avenir LT W01_85 Heavy1475544]32[/FONT] Premium Audio, AcuraLink® The Next Generation[FONT=Avenir LT W01_85 Heavy1475544]62[/FONT], Navigation[FONT=Avenir LT W01_85 Heavy1475544]10[/FONT], a 170-degree multi-view rear camera[FONT=Avenir LT W01_85 Heavy1475544]50[/FONT], and sonar-based proximity sensors.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Has anyone given any thought to this statement. It looks like Acura is giving dealers permission to tack on a dealer mark-up fee.

"* When available, prices shown are dealer-suggested retail price. Actual costs, labor rates and installation times may vary by dealer and region, etc. Dealers are free to set their own selling prices and/or labor rates. Prices exclude applicable taxes, title, registration, license, and documentary fees.

I keep forget to bring up some things I noted.

I find it quite upsetting that the interwoven wheels are not asymmetrical. Acura "Took A Short Cut" after all. in conflict with the commercial theme. All interwoven wheels are identical (other than Fr/Rr sizing) so (IMHO) just look wrong on the passenger side... especially if going with machined which accents the lean angles. Leaning forward when at rest is odd (like rotating backwards and just looks counter to the cars impression at rest of moving forward when at rest.
As such I'll probably go with polished which don't accent the lean as much, though it still there. They know better because they point out asymmetric build of the ridiculously priced optional CNC'd wheels. So they TOOK A SHORT CUT to save Bucks on build plus reduced stocking of interwoven needed. That oversight doesn't say much for the thought process thoroughness on their crowned jewel. I think someone dropped the ball!

And I'm surprised no one (I've seen yet) has commented on Sneakers available in build process. We know that most reviewers degraded the cars handling A LOT (calling it very vague etc.) with Conti's on yet praised it with the Michelin Sport Cups. Though they also pointed out they (M's) are more harsh and much noisier. In most pix I could not see sidewall identifiers but saw Conti on a few. Full Specs did not list the tire(s). So what happened to choosing the sneakers of choice in all the personalized custom build process Hoopla? Or maybe tires are a function of other options such as brakes? M's with ceramic, and C's with iron rotors (when available that is). Or maybe the early build site we got into is really just an incomplete tester, and is not as fully complete as website builder will be seen on 25'th? However, I was able to build several for the garage, and send my preferred (for now) one to my dealer, who did confirm getting it (to their surprise) and along with a unique identifier or build number... (maybe ultimate serial number?) That suggests completeness?!

I keep forget to bring up some things I noted.

I find it quite upsetting that the interwoven wheels are not asymmetrical. Acura "Took A Short Cut" after all. in conflict with the commercial theme. All interwoven wheels are identical (other than Fr/Rr sizing) so (IMHO) just look wrong on the passenger side... especially if going with machined which accents the lean angles. Leaning forward when at rest is odd (like rotating backwards and just looks counter to the cars impression at rest of moving forward when at rest.
As such I'll probably go with polished which don't accent the lean as much, though it still there. They know better because they point out asymmetric build of the ridiculously priced optional CNC'd wheels. So they TOOK A SHORT CUT to save Bucks on build plus reduced stocking of interwoven needed. That oversight doesn't say much for the thought process thoroughness on their crowned jewel. I think someone dropped the ball!

And I'm surprised no one (I've seen yet) has commented on Sneakers available in build process. We know that most reviewers degraded the cars handling A LOT (calling it very vague etc.) with Conti's on yet praised it with the Michelin Sport Cups. Though they also pointed out they (M's) are more harsh and much noisier. In most pix I could not see sidewall identifiers but saw Conti on a few. Full Specs did not list the tire(s). So what happened to choosing the sneakers of choice in all the personalized custom build process Hoopla? Or maybe tires are a function of other options such as brakes? M's with ceramic, and C's with iron rotors (when available that is). Or maybe the early build site we got into is really just an incomplete tester, and is not as fully complete as website builder will be seen on 25'th? However, I was able to build several for the garage, and send my preferred (for now) one to my dealer, who did confirm getting it (to their surprise) and along with a unique identifier or build number... (maybe ultimate serial number?) That suggests completeness?!

Gadgetman - Great Points!!!

I was thinking the same thing on the wheels. I did my (pretend) build with polished interwoven wheels which on the driver's side look phenomenal but then I was disappointed to see the way they look on the passenger side. How much more could it cost to have a specific wheel per corner? As it appears from the passenger side now, the car is braking and the wheels are deforming accordingly. Very weak. And I agree that these smaller details are very important.

Regarding the tires, I am guessing that this is something that the dealer will finalize once the buyer comes in to finalize the deal because they want to make sure the buyer knows what he is doing in light of the wear rating difference and other factors. Still, your point is valid - what is the downside to having this choice at least listed on the site and then the dealer can reconfigure if necessary?

Has anyone given any thought to this statement. It looks like Acura is giving dealers permission to tack on a dealer mark-up fee.

"* When available, prices shown are dealer-suggested retail price. Actual costs, labor rates and installation times may vary by dealer and region, etc. Dealers are free to set their own selling prices and/or labor rates. Prices exclude applicable taxes, title, registration, license, and documentary fees.
It's a few more words than necessary. Toyota's web site says: "Actual dealer price may vary."

Looks like Acura's website is up for customizing the NSX 2.0 and now we can see what all the options and prices are.

https://nsx2.acura.com/

What is the difference between nsx.acura.com and nsx2.acura.com? The main www.acura.com site links to nsx.acura.com which still says we are 14 hours away from accepting orders. Hopefully nsx2.acura.com is the real ordering site that they will be linking to in 14 hours and not a test/development web site that may ultimately discard your order!

My dealer told me he expects their online ordering tool will allow the tire selection (I told him I want Michelins).

He is also going to look into the pricing for a second set of Y spoke wheels for snow tires.

My thoughts after going thru the configurator.....

1. Buying the $2800 technology package is the only way to get a rear camera. Really crazy since by 2018 all new cars will be required by US law to include this as standard.

2. You have to buy the $2900 carbon fiber interior package in order to get aluminum pedals. The rubber coated pedals look lame so I'd really like the metal pedals. But what if I don't want the carbon interior pieces? The carbon pieces don't look that great anyway. And I actually prefer the alcantara on the instrument cluster hood over the carbon fiber.

3. The best looking wheels are the ones that come standard in the base price. Nice.

4. It said the cheaper iron rotors would not be available until late 2016. Wow. Makes me think that the ability to buy a car at base MSRP is a year or more away.

5. The four carbon fiber packages are not worth it. Buying all 4 increases the price of the car by a whopping $21,500. I cannot image these packages offer any huge weight savings. And they certainly don't make the car look hugely better.

Pretty amazing how you can spend $50,000 on options while getting very little in return. The truth is that the base car is already very well equipped.

What is the difference between nsx.acura.com and nsx2.acura.com? The main www.acura.com site links to nsx.acura.com which still says we are 14 hours away from accepting orders. Hopefully nsx2.acura.com is the real ordering site that they will be linking to in 14 hours and not a test/development web site that may ultimately discard your order!

The nsx2 prefix is just a sub-domain "mirror" of the main site that is typically used for beta-testing and is pretty standard practice. Usually admins do a better job of not letting the beta "leak" publicly though. Anyways it will still exist after the primary domain goes live and will serve as a load-handler (reduce the server load so we don't get another healthcare.gov incident). Having used www2's before I'm almost positive all requests submitted through nsx2 make it through.

www.nsx.acura.com and nsx2.acura.com are essentially the same site where currently the only difference between the two domains is that one url is designated the countdown timer for the unveiling...you guys basically discovered the backstage pass and got to meet the band before they show :tongue:

The spec I did came to $173,300.

No CF selected

Color and Trim

Exterior Color: 130R White
Interior Color: Saddle
Seats: Semi-aniline leather and black Alcantara power sport seats

Exterior

Exterior Package: Exterior sport package
Roof: Back Aluminum, no satellite antenna
Rear Spoiler: No rear spoiler
Engine Cover: Engine cover (NOT CARBON FIBER)
Brakes: Carbon-ceramic rotors
Calipers: Black
Wheels: Signature Y spoke
Tires: Michelin

Interior

Technology Package, ELS studio audio (NO XM radio)
Interior Package: Signature interior package (NO CARBON FIBER)
Headliner: Black Alcantara

Attachments

• NH-854_SA_SCWBBFGBDBEBABNBTBRB_large2x.jpg
    NH-854_SA_SCWBBFGBDBEBABNBTBRB_large2x.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 134
Back