• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX article in Nov 03 Motor Trend

Has anyone else seen the article? If not I'll briefly sum it up.

The article states that the 06 NSX will not be getting V8 power, instead it will be powered by a hybrid V6 and possilbly have All wheel drive. The article goes on to say that the NSX will use its current platform, and it will get a major styling remake. The illustration in the mag looks like a production version of the HSC concept car with Lambo Gallardo headlights and styling. It also says that Honda must continue to make the NSX to help push its image toward the sportier side which it intends to do.

If this article is true, and in the past MT has been pretty good at predicting paths cars take, it kind of upsets me and makes me wonder WTF are you thinking Honda? I want to see the a V8 rear wheel drive NSX in the future, with lots of power, great handling, powerful brakes, and overall reliability that I've come to love in my current car... but I think its time for a completely new car with Hondas lastest technology. The car will be 15 years old in 06. I mean the new TL has 270 hp which is only 20 less than 3.2 powered NSXs or as much as 91 to 95s which means the newest car should have at least 400 to compete with cars in its class and price range. I know that the philoshopy of the NSX isn't high horsepower numbers, but the North American market is all about numbers. Wether it be stats on HP and torque or performance numbers. If Honda wants to push their sporty image, they better come up with a car that can back it up. Thats my $.02

When the NSX was launched for 1991 model year it advanced the technological state of the art with the first use of the VTEC engine, advanced aluminum structure, etc.

The new HSC will do the same with its advanced hybrid powertrain. Projections are for approx. 300 HP from the V6 PLUS 125 HP from the electric motor assist. Plus, the electric motor will add beaucoup torque, starting at 0 RPM !!

Combined with the incredible efficiency and environmental friendly aspects of the hybrid technology. this powertrain has the potential to advance the sprots car state of the art and will certainly be a feather in Honda's cap.

Combined with the incredible efficiency and environmental friendly aspects of the hybrid technology. this powertrain has the potential to advance the sprots car state of the art and will certainly be a feather in Honda's cap.

Speaking of feathers, will the batteries be Helium filled to offset the added weight of additional motors, switches, etc?

fastcat99 said:

You are right, hybrids rule. Cause when you are on the racetrack and your battery dies after 5 laps, and you get to haul around an extra 200 pounds of dead weight.. everyone will wish they had a hybrid too! :rolleyes:

i'm not sure were but i read a press release from honda's president stating that the nsx will NOT BE A HYBRID. that it will be pure engine to "keep the sports car heritage".
but yeah don't quote me on this:D

I never thought that Motor Trend did a very good job at predicting
future models, I'm more inclined to believe Autoweek or the japanese press. Seriously doubt the HSC (or new NSX) is a hybrid. (With all due respect to Pureevil)

JimK said:
I never thought that Motor Trend did a very good job at predicting
future models, I'm more inclined to believe Autoweek or the japanese press. Seriously doubt the HSC (or new NSX) is a hybrid. (With all due respect to Pureevil)

Well no one is 100% right act predicting the future. But for the most part they seem pretty close. I'm not saying I completely believe MT is right, I was just posting it FYI really. What Honda does with the NSX is purely rumors at this point, I just hope they use some of their latest tricks and push the NSX back on top.

I remember back in 91 when we got our car, it was the rage. Winning every magazine title and commanding preium pricing. But that was 12 years ago, its time for Honda to release another new rage, IMO.

And its PUREVIL with one E not 2. Vanity plates only allow 7 letters in my state. :D

kpond said:
Speaking of feathers, will the batteries be Helium filled to offset the added weight of additional motors, switches, etc?

BTW, if you want light batteries, you want those vacuum filled ones - even helium weighs too much!

The DualNote uses an ultracapacitor, not batteries.

But this is likely all moot due to magazine delays and the new info we all have.

Back