• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Crash in San Diego

It's a NSX. Look at all of the pictures. There's one of a black NSX with the nose wiped off.

amazing that the driver/occupant is alive, still...

It's not NSX, the wheel looks like ITR 15"
Look at the rest of the pics on the adjacent slide-show, it's a '95+ Berlina black / Onyx NSX-T! :(

Of note, the article indicates that possible street-racing may have been involved w/ a black Honda Civic.

Anyways... this is the first time that I've ever seen an NSX split into two pieces from a road collision/accident!

Absolutely an NSX. Check out the slide show. That car is toast!

Wow. Hopefully the driver turns out ok. I wonder how fast he hit what that made the roof come off. :redface:

Prayers to the driver, regardless of what the story is..

what he hit, mid frame brake with drivers seat still in tact. OOOUCHHHH

Dumb reporters... They don't know what an NSX is so they call it an Integra :rolleyes:

The NSX is still safe, though roll cage would have helped.. :biggrin:

I gotta say there is something fishy here. How the hell would an X lose it in a race against a civic? Maybe he didn't know the intersection was a "T" and blazed right into it? Driver error does not necessarily constitute "racing." Besides, I guarantee every one on this forum has had a civic chase them at least once just to admire the car. That ain't racing.

:confused:

Hope the dude makes it.

Man...incredible..... a small tree and a discontrolled car can produce a astonishing result... i'm completly amazed by how "easy" the whole front end was chopped off.....

just incredible....

despite the causes, i hope the driver is recovering well....with health, we got what it takes to earn to another car, and learn with the experience how to know better.

I saw something similar not to long ago in another all aluminum car, the Jaguar XJR... Upon further investigation the car was a slavage reconstructed, and was MIG welded together by a body shop that took the engine compartment from another XJR and welded it in. Needles to say when the car hit a curb, it split right from the firewall where it was welded...

I'd have to say this looks suspicious of something similar...

Either ways hope the driver is okay. Although he should be lucky considering what his car looks like right now!

Hmmm I dont really wanna post my "IMO" it wont be too nice sounding.
As a long term medic, and ER tech I have been on scene of these type of crashes I dont know how many times and still I cant believe how stupid people are ..I have a race car in the garage, could do wheelies down the street, and yep beat the crap out of all the little kiddies and their crap civics with 600.00 stainless pipes..with the gee now Im speed racer attitude.

But I take it to the drags, have fun with the family all day --win races and drive it home 70 miles round trip, I just cant engage in this type of showing off on the road besides Its like hey I have a new ferrari...and you got a metro wanna race?

OK off my soap box maybe Im getting old I hope Im getting wiser. moreover hope he wasnt hurt too bad thank God

I gotta say there is something fishy here. How the hell would an X lose it in a race against a civic? Maybe he didn't know the intersection was a "T" and blazed right into it? Driver error does not necessarily constitute "racing." Besides, I guarantee every one on this forum has had a civic chase them at least once just to admire the car. That ain't racing.

:confused:

Hope the dude makes it.
What's fishy? The report says:

"The motorist appeared lose control while racing a black Honda Civic whose driver then fled the area, several witnesses told reporters at the scene."

Street racing. Whether it's against a Civic or an Enzo, it's a street race. Stupid.

I hope the driver lives. I hope the other driver comes forward. I hope they all stop street racing.

Stupid.

You know you f*cked up when they're unable to accurately determine what, exactly, you were driving.

I hope the owner recovers, and decides to stop racing Civics. I had a black one buzzing around me earlier today, who then tore off weaving through traffic; what's the point?

Wow that is horrible. Imagine coming to a stop with nothing in front of your legs but road.

Back