• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx Lives!!!!

It quotes in the article, "Everybody is waiting for it. It won't be in a year, though."

What does that mean exactly? It won't be for at least another year? Or we won't even have to wait a year for it?

NSX Deposit

Hi Just joined today, be patient.
I visted the NSX dealer today in Vancouver Canada and put a deposit on the new NSX, The minimum deposit is $10,000.00 Can. I am number 3. 2 years ago I put a deposit on a Mercedes sl 55 amg. They never gave me a placement no. and never contacted me. I picked up my deposit a month ago and was told that there must be a mistake. I indicated there was and they were it. I will never deal with them again.

Hmm.. seems like that article might be old news.

I got the link off VTEC.net.

Anyway, I hope it lives....

looks like they recycled the article and changed the date.:(

Am I the only one here who DOES NOT want to see a new NSX hit the market? In this very unique situation, who can accurately predict what will happen to the value of the 1st gen NSX once a new improved model comes out? I've never seen this have a positive effect on ANY car ever made, period.

Your thoughts?

I don't think you can stop progress and inovation forever just to protect the value of a small group of cars.

NSXnBRLA said:
Am I the only one here who DOES NOT want to see a new NSX hit the market?

Uhhh....yes you are. Who wouldn't want a better car offered?

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA In this very unique situation, who can accurately predict what will happen to the value of the 1st gen NSX once a new improved model comes out? I've never seen this have a positive effect on ANY car ever made, period.

I can predict the value. The value will be exactly the point when demand intersects supply. Early model NSX's will have to stand on their own merits.

FWIW, SL55's are difficult to come by. Seems everyone wants them and most dealers are gouging the heck out of the buyers, "Market adjustment."

FWIW, I think the "F Man" is saying that the NSX will be out later than a year. Here's hoping it's at least a 2800lb, 450hp, paddle shifted wonder. Here's also hoping that one can swap this engine in the early model NSX's. ;)

NSXnBRLA said:
Am I the only one here who DOES NOT want to see a new NSX hit the market?

I agree only if the new one does not live up to its name. It has to create the same impact the original did. Also, it cannot be cheaper than the current one. I might be out of line, but the prestige factor must still be there. A $40K NSX just doesn't sound right.

If it can't live up to the original, I would much rather they kill the NSX completely and use another name.

Like an aging athlete, I would rather see it retire when it's still a competent sports car, not when its totally obsolete.

TWO VERSIONS

Hello all, I spoke with a gentleman at the Barnes & Noble in Torrance by the Del Amo mall and he told me some very interesting info. First off his friend works for Honda as an engine designer. He said nsx will come for sure, but this is where I was stunned it WILL be offered in two versions. DOHC TWIN TURBO V6 i didnt ask for horse power #s (kicking myself) $50-60,000. the premium model WILL have ulev V10 21 mpg city 25 hwy $120,000 +. Both will feature sh awd. Premium car will be special order only. Its funny how we started talking, he thought I worked for Honda because I was wearing one of those Honda factory performance caps w/ carbon fiber bill that I got at IAS. I hope you all enjoy, also hope those w/ inside info can back this up.

The hp #s he said was 800 hp for V10, but he said it WILL have V 10 special order. I realy wish I would have asked him about V 6 tt hp #s. I do think 800 hp sounds a little far fetched but 120 hp per ltr at 5 ltrs will give around 600 hp. note 600 hp & 5ltrs are just for refrence. 600 seems more realistic but he said 800 and i said r u sure & he said yep!

j three said:
...I do think 800 hp sounds a little far fetched but 120 hp per ltr at 5 ltrs will give around 600 hp. ... 600 seems more realistic but he said 800 and i said r u sure & he said yep!

Don't forget Honda can make 120 hp/L in a NA trim, so imagine what they can do with FI!!!

To achieve 800 hp FI, my guess would go with a 4 to 4,5 L engine displacement...

and 800 hp NA, with a 5,5 to 6,0 L...

I wonder what will be the redline?!?

Hope this will be true but I am a little bit skeptical knowing how Honda is competent to keep secrets...

800 hp that sounds sweet into my "Exotic-NA-Midengine-Car-Nut-Having-Preference-Towards-Honda-And-Venerating-The-Mc Laren F1" ears. :)

The actual Honda F1 engine is said to pump out 930 hp @ 3 L redlining at around 19 800 RPM in a total 90 kg weight package!!!

This is an awesome 310 hp/L output and more than
10 hp / engine kg. :eek:

I know, it lasts only about 600 km though...

j three said:
The hp #s he said was 800 hp for V10, but he said it WILL have V 10 special order. I realy wish I would have asked him about V 6 tt hp #s. I do think 800 hp sounds a little far fetched but 120 hp per ltr at 5 ltrs will give around 600 hp. note 600 hp & 5ltrs are just for refrence. 600 seems more realistic but he said 800 and i said r u sure & he said yep!

800HP is a bit far fetched and at $120,000 that's even more far fetched. If that is true, that version of NSX can easily pull buying prices that's multiples of MSRP... It's capable of raping the McLaren F1's @$$!!! And breaking all possible records!!!

It just doesn't seem right.

Re: TWO VERSIONS

j three said:
Hello all, I spoke with a gentleman at the Barnes & Noble in Torrance by the Del Amo mall and he told me some very interesting info. First off his friend works for Honda as an engine designer. He said nsx will come for sure, but this is where I was stunned it WILL be offered in two versions. DOHC TWIN TURBO V6 i didnt ask for horse power #s (kicking myself) $50-60,000. the premium model WILL have ulev V10 21 mpg city 25 hwy $120,000 +. Both will feature sh awd. Premium car will be special order only. Its funny how we started talking, he thought I worked for Honda because I was wearing one of those Honda factory performance caps w/ carbon fiber bill that I got at IAS. I hope you all enjoy, also hope those w/ inside info can back this up.

If he is a Honda engineer, I would think he is pulling your leg. Sounds like total BS. Plus I would think he would get into alot of trouble leaking this kind of information.

Also, how much of the NSX's engineering is done in the US anyway?

By the way, I live in Palos Verdes so I frequently go to the Barnes and Noble you are talking about (and the Coffee Bean next to it).

Sorry I didnt specify but V10 is n/a V6 is tt. He was tellin me that the street engine is basically the f1 engine modified for street use. RY RY the guy I spoke with wasnt the honda enginedesigner, it was a good friend of his.

Why would they offer at TT V6 and a V-10? Seems to similar to me. I'm calling BS on this one as well, although I hope at least of them is true. Preferably the V-10 with SHAWD!

HSC is too small for an V10 engine.........also can it handle 550hp~600hp with such a small body style?

I wish, V6 tt for the HSC and V10 for "REAL NSX REPLACEMENT" :)

HSC said:
HSC is too small for an V10 engine.........also can it handle 550hp~600hp with such a small body style?

I wish, V6 tt for the HSC and V10 for "REAL NSX REPLACEMENT" :)

Maybe but doesn't it sound strange to know the HSC will have no trunk?

Could this be a way to insert a nice V10 longitudinally ?

Back