• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx Lives!!!!

effer said:
Maybe but doesn't it sound strange to know the HSC will have no trunk?

Could this be a way to insert a nice V10 longitudinally ?

Personally, I think it would be a terrible idea to eliminate the trunk. That is part of what makes the NSX such a great daily driver..

Auto?

Maybe im crazy but, I think the V6 could possibly just be the auto version. This idea just came to me for no reason. I remember hearing about a test drive in the hsc but it was auto. Any thoughts ?

Re: Auto?

j three said:
Maybe im crazy but, I think the V6 could possibly just be the auto version. This idea just came to me for no reason. I remember hearing about a test drive in the hsc but it was auto. Any thoughts ?

It¡¦s supposed to be a paddle shift tranny similar to SMG and Ferrari¡¦s F1 tranny. So I would say there is no need to create a separate automatic version.

Why does anybody debate over info from an anonymous poster, relating info from some random dude at Barnes and Noble, regarding his friend who works for Honda, who seems to have previously classified info on the HSC?

Today I met a rabbi who once travelled to Japan, where he ran into Fusaki Jutawa, who used to work at a gas station where he once changed the oil on a 92 Civic that was owned by a guy who knew a friend of a friend who had a relative who worked at the lawnmower division of Honda. Anyway, the rabbi told me that the new HSC is going to be $30k and have 1000 hp, to compete with the Bugatti Veyron. Also, you'll be able to special order a diesel engine if you want more torque. There will be a new option code, 747K, for retractable wings that will help boost mpg to 150. You can even specify option package R-I-C-E for a full complement of underbody glowlights. Unfortunately, Acura is removing the cd changer and the keyless entry from the list of standard features, but has added sphincter massagers and a DIY colonoscopy kit in place of the air compressor. Hey, if the rabbi says it, it must be true!

Give me a break!

HEY LEFT LANE!!!! your post sounds more like left field. This thread is for all "news" "rumors" and "speculation" about the second generation nsx and hsc. I am sure you saw this when you clicked on on it . So save all the B.S. for some other chump. Why listen to anything in this thread since you are obviosly pessimistic. You would be better off watching extreme makeover, after all it is "REALITY TV". Oh yea dont forget your adult a.d.h.d medication.

Sorry ladies and gentleman I just hate when people think they can talk down on others info. I've been a fan of the nsx for a long time as all of you have, and am anxiously awaiting the arival of the next gen. I love to hear all the different news and updates everyone has to share. I have learned to take everything I hear or read with a grain of salt. Knowing Honda we will not know the REAL truth until they want us to. But until then we will enjoy the new developments.

j three said:
HEY LEFT LANE!!!! your post sounds more like left field. This thread is for all "news" "rumors" and "speculation" about the second generation nsx and hsc. I am sure you saw this when you clicked on on it . So save all the B.S. for some other chump. Why listen to anything in this thread since you are obviosly pessimistic. You would be better off watching extreme makeover, after all it is "REALITY TV". Oh yea dont forget your adult a.d.h.d medication.

Hmm.. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that some people actually believe that a V10 engine from a F1 car can be dropped in on a street car. Highly unlikely.

Rumors are ok, but those rumors that are more plausible are much better than those that are way from the "left field". Otherwise you are just wasting everyone's bandwidth.

BTW: I'm not being pessimistic, but being realistic.

Ken

I am ready to accept bets about the V10 not going to the HSC/new NSX.

I accept odds of 3:1 on it... so I would pay 300$ in case it will get it and I only ask 100$ in case it won't.

:D

j three said:

Thanks for your 7 posts. And by the way, I don't need to save it for another chump - you'll do just fine.

I understand the forum topic - I just think it would be nice to relate some real info, or at least realistic info, instead of 5th party hearsay that has absolutely no chance of ever happening. And don't worry, I won't forget my Ritalin if you don't forget to have your mommy get you your Flintstone vitamins.

Im not too sure about the V10 either but then again who would have believed Acura would come out with an awsome sports car that could beat the pants off a ferrari 348, then equal the 355 in most respects. Acura is kinda behind the ball with its comp and should show everyone that they are unmatched. Made a great choice with the tl now they need to continue the great work on the next nsx and go all the way with it. Ok im a chump but damnit I take vitamin world vitamins. ha ha ha.:D

LeftLane said:
Why does anybody debate over info from an anonymous poster, relating info from some random dude at Barnes and Noble, regarding his friend who works for Honda, who seems to have previously classified info on the HSC?

Today I met a rabbi who once travelled to Japan, where he ran into Fusaki Jutawa, who used to work at a gas station where he once changed the oil on a 92 Civic that was owned by a guy who knew a friend of a friend who had a relative who worked at the lawnmower division of Honda. Anyway, the rabbi told me that the new HSC is going to be $30k and have 1000 hp, to compete with the Bugatti Veyron. Also, you'll be able to special order a diesel engine if you want more torque. There will be a new option code, 747K, for retractable wings that will help boost mpg to 150. You can even specify option package R-I-C-E for a full complement of underbody glowlights. Unfortunately, Acura is removing the cd changer and the keyless entry from the list of standard features, but has added sphincter massagers and a DIY colonoscopy kit in place of the air compressor. Hey, if the rabbi says it, it must be true!

Give me a break!

That sh|t is just too funny...LOL

V10 - No Way

The economics of offering two versions as radically different is just not a good business. Both cars would need very different desings.. But a Twin Turbo would give much need life back into the v6, but would need low compression engine, and this setup takes a lot of room done right; so something would have to change. If they got creative they could do away with the spare tire, perhaps they could put the equivalent of a airbag into the center of each wheel. A sensor in each wheel would check tire pressure continuously, when a flat is inevitable a chemical mixture begins instantly inflating a tub within the bad tire, given perhaps several hundred miles of use before needing a repair. Freeing up space in front for a large intercooler, radical maybe. This new feature could give wheel manufactures a needed value-add.

You guys are talking about the implausibility of an F1 V10 engine going into a street car.

Go look at the new M5 with the absolutely insane F1 based/inspired V10, Honda could take a few pointers there...and maybe they are.

satan_srv said:
You guys are talking about the implausibility of an F1 V10 engine going into a street car.

Go look at the new M5 with the absolutely insane F1 based/inspired V10, Honda could take a few pointers there...and maybe they are.

Hmm..

From the *little* that I have kept up with F1 cars these days, I know that the Williams F1 car uses a V10 engine that is close to 3 liters and has a redline that is in the upper teens.

If someone tells me that the engine on the M5 is based on the BMW/Williams F1 engine, then I would say that they are absolutely nuts.

Because an engine is a V10 it does not mean that it's the same engine, or even based on the same engine block. Look at the differences in displacement, engine management, etc. So the only 2 things that both engines share is the basic configuration :(.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken

Well, obviously the M5 engine is going to be different than the F1 engine. Though the M5 engine's throttle bodies, electronics, and BI-VANOS were derived from the F1 engine.

I like what BMW and Ferrari are doing and think it pathetic that Honda can't translate their F1 technology to the street.

Last edited:
Ponyboy said:
Well, obviously the M5 engine is going to be different than the F1 engine. Though the M5 engine's throttle bodies, electronics, and BI-VANOS were derived from the F1 engine.

I like what BMW and Ferrari are doing and think it pathetic that Honda is not can't translate their F1 technology to the street.

exactly my point, it's not the same engine but geez somebody knows what they're doing and it isn't honda.

or maybe they are waking up and that's why they scrapped the HSC

effer said:

The actual Honda F1 engine is said to pump out 930 hp @ 3 L redlining at around 19 800 RPM in a total 90 kg weight package!!!

and will blow up if you drive it for more than one weekend...

effer said:
assuming you intend to make more than 700 km

won't even make 7 kms if you need to stay stopped for longer than a couple of minutes. These engines need to be in cars that are moving constantly as they do not have fans to keep the coolant cool and will start to overheat at the first stoplight. :eek:

apapada said:
won't even make 7 kms if you need to stay stopped for longer than a couple of minutes. These engines need to be in cars that are moving constantly as they do not have fans to keep the coolant cool and will start to overheat at the first stoplight. :eek:

Right! And even some F1 didn't make it! I remember both Stewart Ford in fire on the starting grid just after a restart...

Makes me also think about the first US test drive of a Mc Laren F1.

"... Once again the Brits have upheld a long tradition in engine cooling and air conditioning of not understanding how downright hot the world can be outside the cloudy British Isles. ... "

Peter Egan
Road & Track
December 1997

F1 engines overheat not because of their design but because of the F1's chassis design. Aerodynamics is king on a F1 car, which is why the bodywork is so tight, pretty much "skin tight" right over the drivetrain, so there is no room for any liquid cooling/fans and relies only on speed so the radiators get enough air to cool the engines. Not that makes it anymore likely a F1 engine would make it into a production car, but it won't necessarily overheat at a stop light either because a regular car's body would be large enough to accommodate proper cooling equipment for the engine and circulate hot air out of the engine compartment at a stand still or low speeds.

When you see those cars on the grid during press before the parade/warm up lap, you'll notice that they use power fans and dry ice to keep the engines cool

Back