• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on Carsales

Hi

Welcome back Joel.
Your list should cover majority of NSX that may come onto the market, especially since you're happy to take an auto as well.
Where are you located ?

PS: Do you know your old username?

I think my old user name is jophopkins ? I can’t remember as it’s been so long. Thanks for the reply.

I’m located in Melbourne. There is one red one on Carsales but the guy has it at over 100k and tells too many stories. 18k on inside etc.

Anyone know of any NSX's for sale in Australia? Apart from the usual overpriced examples on carsales/dealer.

I'm sure it's said a lot, but it's been my dream car since it was released & I've decided that now is the right time in my life to make it happen.
I've searched online etc, but from a previous conversation with an NSX owner, it seems many NSX's get sold before even officially going to market.

Here's one just come up on car sales: https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-NSX-1994/SSE-AD-5178002/?Cr=2

no mention of sale price, anyone know what it went for?

edit: just found it at the end of the fine print: $98K

Last edited:
I have trouble believing it sold so fast. I could never have caught it if it did. I've been checking carsales etc twice a day & missed this popping up. Possibly seller backed out or buyer already had it lined up.

Damn shame but mark my words, I will get one. Whether it takes a day or years. Came very close to getting an R34 GTR over Xmas but as fast & impressive as it was, my heart just wasn't in it.

Cheers for posting though :) Keep em coming.

What a Friday & way to end the week. I just bought an NSX. It may not be in my garage for a long time, but done nonetheless. Grade 4B, no accident history with 107,000 legitimate kms.

Long story short, with upcoming likely changes to the Australian import laws, the NSX will eventually be able to pass through the "older vehicles" scheme (25yrs+).

Given the demand in Australia to import NSX's & the appreciation in WW prices, I decided to take a punt & have my broker in Japan bid on a few in Japan since the start of December. After losing 5 auctions, I eventually secured an NSX. My broker will store it nearby in a secure undercover facility & since it's in Japan, I think I may aswell pay it a visit if/when I'm over there on business this year & enjoy it in its motherland.

Prolly better to start a new discussion to benefit others, but thought I'd chime in here as I'm pretty over the moon right now.

Well done man. Ironically I picked up my black one today. Imported for purpose of 25 year rule. Is there a reason you can not import it now? Can I be rude and ask approx how much you paid. Even ball park

I was hunting for black actually, but am more than happy with cliche red. Already have a few black cars to maintain so thought I'd change it up.

I don't mind if you're willing to disclose too? Paid 4.9M yen ($56k aud). Auction grade 4B (great original paint), zero accident history, great condition unmolested interior with a marga hills kit which I may ditch. Legit 106k kms.

Truth is, I could have saved a little bit if I had my bidding bearings right 1-2 months ago, but prices in Dec started to get really competitive & I lost 2 silver ones with a bit less mileage & my max bid then was 5.6M.

In perspective, exporters & dealers were offering similar or more expensive for repaired cars.

Can't import yet as the new Australian 25yr import law hasn't been formalised yet. Existing laws don't permit as Honda sold some here. Karma I guess for us having access to so many Jap cars for decades I guess.

Last edited:
Interested to know where you sourced yours if you don't mind as no black manuals came up on auction. There one at dealer, which I checked but steered clear of & the other is LHD.

I have a few contacts that were able to import two NSXs per year. I still have to wait to reg it next year. Paid $55

congratulations MR2QIK (& jop) - your detemination is impressive!

Can't import yet as the new Australian 25yr import law hasn't been formalised yet. Existing laws don't permit as Honda sold some here.

wonder what that means for later/NA2 NSX type R, they were never sold here. I know of one Australian NA1 type R (Geoff's yellow one) and I think it was sold by Honda ? Although on second thought maybe it was just a special import just before the rules were tightened up back in the 90's.

Last edited:
I will add I had extensive checks done on the red nsx on Carsales at $105k that has 149kls. DO NOT BUY!

transmission slips, paint very avg with colour matching poor, kls been tampered with as I spoke to previous owner and he sold car at 165kls, power steering rack issues and the list goes on.

Well done, looks great! Manual or auto?

Do you mind sharing (via private chat if you prefer) how you got it here? I'm assuming it was somehow imported & you're waiting for the 25yr pathway to rego it. Or was it imported via another pathway for now (eg race/rally import)? If I could get mine here already, would much prefer that even if I can't rego it yet.

wonder what that means for later/NA2 NSX type R, they were never sold here. I know of one Australian NA1 type R (Geoff's yellow one) and I think it was sold by Honda ? Although on second thought maybe it was just a special import just before the rules were tightened up back in the 90's.

Probably imported in the earliest days before rules got tightened. Or private import. You'll be able to get Type R for sure eventually too, I actually looked at them, but they're as competitive to buy as a NUR R34 GTR. Not cheap (be lucky to get change from $200k) but I guess cheaper than the silver Honda owned NA2 that popped up recently in AU.

It’s auto. I have a manual box coming. Plenty of time as I have heaps of other things to do.

This forum is still friendly as I remember back in 2003 :)

All NXS Type S and R were only JDM sold Geoff's yellow one was imported from Japan by a guy who lives in the next street from me.

Last edited:
How long until you can leagally import it?
What year is it? I see it has a red top so its a 95+ or a respray?

If I'm lucky, may be able to ship it over this year, but can't register it until 2019. It's a 91, confirmed it's original color/paint, except the fenders (Marga Hills) & bodykit of course.
I'm not sure if the roof was sprayed, but don't believe it has been. Saw quite a few red top NSX's go up for sale in Japan (some unmodified super low mileage too), so I believe it was optional (in Japan at least) to get red or black top.

RE the purple targa, I was coincidentally interested in that one years ago when it was for sale in QLD from memory. Pretty sure it's the same as one, as I recall the buyer ended up replacing the quarter panel.

Back