• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Paid off!!!

Congrats ! 400.00 is nothing, my payment is 1K after putting 20K down :eek:
It's starting to get on my nerves so I guess I better get into gear. :biggrin:
man 1G a month after 20g down . Is your credit very bad or what?:confused:

That's a tad personal. A question like that can be thought of but not actually asked. Besides, considering the variables a 1k payment is entirely reasonable.

Yeah...I made a bunch of payments at $400...then my last one was $23,387.34 :)

I don't like having money tied up in autos, unless of course I plan on keeping it for more than 5 years...and at this point, I don't think I'll be getting rid of her anytime in the future.

Congratulations! Must be a good feeling. I wish I could say the same thing about my mortgage...:rolleyes:

I couldn't stand the thought of a loan payment on a weekend car, so I paid cash. Now, I am in the home stretch and will have my mortgage paid off on my house in a couple more years. Debt is bad!

I am in the home stretch myself...got some money I was gonna pay down the credit cards with...but thinking the 6K to pay it off and be done with it is awfully appealing right now. I am in the process of finding a truck to daily drive. getting some small things done to clean up my NSX so it's about perfect, then drive it for fun only. I will sorely miss daily driving it....but I need to stop putting on all the miles before it starts costing me alot to maintain it again, went through that stretch of costly repairs....trying to avoid another one. Anyways....I hope to add to the "paid off" list here real soon too.

Pay the credit cards off first. :biggrin:

He's got an 04, skippy. Car was probably 70 grand. Don't know how to amortize a loan?

6% APR, 5 year note on $50,000 = 967.00/m.

they where trying to get me a loan with 14% interest and my credit is like in the 750 range. I told them I will just give u a check. I didn't want to pay all that interest on that car every month.

what loan shark was this? 14% thats absurd, especially with your good credit rating.

Nice thread. Glad to hear I'm not alone making payments Still have about 16 months to go but at 5% auto loan it's hard to think about paying off early. (Pretty cheap money).

Debt is bad!! The house has another 3-4 years to go and it's time to burn those loan papers too. Congrats on owning the NSX outright. What a great feeling!

He's got an 04, skippy. Car was probably 70 grand. Don't know how to amortize a loan?

6% APR, 5 year note on $50,000 = 967.00/m.

Thats what I was thinking when I read that!

Mine is at 5.99% intrest due a month with no principle due, EVER! Its like about 400.00 a month but of course changes every month I make a principal payment.
After 9 months it goes up to 12.25% with no principle due. But I pay anywhere from 3 to 5 grand a month on principle just to get it down before the 9 months run out.
If I can get the NSX out of the way I can start paring on the Lotus I just bought.
And I'm closing on my new house next week for 3500 a month @ 30ys! Crap, Im getting a headache, gotta go.

She's all mine...took about a year and 1/2 ...but man, what a good feeling. I havn't owned a car outright in a long time...but I think she's a keeper, might as well.
Nice not having those $400 payments!
:biggrin:

I hear ya'! When we paid off the cars it was so nice to know that our monthly expenses went down as much as they did. It is actually amazing how if you eliminate things like car payments you can live pretty well on not a whole lot of money.

What's "an 2004 MY car"?

MY = model year.

Mine was paid in cash, but not all debt is bad.

A 30 year fixed is around 5.75%. Factor in the interest deduction, and you're looking at less than 4% for 30 years. Interest rates are near historic lows, so it would be a pretty good bet that rates will be higher in the future. That's why the world is awash in liquidity - they are giving it away right now.

I just purchased my 97 Yellow NSX in January 07 from a private seller in cash. It is a good feeling when your car is paid off.

I don't have a payment on any of my cars (mostly junk except for the NSX)

But my wife wants one of these...

2006.nissan.murano.jpg

somehow I see another car payment in my future:frown:

I don't have a payment on any of my cars (mostly junk except for the NSX)

But my wife wants one of these...

somehow I see another car payment in my future:frown:

ikes John! Any subtle way to steer her towards a nice used E36 M3 or something like that so you can share from time to time? My long-standing household rule is that only 'trackable vehicles' are eligible to be considered. Hey the good news is that Stoptech has the Murano in their application guide... but more than likely it would be best served as an extra parts/support vehicle at the shop. Aren't those just a 3.5L 6's thou? What is the effective towing capacity? :tongue:

Last edited:
This thread encourage me. I hate having a car payment. We just paid off our Jeep and the payments were only $200 a month. I dont think I will ever pay $400 a month for more than 4 years. Ok maybe 500 for 4 years if it was a chery NSX.

Its good to hear that a few paid cash for thiers, and some are close to actually owning. Congrats and best of luck.

ikes John! Any subtle way to steer her towards a nice used E36 M3 or something like that so you can share from time to time? My long-standing household rule is that only 'trackable vehicles' are eligible to be considered. Hey the good news is that Stoptech has the Murano in their application guide... but more than likely it would be best served as an extra parts/support vehicle at the shop. Aren't those just a 3.5L 6's thou? What is the effective towing capacity? :tongue:

I would have to look that up...towing really isn't an issue for us....it would be mostly used for hauling a$$ up to go sking or taking her bike to Triathlons ect ect.

Last edited:
MY = model year.

Mine was paid in cash, but not all debt is bad.

A 30 year fixed is around 5.75%. Factor in the interest deduction, and you're looking at less than 4% for 30 years. Interest rates are near historic lows, so it would be a pretty good bet that rates will be higher in the future. That's why the world is awash in liquidity - they are giving it away right now.

Since when do they finance cars for 30 years? We're talking about automobile loans here, not mortgages. :rolleyes:

And just FYI...though mortgage rates are on the lower end now, they were more near historic lows about two years ago. Thanks for trying, though. :rolleyes:

Since when do they finance cars for 30 years? We're talking about automobile loans here, not mortgages. :rolleyes:

And just FYI...though mortgage rates are on the lower end now, they were more near historic lows about two years ago. Thanks for trying, though. :rolleyes:

They don't. I was obviously referring to mortgage rates, as you figured out. And I was responding a poster who mentioned home mortgages and said "debt is bad!" I apologize for not properly quoting and not transitioning properly from cars to home mortgages.

What part of the word "near" do you not understand? Two years and 100 basis points is "near" when using a 40 year historical range and rates ranging from 5% to 20%.

Oh, and just FYI, rates were not "more near" historic lows 2 years ago. Rates were AT historic lows 2 years ago. Rates are "more near" historic lows right now. Thanks for trying to correct me though. :rolleyes:

Back