• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX to 911 GT3 or GT3 RS...anyone?

that video keept me clenching, it was like pac man and all of a sudden f@#k, the trany. Looks like good driving skills and nice power; Wonder if it is any one hear, someone please step up and claim you're prize, and a list of questions such as mods, HP, etc...:smile:
Hey! Thats little ol' me!

That vid was from last April. At that time, the motor was basically stock with usual bolt-ons = 260rwhp. Clutch was upgraded to powergrip1 with improved oiling & cooling. KW V3 coilovers and non-compliance suspension upgrades.
Here's the rusult with a happier ending :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjs7npbLgLM

Next we added a 2.3L CTSC & airbox which brought the power up to 400rwhp.
More video after CTSC install.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnzRfUfa41A

Currently upgrading trans/LSD. For a detailed history of build:
Prime Build Thread

You have to be brave to do track days...glad I experienced it in the past but wouldn't track an expensive car again unless I had alot more training.

That Evo and Corvette braking mid corner was scary...shouldn't they have the gas pedal planted and not lifting off especially braking???
When I'm lined up on pre-grid I always take a close look at what tires everyone around me are running on. The dude in the red vette was the only one on street tires so I had anticipated his little yip. When the rear stepped out in T6 it definitely gave him a diaper-check and he immediately backed off and almost swapped ends. This is a prime example why I don't run with that group anymore. Why they would allow a 400+hp car on track with street tires I have no idea, but it is an accident waiting to happen.

Awesome video's, did someone say track domination, the driver of the turbo NSX not a novice either, so did you ever catch the green gremlin in font of you at the end of the vid?
Watching this makes me want to go out and get a set of wheels with good rubber, grow some balls and take mine to the track, where it belongs.:smile:

Hello Everyone.

I am one of those guys who went from an NSX to a GT3 last year and I must say the GT3 is in every single way a more exciting and thrilling car. It's more of an event getting into the Gt3, whereby the NSX felt very dulled down and relatively boring in comparison.

That being said I continue to look on prime at used NSX for sale since I am always drawn back to the car for how amazing it is all around. Such a low maintenance, easy to live with, gorgeous car to live with on a daily basis. However when it comes to a second car, a toy car I guess, the GT3 is a much better choice.

I test drove both the 997 and 996 variants, and the 996 GT3 is a complete beast or a car. To me still among the greatest 911's to date and also very affordable relatively speaking.

I never looked forward to driving the NSX hard, even with all the mods I had on it. Every time the opportunity to redline the GT3 through the first 3 gears presents itself, the uncontrollable giggles and exileration shakes happen.

My advice is drive the GT3 side by side with the NSX. If you want a daily driver, don't buy a 996GT3, but a 997 GT3 would be just fine.

But I know for sure one day in the near future, I will definitely own an NSX again. If you ignore speed and performance, the NSX is still the the king of the road. But speed is addicting and the flat 6 sound with the FVD exhaust.....youtube it and you will see.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]It sounds as the GT3/RS is just a way better in every way and I have no doubt that car is a beast. If money is no object, GT3/RS is probably the car to have instead of a NSX. What is that attraction from a NSX that makes you still wanting to come back? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For me, I love the NSX because I cannot afford a GT3/RS yet. But it will be interesting to hear from you since you have a GT3/RS and still wanting to own a NSX someday.
[/FONT]
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
Hello Everyone.

I am one of those guys who went from an NSX to a GT3 last year and I must say the GT3 is in every single way a more exciting and thrilling car. It's more of an event getting into the Gt3, whereby the NSX felt very dulled down and relatively boring in comparison.

That being said I continue to look on prime at used NSX for sale since I am always drawn back to the car for how amazing it is all around. Such a low maintenance, easy to live with, gorgeous car to live with on a daily basis. However when it comes to a second car, a toy car I guess, the GT3 is a much better choice.

I test drove both the 997 and 996 variants, and the 996 GT3 is a complete beast or a car. To me still among the greatest 911's to date and also very affordable relatively speaking.

I never looked forward to driving the NSX hard, even with all the mods I had on it. Every time the opportunity to redline the GT3 through the first 3 gears presents itself, the uncontrollable giggles and exileration shakes happen.

My advice is drive the GT3 side by side with the NSX. If you want a daily driver, don't buy a 996GT3, but a 997 GT3 would be just fine.

But I know for sure one day in the near future, I will definitely own an NSX again. If you ignore speed and performance, the NSX is still the the king of the road. But speed is addicting and the flat 6 sound with the FVD exhaust.....youtube it and you will see.

I missed my 911RSR right up until I started passing GTRS's with my NSX :wink:

Having owned both and raced both, I find the NSX to be a much more enjoyable car to drive at the limit. Especially since the engine is located in the correct place. You get more car for your money stock and if you choose to race it, you can build a car just as potent if not more so than any rear end P-car - for less.

Awesome video's, did someone say track domination, the driver of the turbo NSX not a novice either, so did you ever catch the green gremlin in font of you at the end of the vid?
Watching this makes me want to go out and get a set of wheels with good rubber, grow some balls and take mine to the track, where it belongs.:smile:
Thanks racer9x, go out there and have some fun! I passed the green Lotus on the next lap but unfortunately the battery in my camera died.

As I said earlier, Ray05NSX moved on to a 2011 GT3RS. And I can tell you there is absolutely no comparison to a NSX. Ray tracks his car, so if you ask him I bet you he will tell you that the GT3RS is better than his NSX in every way. If I had the money, I would never dick around modding my NSX and would head straight for a GT3RS.

Attachments

• 2012-10-04 11.56.29.jpg
    2012-10-04 11.56.29.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 602
a>

a>

I had the pleasure of owning a wonderful GT3RS, with PCCB. I've owned many a Porsche, and they are among my favorite cars. I loved the RS and took it to the track regularly. Its no surprise that many of open track events I attend have numerous GT3s and RSs present. They are almost unequaled track-day cars. The RS will outbreak and out accelerate a stock NSX without looking back.

Having said that, I must respectfully and forcefully disagree with the notion that the GT3 is superior to the NSX in every way. While that may be true for setting fast lap times right out of the box, I don't feel that way at all about the two cars for general driving enjoyment. I think that sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side, especially for those who have not had the pleasure/agony of owning some of the more expensive exotic cars out there. After all, the NSX design is from the late 80s, isn't it? How can it hope to compete with all that new technology?

However, all it takes is one short drive in the NSX to remind me that it doesn't matter how old the Mona Lisa is, it's still the Mona Lisa. If I could have only one car, and I had to choose between my RS and the Zanardi I now own, it would be the latter, no questions asked. That's not a dig against the RS, its a indicator of how special the Zanardi is.

You guys that own NA1/NA2 Coupes may not realize it, but you are participating in ownership of one of the greatest cars of all time. (Targas too!). The NSX punches WAY above its weight. Always has, always will. It's all the more awesome when you consider the wonderfully low price of admission when compared to other cars of similar engineering virtuosity. If I had $30,000 to spend on one car and one car only, it would WITHOUT DOUBT be an NA1 Coupe. Nothing else even comes close.

Now go out and whisper a few kind words to the lovely, trusty, balanced NSX sitting in your garage.

Although I often meet GT3's on the track, it's very seldom that I can actually engage a race with one of them:rolleyes:
It happened in 2008 at the Paul Ricard circuit in the south of France.
I had my slicks and the CTSC that worked nicely because it was cold enough.
The Porsche was a 996 GT3 but I don't remember the model year.
In any case we had great fun, he could not pass me and when I let him by, I could not pass him either.
Here's a pic to show how close it was:cool:
010729_zps3fd426e2.jpg

Anyone read the new "Best Driver's" car in Road/Track magazine I think?

Shocking how badly they rated the McLaren and was surprised to see the BRZ so highly ranked! C63 Black series beat out the GTR and the 991 Porsche Carrera beat them all! Keep in mind this is just the normal Carrerra S, not the GT3 or any special model which is even more amazing :)

I hear ya CB72...has happened to me on the track with drivers I knew were good....but in your exact case he has a passenger which without that rewards weight he would most likely have more easily walked away.:redface:

I really don't know why the NSX keeps drawing me back in. Ironically I think it has to do with how docile and relaxed it is around town and being able to use it on a daily basis is very rewarding. I also think the styling is timeless and more unique for obvious reasons than the GT3.

Not only that I can't stand the image that a "porsche" gives to people. Alot of people are complete morons and think that owning a "porsche" is only meant for the wealthy and snobbish people of the world not knowing boxsters and cayennes and 996 carreras are sometimes well below the price of a new honda accord. That's a big downfall for me, people labelling me as something I am not.

I think those who genuinely love to race and love motorsports and own gt3 and gt2 models with the means to do so are people who don't want to show off, they are simply people who love to drive. I really think if you have the ability to own this car you would be foolish not to see what they are all about first hand. The GT3 still puts a huge smile on my face every time I get to redline it.....wayyyy more than the NSX could ever even with the comptech supercharger.

It's a much more rewarding car, not a better car tho. They serve very different purposes. If you want to feel excited to drive a car a couple times a week buy a GT3 if you can.

I owned a 996 GT3 and a 997 GT3, both brilliant driver cars. 996 was excellent until I drove the 997 and it was miles better, nicer built, looking and faster. My neighbor has an 997 GT3 RS and it sits there not moving, I suspect it is too hardcore to drive in a non track environment. Plain GT3 is good enough for both. So, in my opinion, get the car you will use more. The RS will be a future classic, but same can be said of the 996 or 997 GT3's.

I prefer this video that shows a 997 GT3 cup at Spa Francorchamps F1 track.
Just to give you an idea my CTSC NSX managed only 220 km/h at the end of the long uphill straight when this car gets to 265 km/h.
Of course, I could not go through the dip at "Eau Rouge" with over 1.4G lateral acceleration at over 180 km/h...
I'm not sure it was only a question of tire grip:wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBmh0RvaIn4&list=FLoe6PovyXNTYPQBX7V3_yeA
There is another video showing the same car going into a spin at...250 km/h
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SrbwPFS9XU&list=FLoe6PovyXNTYPQBX7V3_yeA
I remember that Gerard van Santen lost his NSX many years ago in the same turn!
Pretty scary!

If you ask an NSX forum this question, then you will get an NSX type answer. I've tracked my NSX for the past 6 yrs of ownership, and deep inside I still want the GT3-RS or even GT3 because to me it's the holy grail track car. But like others stated, I went with the turbo for daily use. But ask this question on a PCar forum, and the NSX isn't even spoken in the same sentence as a GT3RS. The truth like it or not.

Back